Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results and Banter - November '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2 - Whalley 2

We let that one slip away. 3 of the 4 goals were breakaways and i'm pretty sure the tying goal was offside. Oh well, can't get every call. Have to deal with it.
We should have potted a couple more but couldn't get a foot on some of the crosses.
Head still hurts of the collision with the keeper fists.

Technicaly still undefeated, but would have been much nicer to take the win.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Results and Standings:

Delta Metro United X Chilliwack Rapids X
GN Sporting Club 2 North Delta Lions 0
Peace Arch Utd 4 SUFC Lions 0
PoCo City Dominion 0 Langley United FC 1
Whalley Rangers 2 GEU Ultra 2

New Standings with Todays Results:

Team PTS
1 Peace Arch United 24
2 North Delta Lions 21
3 LUFC United 20
4 Whalley Rangers 17
5 GEU Ultra 16
6 Chilliwack Rapids 14
7 PoCo City Dominion 12
8 DMU United 11
9 GN Sporting Club 6
10 Sikh United Lions 1

PAU takes sole posession of 1st place.
GN upsets ND Lions

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
Spoon and Swiss Miss:

Listen: first off, Unlike you city poncers, Chilliwack is made up of hard working, "get-your-hands-blistered-and-dirty-working-your-to-feed-your-family-without-taking-government-handouts", type individuals who take pride in toiling away, earning next to nothing, while trying to better themselves. As a result, we don't have the kind of money that you wang slappers have, to build million dollar artificial turf fields. A most definite luxury.

Most of our citizens are farmers, and proud, hard-working, blue coller folks. Our community provides most of you guys with the food you eat (sorry, correction: you citified guys eat sh*t, so that would be provided by the cows we farmers work with, my apologies). Frankly, you should be thanking us, instead of trying to insult us about our inadequate winter-field situation. We don't have dirt fields, and all of our school gymnasiums are booked up by the youth teams, who get first dibs when the district closes the fields down. We don't want to destroy our Game field (for obvious reasons), so this dilemma has been a real sore point for our club this year.

However, DESPITE this years difficulty in getting indoor facilities, the Rapids are still slapping teams like yours around. *mock shock expression* Shocking! How is that possible without a talented squad of dedicated players?!

Secondly, the CAT squad is also 2 (and after this week, 3) games in hand, so your fixation on the total number of points is a little bit misleading.

Finally, Spoon, your assertion to "prove it on the field" is well stated. The Rapids have, and will continue to do so. Remember, this year, the CAT squads also get to vye for the Pakenham, as well as for the Provincials. That's when the REAL season begins. The Rapids will see ya all then.

Cheers!

First of all just because we live in or near the city does not mean a lot of us dont get our hands blistered and dirty. I personally. am an electrical apprentice. 3rd year. The company i work for is mainly known for installing controls for heating ventilation and air conditioning systems in schools and other buildings (such as PROSPERA PLACE) right next to your park. Most people in this province no matter where they live. contribute in one way or another to societies well being. They too also desire nothing more than to be able to support their families.

Just thought id throw my $0.02 in on that one. But who knows i live in the city so im useless.

as for the results this week the gn vs lions game was quite a surprise.

our game went quite well. no complaints here. next week vs lufc should be quite the match. Looking forward to it.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoons02 said:
First of all just because we live in or near the city does not mean a lot of us dont get our hands blistered and dirty. I personally. am an electrical apprentice. 3rd year. The company i work for is mainly known for installing controls for heating ventilation and air conditioning systems in schools and other buildings (such as PROSPERA PLACE) right next to your park. Most people in this province no matter where they live. contribute in one way or another to societies well being. They too also desire nothing more than to be able to support their families.

What? Huh? Where am I? Where did the CAT thread go? Does the CAT thread not have a soup nazi to take care of this? This belongs on the LUFC dance thread. Ask for Manny.
We, OK I, demand answers Mr. Moderator.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Today's Results and Standings:

Delta Metro United X Chilliwack Rapids X
GN Sporting Club 2 North Delta Lions 0
Peace Arch Utd 4 SUFC Lions 0
PoCo City Dominion 0 Langley United FC 1
Whalley Rangers 2 GEU Ultra 2

New Standings with Todays Results:

Team PTS
1 Peace Arch United 24
2 North Delta Lions 21
3 LUFC United 20
4 Whalley Rangers 17
5 GEU Ultra 16
6 Chilliwack Rapids 14
7 PoCo City Dominion 12
8 DMU United 11
9 GN Sporting Club 6
10 Sikh United Lions 1

PAU takes sole posession of 1st place.
GN upsets ND Lions

What would happen if say Langley won every game left by a combined score of 97-6? Can the forecast models shed any light on this scenario. Would we have a chance of taking the trophy?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC 2 ask Chilliwack they would know ?

The game today was very strange started off very slow like nobody wanted to play, must of been the cold. Same thing once again for P.A.U took awhile to get things going to get result. Fair and clean game today well played by both teams cheers to big T and the boys good luck the rest of the way.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, Rivermouth with his "We're poor, proud farmers" shout was pretty gay. You're bang on...farmers have never, ever taken a government hand-out :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . And, Chilliwhack sure does look like a ghetto that can't afford to invest in it's fields...you only have about 18 lighted, immaculate grass pitches, with large changerooms, within about 2 square miles. Pot, meet kettle.

The only thing gayer was Spoon's rebuttal.

But, whatever you can build a rivalry on, I guess.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoons02 said:

as for the results this week the gn vs lions game was quite a surprise.

Somtimes I think that a disclaimer should be attached to these kind of posts... "The preceeding post does not reflect the views or beliefs of the "Rapids Soccer Club". These posts are the expressed opinions of the individual postee."

That Prospera Place is nice eh? The company I work for did the Fire Sprinklers in there. Small world...

How the hell did we get on the fundamental values kick?

Good game by GN I would venture!! Way to go boys. If your gonna win one that's the one... maybe you could do the same to PAU for us...
Since I'm making up my Christmas list, I WISH WE COULD PLAY! That's the third game delayed in four weeks. What a joke. Probably the best weather we'll get this "winter" and the field is closed? nice

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please, let's keep the politics, government theories, and family/job paragraphs to some other thread than the CAT thread.
I have an idea, how about you create a thread called "Who gives a shite" and argue about it there.
I might even be able to block it from anyone else except Rivermouth and Spoons02 so you can chat there.
Or just PM each other.

For now let's keep it about soccer.

Cheers.

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough. I've said what i wanted to say. I apologive for getting off topic.

As for the games this weekend. has anyone from GN or NDL commented on that game? or does anyone know what happened?

I also agree with Belfast our match was very sportsman like and cleanly played. Thanks guys

JBergen

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for Delta Metro:
1. Why did you wait until the last minute to cancel our game Saturday?
2. Was there really no other fields available out in Ladner?

Pretty weak!

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone explain the big win by GN?

I don't think there's any explanation needed for the DMU field cancellation. The field was horrible when we played on it early in the season and you could tell it would be unplayable the rest of the year. The wack will be hard pressed to hold onto their most games in hand will DMU challenging for that position.

JBergen

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No explanation needed?? If the field was horrible early in the season and since it has been mostly raining for the past couple of weeks, shouldn't they (DMU) figure out a different venue? Instead they wait until Friday to cancel the game??give me a break!
...by the way ...looking forward to the challenge..actually, it would be nice just to play a few games...

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to report in the GN, Lions game. I thought GN wanted it more and deserved the win. GN generated chances, scored on only two, should have been more, where as Lions didnt build anything worth commenting on. We scored 1 middle of the first half, and with 10 to go in the half, a Lion went down and they played with 10 players the rest of the game because they had no subs. Our second goal happened with about 10 to go in the game. We played with our premier sweeper in net, and gazelle was the only other premier player that played, where as Lions had about 6 prem players. We had about 4 u21 players and the rest were all cat players. I think we had about 18 players dressed, and I would have been number 19 if I was allowed to play. I guess Coventry doesnt like me :mad: Good to see some smiles from our cat guys, they deserved the win, especially after the thrashing from Langley.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks as though playing so many minutes is taking it's toll on the ND crew... I expected GN to answer the bell after the calling out they got last week after the no-show in Langley. But handing ND it's second loss in 11 games... that's Huge. Talk about a moral boost.

Now... do us a favour and steal some more points from PAU:)

Coventry

Oct 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Kokanee (bench warmer) pretty much summed up the GN vs NDL game.
They had 11 guys and no subs and one of their guys got hurt and ended up playing with 10. But the bottom line was our guys played there asses off. They wanted the game and unlike the langley game, we had plenty of guys to throw on and give runs too. I tried to use everyone as often as i could. When some of the guys went out there for there two or three 15 to 20 min shifts they went out and ran their asses off cuz trust me from past experiences some of the boyz arent able to go a whole game. So having plenty of subs was a huge factor for us...another huge factor for us was not playing kokanee at all!!
A big positive for us was our D-line who kept it solid and simple at the back. Thankfully there werent too many shots that got through on our "princess" goal keeper (prem sweeper).
Other then that im totally proud of the boyz and they totally deserved this win. Just wanna say thanks to the kind words by cryuff and Big T. Hopefully we can keep gettin turn outs and keep staying in games with some of the other big name teams.
But ya this was a big moral booster and hopefully the boyz build off of it.

CHEERS

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know what to say, we played like shite. GN deserved the win, and as kokanee said, they could have had a few more. There seemed to be no threat of offense by us, other than a few crosses easily handled by kenny. I don't think we even gave him a shot that he had to move for. It didn't help going down a guy in the first half, but only having 11 at the game to start, and struggling to get those 11, isn't the greatest start.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do the "changes and aquisitions" mentioned in the premier thread mean the same for the GN CAT squad? Is this a new look GN team?

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey cryuff and rivermouth, how are the fields in chilli look for this weekend.....they said it was gonna piss for the next few days.....if you guys decide to cancel just post a message on here or PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0