Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month needs a new thread.
Let's start it off with the last topic talked about.

What CAT teams are playing in what cup?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley, Div 1 Cup, whatever it is. Never really got a definitive answer when I was asked what direction to go. Again, makes no sense to compete against yourself, IMO.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can know finish my thought. LFC2 do you not think if you said it sounds good in theory that it would work then why not get behind it and make it work. I would much rather know that if the prem team is looking around and saying fcuk we are old there are players that can fill in so the club does not die with the core guys who all leave together. Anyways just my feelings I think the P.D.D thing would work, it gives a young group the chance to play together without feeling isolated right out of the youth program. We do play for something whether there is a trophy or not, to win.

Dude in my game summary did I go on about playing the Prem Langley team or mention anything about prem players playing at all. Read my post, I only poked fun at the mention of prem players after Sub made his post. Do you think I said to the guys we only tied because... we played Langley on the day regardless of who was playing.
I hope you listed the players for Subs benefit as I already knew who played from my "Sources". Glad you brought up potting two against us in the cup last year. I will mention something a little more recent, "Dude you are killing us back here" after one of your many great touches on the pitch I guess thats why you where moved out of midfield.
Cheers, good rivalry regardless.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic, we are going to be playing in the PAK just to give the young guys a taste of the next level and how they match up on the day. It does seem pointless to play your own team but hopefully that does not happen. The way we are set up this year they are pretty much two seperate teams, so much for the theory?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast

So Dude, the truth is out, there was five prem starters at our game on the weekend, no wonder you where so ****ey to state you where going to win. Suburbanator where did that leave you in the pekking order before you "got out" of the system when you did ?

Umm... the game I watched was like 4-5 weeks ago.

I don't quite understand your question regarding the pekking order....

I ran the CAT team. When we joined the league in men's three years ago we had to start in Division Three or CAT. We chose Cat, with no offilliation with the Premier team. We worked a little bit with LFC and the Premier side over the next couple of years but it wasn't working as a PDD / Premier system should and most of my players were deemed not ideal for a system as such. I moved to an available Division Two Spot and 8 of the former Cat players came with me.

I am glad I got out of the "system" when I did because I put a lot of heart and pride in what I do, having the FVSL and a handful of Premier Teams belittle it with a non-effort would be pissing me off right now...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have you know, Belfast, I was playing striker at that point, and having about as much impact as I was earlier as a winger :rolleyes: . And yes, that touch was ter-ri-ble, and Chuck's shout was well deserved. Especially funny when he needed to take two breaths to get the words out. :D

Besides, I suggested to Jay at half to make the change in mid because after 15 or so if nothing changed. As I stated, nothing was really happening out on the wings, either way. Both myself and Mike Ohlman were cheating over to the middle of the park just to get touches. I think both of the guys you had out there while I was on the right side were fine players, but nothing was really going. Essentially, we marked each other out of the game. I felt that the position needed a different look, like some speedy guys in Rice or Chris, who would make the long runs to the corner. In the end, nothing really changed. It was a very choppy game where nobody really stood out.

I don't speak for the club, but I have a feeling that what you are describing will be the way it goes in the future, although I don't know who'll run it. As for this year: some very good young players getting significant minutes in Prem, and they're doing well. Changing of the guard, Belfast.

With regards to your squad, don't come on here trying to sell the notion that you are "young". Paddy, Allan, Mika, the defender with the Steve Nash Hair, the wop with the jerry curls, and you are not young. From what I've seen, the youngest team in the div is Whaley, though I haven't seen Delta yet. Chilliwhack is pretty young, but they've got a couple of washed up old codgers, too. Poco...very similar to Langley, if not older. Not uncommon to see 3 or 4 prem guys suiting up with them.

Anyhow, good games both, clean, and fcuk off...I'm busy, you know. :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I don't speak for the club, but I have a feeling that what you are describing will be the way it goes in the future, although I don't know who'll run it. As for this year: some very good young players getting significant minutes in Prem, and they're doing well. Changing of the guard, Belfast.
:

Dude, There are a large number of U21 players that should be joining the men's program next season as LUFC currently has two U21 teams in the system. I bet you will see a handfull more very skilled young players step up into the Prem/Cat system again next year.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, I think It's obvious that both of your clubs have succesful records in both the Prem and C.A.T (P.D.D). So whatever either of your clubs philosophies are about the importance of or the relevance of the reason for playing, you have to see the benifits of having a place to come back from injury, groom next years fill ins, and not lose local up and commers to other teams because they can't make your squad yet. It looks as though most of the competitve teams in the Premier Div. have a competitive CAT squad as well. So whether you support it or not the reality is that it plays a bigger role than we give it credit for. Always having someone pushing your Prem. guys for a spot keeps them from slouching/ gives them a place to stay fit and ready when they are not getting minutes. Both of your CAT teams have seen success alongside you Prem. squads. It's unlikely that this is coincidence. Even IF they are pretty much two separate teams. You don't lose you talent to the next city over.
LFC2, If you don't like the idea of the CAT system, what would you prefer to see?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, as I stated earlier to Yoda the average age on our team is 24. The bulk of our team is youth with a few older guys thrown into the mix to settle things down. There are five young guys on our team right now that can play Prem with no trouble, thats the hard part keeping them eager to progress through the system. The players you mentioned are part of the five older players in the mix, Micah is 24, Paddy 27 so I would not consider them old at this point maybe Paddy as he plays like he is 35 ?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it wasn't meant as an ethnic slur, my apologies if you took it that way. I have many Italian friends, most met through the game, so offending you wasn't the intention.

Regs: am I out of line with that? The word "WOP" seems to be used with regular abandon in both the VMSL and Italian league threads, by both I-Tals and non Italians alike...

Anyhow, if it offends you, appologies, not the intention, and I'll refrain from using it.

Question: am I still allowed to call my Fijian wife a crazy dip? Sorry...that was off topic...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised at Micah's age...he's been around some time.

Paddy...about where I thought.

How about Steve Nash hair, and the ethnic Italian gentleman?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's almost funny that an Italian would ask people to stop with the slurs... like "they" are known for their diplomacy. None the less...

If the man his his papers, "va fan coulo" (sp?)
D'I get that right Pinturicchio?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot devulge that information, the Italian his last name is Radcliffe that does not sound like an WOP's name does it ? He likes that whole Italian look, his IROC has been back ordered.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of things that i like to state to the guys from Chilli......I read some of the comments about us being late and trust me its more of annoyance to our team management too......guys can't make the carpools on time either, so we apologize for that. I didn't make it to the game until half time and brought one of our starters with me.....yeah and got a nice $400 fine for driving too fast along 0 Ave :(

It was not the best squad we could take to Chilli but thats what happens when you don't have a lot of depth.

As for Subs comments about us not wanting to be here and buying into the system is not true at all. Sure we sit at the bottom of the league and we are inconsistent, but that doesn't mean we don't want to win......every week i am gutted by the feeling that we lost and most of the other guys are as well. As all teams we are also trying to develop our younger players for the future as well. We have most of u-21 squad playing our prem and cat games......and we have gotten spread too thin because of injuries, and suspensions lately.......as a club we are trying to address this but it has been a slower build up than what we would have liked.

LFC2 - leave us alone, stop picking on us you big bully :D ..... bring all the prem players you want to surrey, it won't make a difference to us.....they all look the same....you know short, stocky, nice hair, no skill, all hustle white guys with hot wives :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose about as much as your "source" is Irish.

I'm going to get clattered on Thursday now, aren't I source? :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all hustle white guys with hot wives
Hey, that's an ethnic slur coming from you T. The white guy part, not the hot wives part. I think I'm offended.

Must say, we do have some cracker wives and MILFS on our team.

To all the MILFS out there, apologies in advance for the sexist comment (really, it's not like me), especially Mrs. Yoda, who I'll be taking home from the TTP X-Mass dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0