Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 0 PAU 2
Damnit, can we score another goal please?
Good first half by both teams, back and forth. Belfast with a great free kick to beat our keeper who just graduated from highschool. How does that make you feel? ;)
Second half, i thought we controlled the play and most of it was played in thier end. They had a few breakouts, one being their second goal.
They should have been a man down in the second with the blonde kid two handing our guy to the ground after the whistle. Ref was too chicken to give him the red he deserved.
Oh, well, we'll put that one behind us and move on to the christmas break.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
They should have been a man down in the second with the blonde kid two handing our guy to the ground after the whistle. Ref was too chicken to give him the red he deserved.

No chance. That was a soft yellow IMO. Definitely a foul, and deserving of a talking to, but not a red.

I agree that GEU took more of the play in the second, but all in all the better team won today, as the CAT boys roll onwards. Nice way to move into Christmas break boys......atop the standings, and looking down at everyone else. :D Well done.

~Skip

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game fellas.

I agree with skip. that was definately deserving of a yellow. but not a red. from the side lines on the PAU side i didnt see both hands up. i did see a shoulder with a lot of momentum behind it nothing more.

im sure we can all agree that the officiating today was somewhat questionable. It was a hard fought match. looking forward to the next time we meet
see you in the new year.

have a good xmas break
-spoons-

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Understandable comment coming from you. I've seen you play.
:eek:
I've never played a more studsup, arm grabbing, hip checking, cheap shotting team all season. How can Belfast say they aren't right for the Premier team?
:)

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, I guess we were arm grabbing, shirt pulling cheap shotting ourselves as your team did nothing wrong. According to the ref that is, i do believe that was a home team advantage ref. Glad to see another streak started by G.E.U(losing that is) Yoda you might want to clarify what streak you want to start in the future. Not a pretty win by P.A.U but a win regardless thats how you start a streak ! Cheers good luck in the new year.

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - GEU Continues their streak.
Good first half and we hung back in the second playing defense, finally getting the clincher. Would have liked to have gotten a few more in the first half to have really opened it up. Looks like we handled GEU in the 50-50 balls given the complaints. Don't know where the clutching and grabbing was going on though but I guess missing the college guys excuse has run out.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, i need new smiley faces for my account, they don't seem to be working.

Belfast/FTM, relax boys i was only kidding.

As for the "home team advantage ref" he is nobody's home ref, certainly not ours. Sure he invites our family over for dinner every sunday and i went to his kids christening but he's not a homer ref!
He made good and bad calls both ways.
Now i know you guys don't foul anybody in your games so i too am not sure why he called what he did, but then he let you get away with few things as well. And before you get all worked up, we got away with a few ourselves.

The streak is only a motivater at the most. I'm not afraid to make a bold prediction for our team instead of sitting on the fence and saying "we'll see how next week goes". Not afraid to eat crow.

As for the college guys, the excuse hasn't run out yet because they've dissapeared (but a few) from playing to their potential.

As against Poco, we can't finish the chances we get, and other teams are, that's where it kills us.

On to next the next streak, i mean match, i meant match!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless some teams are planning on scheduling makeup games on their own here's the standings before the Christmas Break.

Chilliwack and Delta Metro can still make some big leaps in the standings with 3-4 games in hand on some teams.

# Team GP PTS
1 Peace Arch United 13 31
2 LUFC United 11 21
3 North Delta Lions 13 21
4 Whalley Rangers 12 20
5 GEU Ultra 13 19
6 PoCo City Dominion 12 18
7 Chilliwack Rapids 9 17
8 DMU United 9 11
9 GN Sporting Club 13 6
10 Sikh United Lions 11 1

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Regs, i need new smiley faces for my account, they don't seem to be working.

Belfast/FTM, relax boys i was only kidding.

As for the "home team advantage ref" he is nobody's home ref, certainly not ours. Sure he invites our family over for dinner every sunday and i went to his kids christening but he's not a homer ref!
He made good and bad calls both ways.
Now i know you guys don't foul anybody in your games so i too am not sure why he called what he did, but then he let you get away with few things as well. And before you get all worked up, we got away with a few ourselves.

The streak is only a motivater at the most. I'm not afraid to make a bold prediction for our team instead of sitting on the fence and saying "we'll see how next week goes". Not afraid to eat crow.

As for the college guys, the excuse hasn't run out yet because they've dissapeared (but a few) from playing to their potential.

As against Poco, we can't finish the chances we get, and other teams are, that's where it kills us.

On to next the next streak, i mean match, i meant match!

Hey Yoda,

My apologies as well - should have added some smilies into my message ;)

Other than your one guy that got completely rocked on a shoulder check there wasn't anything dangerous in the game. Which is good because it was our Mexican's last game before going back and glad he didn't get his ankle broken out there while burning your guys 3 at a time.

So, talked to Al Mac yet? :D

Terrminator

Nov 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco beat DMU last night 1-0. Hard fought game, but we got the job done. Totally different team for DMU from the first time we played . They are bit bigger,stronger and at least a little older now. Good win for us. Three in a row and finally starting to get to where we should be in the standings.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrminator said:
They are bit bigger,stronger and at least a little older now. Good win for us. .
Well that's because you played them 3-4 months ago so yes there probably 17and a half yrs old now ,they may have grown a little and put on weight also :rolleyes: .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FTM said:
So, talked to Al Mac yet? :D

Nope,
Like i want to listen to him brag about how they beat us twice this year.
Mind you they played their best when he was either off the field or not there at all.
;)

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that we could start making predictions as to when we might get to actually play again...

I'm going to go with the weekend of the 22nd.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank god for the snow. Now i don't have to rush to get the poll up for MOTW.
:)

I would think this weeks games will all be off, unless some eager beaver coach is going to go out and clear off a field before Sunday.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmm.... eager beaver....

Are most CAT teams losing players for the rest of the season to the cup teams? After the 15th they can't play prem guys down right? So... are some of the teams basically going to disolve?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
mmmm.... eager beaver....

Are most CAT teams losing players for the rest of the season to the cup teams? After the 15th they can't play prem guys down right? So... are some of the teams basically going to disolve?

You just lose them for Cup, not league play. League games are not affected, as long as you remain signed to premier or CAT squad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Pool Cups are up and ready, please feel free, anyone, to enter.
Prizes include $100 Adidas Package for each pool.
Premium Members get in for free.
Enter now. Picks have to be in by the end of the week.

You can find pool info here:

2005 FVSL Cup Pools

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 4 - ND Lions 1.
I was impressed with our play tonight after not really practicing much (for some at all) since the christmas break. I think it's safe to say we controlled most of the game. ND had a couple of good chances, finished one to break the shutout.

Glad the second trip out to Mackie in a row for a 9:00pm game is over. Just one more next week to go. :rolleyes:
Surprised to see they did not have any subs after last nights game when they suited up about 20 players. Knight Rider there but not suiting up? Come on! Give the boys a hand!

Good confidence builder before taking on The Fury next week for cup.

Final note. Nice to see thier coach suit up and play 3/4 of the game up front. I thought we were the only team that had a secret weapon like that.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So i guess all the other CAT games were cancelled this weekend then?

Let's hear it boys. I wanna know details..........aaaaaalllllll the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0