Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results and Banter - November '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T,
They'll post a notice on the changeroom doors at the fields, you can check it there.
:)

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Please, let's keep the politics, government theories, and family/job paragraphs to some other thread than the CAT thread.
I have an idea, how about you create a thread called "Who gives a shite" and argue about it there.
I might even be able to block it from anyone else except Rivermouth and Spoons02 so you can chat there.
Or just PM each other.

For now let's keep it about soccer.

Cheers.
Right...apologies also...must have been on drugs back there....back to soccer: The Wack pitches are, correctly, all grass. Unlike fake turf, real grass requires drainage...of WATER...which, when it rains like Cryuff talks, means that the fields can get flooded. Said another way: the fields DON'T DRAIN. Said another way: TOO MUCH WATER ON FIELDS MEANS CITY CLOSES FIELDS, MEANS CAN'T PRACTICE, or Play.

This means that, during this time of year, practicing on our "Immaculate, Lit, Grass fields" is very difficult. The Club can usually get around this hurdle, but this year, it seems that the youth teams have pre-booked all of the indoor spaces available, which is making it that much tougher. Still, the Rapids Prem Squad beat SUFC, while the Delta Metro squad cancelled their game with the CAT lads. Unfortunate.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
This is why kudos must go out to the Chilliwack Rapids who have involved the Youth Soccer teams, the Community Paper, and the District itself to help promote and build soccer in their city. They regularly have about 200 fans come out to their home games, and put on an excellent show for them: with music, 50-50 draws, prize giveaways and the works with all of this in some of the best facilities East of Swangard Stadium. The CAT guys all help out during Premier Games, and the guys who played Premier that week help out during the CAT games. Both sides also go and support the Women's side, which only strengthens the Club. The kids who come out to the Park to watch the Rapids play often stick around to ask for autographs from the players, who they are beginning to look up to, which means that they will want to play for them when they are old enough or good enough one day. It's great to witness, and the end result is great for Soccer, no matter what team you play for.

Every Club should be like that.

Shouldn't you be able to talk these kids, who, "look up" to the premier team, and "stick around for autographs", and work out some sort of deal for indoor time. Sounds like the little men at the rapids are giving you the finger. I was under ther impression your club helped each other out. I'm starting to think every club shouldn't be like that. Anyways ...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth- my point being that on one hand you're crying poor, saying farmers never take hand-outs, when the truth is that on an overall basis, you guys have some of the top facilities- soccer, hockey, otherwise- around. You're full of shite on that end, sorry. You give me a farmer who's never taken a government hand-out, and I'll buy that sweet riverfront property, that never floods, at a premium price.

About the only thing you can say about Chilliwack is that there is a greater demand for the facilities, and I'm sure the added taxes from people flocking to the area will pay for a new all-weather facility in the near future.

Plus, on the drainage front...ever been out to the Langley turf facility after a hard rain? Bitch, bitch, moan, moan, out.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, word is that we're supposed to be getting an entire new complex similar to the "Townsend Park" complex on the other side of the highway in the near future. Perhaps we should push for one a better drainage system in that one. I wonder if those fields will be "lighted".
How are those turf fields being built anyways? I thought that they were built with a 3'-0" gravel drainage base and an actual drainage system that connects with the storm sewer...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff,

Not knowing anything about this sort of stuff, ours was engineered without taking into account the effect the track base would have on blocking proper drainage, apparently.

I Know NAP's drains well, as most other new turf facilities do.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should make a shop-vac/ride-on lawnmower combo to drive on the field and suck up the pools of water. Maybe rent one of those trucks that they use to dry off the NASCAR tracks. I've heard that airating(sp?) is supposed to help drainage. Anything else we may be able to ask the city to do that would help?
It would just be nice to make up these games and make it to the halfway marker of our season.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aeration does help but it probably would just make matters worse at this point. Should have been done about a month ago while it was a little drier. Now it would probably just make it muddier. Depends if it is sand based or not. It should be but who knows.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll let you guys know how our new turf field drains, if we ever get on the damn thing!
:mad:

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok...alright, fine. You caught me. I was attempting to divert attention away from the fact that the Rapids are very frustrated at not being able to actively practice because of drainage issues, by throwing in a b.s. argument about farmers. You caught me...I concede that one.

However, though our facilities ARE some of the best outside of Vancouver, We still don't have an all weather field. The last one we had was made of crushed glass I think, as the scars from the attempted slide tackles I made on them in years past, will attest to. Luckily, they scrapped that field of screams, and converted it to the lit football fields that border the practice facilites at Townsend Park. Also, I didn't think that all weather fields COULD flood. If that's the case, then apologies all round about that point.

Can I just add that the Rapids are incredibly irritated at this year's uncharacteristically
unavailable practice facilities?

Super pi**ed off.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How well do the fields disperse of SNOW?!!!

here's a quote from the damn weather.ca Chilliwack page...

"From Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon we expect : less than 1 cm of snow and 15-20 mm of rain."

sack of balls

As of the 26th the fields in Chilliwack are open... I wonder if this lil bit of winter will ruin another weekend, or if our "fancy" parks can handle it.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 7 GN 0.
Same score as the last time. Was playing on the next field but saw a little scuffle break out. Good to see the ref not budge an inch while it took place.
:rolleyes:
I'll let FVCascade fill in the game details.

Oh yeah, still undefeated since......... well since i said we'd go undefeated.
:)

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 P.A.U 1
Game today had alot of nervousness in the first 20 min or so, each team trying to feel each other out. There goal came against the run of play basically one shot one goal type of thing. We pressed in the second half against a Langley team that came back in numbers, wiley veterens. There back line played a safe but effective game today hard to penetrate. Although we left the field knowing we had the bulk of the possesion and deserved the win the finishing just wasnt there. Hats off to the moment of silence today with the numbers being presented off the field. Cheers

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Langley 1 P.A.U 1
Game today had alot of nervousness in the first 20 min or so, each team trying to feel each other out. There goal came against the run of play basically one shot one goal type of thing. We pressed in the second half against a Langley team that came back in numbers, wiley veterens. There back line played a safe but effective game today hard to penetrate. Although we left the field knowing we had the bulk of the possesion and deserved the win the finishing just wasnt there. Hats off to the moment of silence today with the numbers being presented off the field. Cheers

summed it up quite nicely. It was a great day for soccer. and we played on a great field. good game guys.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks Results and updated standings:

Chilliwack Rapids 6 SUFC Lions 0
Delta Metro United X Whalley Rangers X
GEU Ultra 7 GN Sporting Club 0
Langley United FC 1 Peace Arch Utd. 1
North Delta Lions X PoCo City Dominion X

MOTW turned out to be quite a thriller apparently between PAU and Langley. Couldn't have asked for a better result for those chasing them both.

# Team PTS
1 Peace Arch United 25
2 LUFC United 21
3 North Delta Lions 21
4 GEU Ultra 19
5 Chilliwack Rapids 17
6 Whalley Rangers 17
7 PoCo City Dominion 12
8 DMU United 11
9 GN Sporting Club 6
10 Sikh United Lions 1

Peace Arch keeps a hold of top spot with Langley and North Delta trading places in spots 2 & 3. Whalley drops 2 spots to 6th and GEU and Chilly move up a spot each.

I'll have the MOTW stuff up tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0