Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched both of the peace arch vs lions games yesetrday and I have to say peace arch does have a good program going. Their was alot of skill on the cat team and it seemed like a good number of players will be able to play in a year or two. However in delta nobody really wants to be in the cat program, because there is no insentive to go anywhere except to leave your teamates and play premeir. I have been asked to come play premeir for delta and there is interest in a number of our players who play div 2 NDFC, we hope to be in div 1 next year and leaving to play premier is not even tempting. There are 3 or 4 team in delta (NDFC, Titans, players, and lowlanders) who have been playing with the same group for a while and would rather do that then play cat. In fact I think if these four teams combined we would crush both the delta premeir teams. it just seems alot of people rather play with friends and the group they grew up with then go play cat. I think you have to take kids right out of youth like you said before they have formed a team

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good comments by Cainy.
One question though or thought. Wouldn't you love a system or a league that would get them 18 relatively competitive games. Imagine if PAU CAT would play the stronger CAT teams like the Wack and Langley and the top half of Div 1 week in and week out. Your guys would develop that much quicker.
I think if you take a step back and look at the CAT and DIV 1 together, you can safely say we have enough talented players in these two divisions to make up a very strong Division 1. Right now the bottom half of CAT is quite week and in cases non existent, as is the bottom half of Division 1.
This is my biggest problem with the system at the moment. It is always the permit question. Again, increase the single game permits to 7 or whatever. Likely won't need this much, but could alleviate the problem. Question then becomes the abuse of this rule. But what good premier program would ever want to run their program relying on 7 call ups a week?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
... in delta nobody really wants to be in the cat program, because there is no insentive to go anywhere except to leave your teamates and play premeir. There are 3 or 4 team in delta (NDFC, Titans, players, and lowlanders) who have been playing with the same group for a while and would rather do that then play cat. In fact I think if these four teams combined we would crush both the delta premeir teams. it just seems alot of people rather play with friends and the group they grew up with then go play cat.

Maybe in the next couple of years... assuming you're from ND and not Delta... if these four teams are around the same age and are "friends", you combine a couple teams together and form a club. Pool your talent and have a competitive Prem. squad AND CAT squad with your crew/friends or guys you've grown up playing soccer with. If you have four squads that are that good, you could be ND's version of PAU's club pretty quickly.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Wouldn't you love a system or a league that would get them 18 relatively competitive games. Imagine if PAU CAT would play the stronger CAT teams like the Wack and Langley and the top half of Div 1 week in and week out. Your guys would develop that much quicker.
I think if you take a step back and look at the CAT and DIV 1 together, you can safely say we have enough talented players in these two divisions to make up a very strong Division 1. Right now the bottom half of CAT is quite week and in cases non existent, as is the bottom half of Division 1.
This is my biggest problem with the system at the moment.
It was suggested by one of our wise men that we run the two Divisions side by side. CAT teams play all CAT teams twice and the reg Div one teams once, and vise versa. Or top five of each play the opposite division at the end of regular season play for a chance to make up oints on their own div. It is a lot of games but I'd love to have interdivision games. Then the top eight teams from each Div. get into cup or playoff action. IT probably means more money than teams are willing to spend on refs, fields, league fees and whatever else but. I think that it'd be cool if it could be worked out.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
It was suggested by one of our wise men

A wise man in Chilliwack is a bit of a stretch even for the most active of imaginations.

There is no way you would be able to get that many games in but if you had the top two or three teams on both sides play a weekend tournament at the end of the season we could settle the score as to which division is stonger. Well we could prove that we are the stronger division to all you premier wanna bee players. :D

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
There is no way you would be able to get that many games in but if you had the top two or three teams on both sides play a weekend tournament at the end of the season we could settle the score as to which division is stonger. Well we could prove that we are the stronger division to all you premier wanna bee players. :D

Won't we already be playing against each other in the new Div. 1 cup? Maybe a good idea would be to have a larger inter-divisional cup between FVSL Div. 1 & CAT and the VMSL Div.1 &CAT. That would give us all something bigger to play for. Then there'd be a fourty team Title. First and second from each respective Division make it through to play for like a champions league style title. First of ten is decent first of fourty would be a serious title. No matter if it's premier or not.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 makes a good point, in that having the two division spreads the talent thin and waters each down.

Maybe this suggestion is the answer...no reason why Prem / Cat teams that work closely together now couldn't continue with that, while others that don't won't see any real change to theirs.

What I don't understand is the need for three sides in div. 2, and 2 in div 3. Could a divisional alignment that places 10 teams in Premier with 12 teams in 1 through a 5th division work? The 2nd division now, from what I see, is quite a bit weaker than a few years back when they split up divs 1A, 1B, and 1C into 1, 2, and 3. I thought they sort of had the divisional alignment right then, with Prem + 1-5. It meant a temporarily strong divs 2 & 3, while some of the 1A teams were a bit weaker. I thought given time, it would all sort itself out. Why did they go away from that? Too many teams not liking being associated with div. 4 or 5?

Anyhow, from my standpoint, a structure as suggested above seems to be the best idea for all interested parties...the only real dispute would be where to allocate the teams, and how many to just plain drop (ie: GN sport).

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
However in delta nobody really wants to be in the cat program, because there is no insentive to go anywhere except to leave your teamates and play premeir. I have been asked to come play premeir for delta and there is interest in a number of our players who play div 2 NDFC, we hope to be in div 1 next year and leaving to play premier is not even tempting. There are 3 or 4 team in delta (NDFC, Titans, players, and lowlanders) who have been playing with the same group for a while and would rather do that then play cat. In fact I think if these four teams combined we would crush both the delta premeir teams. it just seems alot of people rather play with friends and the group they grew up with then go play cat. I think you have to take kids right out of youth like you said before they have formed a team

BULLJIVE TALKING ALOT OF BULLSHIT :rolleyes: ...Okay i agree this has been the main problem with the delta program for years where players of lower teams rather stay in a lower division to play with their mates. As Lions we did it to Crafty, It's the Delta way. I mean we are here for fun first and it is more fun playing with the guys you have been playing with. Our club has strong players in the lower levels but they choose to stay down. Fair enough.
But dont come out talking this crap about beating us with some lower all-star squad. I'd love to see it. PLEASE bring it! There is no way in hell that could, or would ever happen. We are simply better. The majority of the best players play in PREMIER in BOTH DELTAS. There are a handful of players ready to play here but not enough to beat both delta teams. It's true the lower teams have strong parts of their teams but with VERY OBVIOUS WEAKNESSES. In premier level soccer those obvious weak links are exposed. Bulljive you're dreaming, smoking crack, or something.

Off topic: Cainy you're the man. I agree if only all the systems in the league could be like that.

Bulljive is right about one thing though:

ND RULES :knvb:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
Won't we already be playing against each other in the new Div. 1 cup? Maybe a good idea would be to have a larger inter-divisional cup between FVSL Div. 1 & CAT and the VMSL Div.1 &CAT. That would give us all something bigger to play for. Then there'd be a fourty team Title. First and second from each respective Division make it through to play for like a champions league style title. First of ten is decent first of fourty would be a serious title. No matter if it's premier or not.

Sorry Cryuff but some of teams from the superior div 1 would rather get spanked in the Pak cup than play to win some made up cup. I do agree with maybe having cup play with the VMSL but it would never happen and both leagues would not have time to get the extra games in.

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rider, from what I saw Sunday it looks like your team has a lot to prove... next year in Div 1.

Bulljive, hope your Div 2 side advances so you get a chance to go head to head with Knight Rider. :bronco:

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FTM said:
Knight Rider, from what I saw Sunday it looks like your team has a lot to prove... next year in Div 1.

Bulljive, hope your Div 2 side advances so you get a chance to go head to head with Knight Rider. :bronco:

Whatever you say Sally :rolleyes:
Just thank your club for putting your premier home games on Sunday and the depth/injury problems we're having or else you would have taken a pumbling in the CAT game on Sunday.

If i had cramped up one step later you would have been down 2-0 :cool:

BTW tell #5 i owe him a beer. When the alien tried to escape from my leg he saved my life. Actually i owe him two beers...
and its KNIGHT RHIDER don't get it twisted.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KR...the bird who was perched at the top of the backstop owes you a beer or two for the cramp, so maybe you'll break even.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ever happened to the president's cup, that was one of the oldest trophies in the province????

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
KR...the bird who was perched at the top of the backstop owes you a beer or two for the cramp, so maybe you'll break even.

I havent killed a bird in years. My shot is much more accurate nowadays. Just ask the Peace Arch birds i met a couple that night ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
What ever happened to the president's cup, that was one of the oldest trophies in the province????

Still exists as far as I know, now called the Knights Cup in recognition of Garry Knights involvement over the years. Only for those on B Forms, Div 2 and 3. To the best of my sometimes not so current knowledge.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds right and I don't think they have a name for the dic 1 and div 1 cat cup yet but I here they are searching all the second hand stores in town for a cup with some history behind it. So far all they have found is an old bowling trophey so if they take the ball off the guys hand and put it at the guys foot it will look like the guy is taking a dive and we can call it the South American cup.

That comment wasn't considered racially insensitive was it?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bowlers of the world out there are aghast at being compared to South Americans. That's what you meant, wasn't it?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ND program, and its problems, with good players staying with their mates just doesn't cut it to me. I played youth and under 21s with the same group of guys, yes they were my mates and i enjoyed playing with them, but half of them were still pissed from the night before when they turned up for a match. Some only ran once a week, and even then it was only if the ball was at their feet :rolleyes: Lads are lads you always meet new mates, who hasn't played against players they hate, only to play with them in a tournement, or later in your career, and become good friends. If you want to live in a bubble where it's nice and safe and nobody touches your private parts, your like a teabag in the ocean...WEEK. Once you hit a certain age I can understand, but players should want to play at the best level they can. If the Lions do get relegatedthis season, and I'm not saying they will, they should join Crafty at Delta United. The Lions who don't make Crafty's premier team can still play with his cat team, you can all train together, and play with eachothers cokc and balls after practise :eek:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Lions do get relegatedthis season, and I'm not saying they will, they should join Crafty at Delta United.

I hear if the lions do get relegated they may merge with GN. It would make sense, since the players have always been good friends from school, and youth soccer. Hell, they share the same feild. They would be a welcomed addtion to the GN camp, who knows maybe the Lion might come out of his den.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy...been there, done that, and you're bang on. Guys like Bulljive are living in a bubble and just don't get it. Plus, he's on crack with his opinion of his abilities if he thinks he can just step into premier and compete with a buch of div. 2 buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0