Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results and Banter - November '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coventry

Oct 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the Langley shyt kickin of GN well there isnt much to say but DISAPPOINTMENT. Before sunday i made about 20 phone calls to people to try to get enough guys to the game. And i wanted guys there because i didnt want that crap to happen like it did against langley the first time around.
Out of those 20 or so phone calls i got about 11 people that said they were going to be there plus myself makes 12. 12 players...enough to play a game and some what compete. So heres how it breaks down...as kokanee mentioned we have usually 3 to 4 U-21 players playing with us and three of them are relatives. One of the three said he was going to make it but due to the emergency he didnt end up coming. So down to 10.
Then our U-21 guys are short players and needed guys. So one of our CAT guys was asked to play with them and did play with them because our U-21 team has much better chance of winning the league then us winning CAT..(no brainer) which drops us to 9. One guy was supposed to be there just before game time cuz he was coming straight from his football game and got stuck on hwy 1 due to an accident and didnt show up until about 20 to 25 minutes into the game so that leaves us at 8 to start. And finally another guy was supposed to be there at the start but had a hockey game and on his way from there got jacked in traffic. So he didnt show up until about 30 to 35 min into the game and there is one moron on our team.. he didnt say anything about why he didnt come even though i talked to him the night before to make sure he was gonna be there.
So at the most we had 9 and played with 8 for the last 15 to 20 min due to an injury and the funny thing is i had 12 guys say yes we will be there. If i knew it would of been this pathetic i would of called and cancelled the game.
I dont have much more to say but how disappointed i was and how embarassing it was for the players that were there (for both clubs), our CAT team and our club as a whole. Just wanted to thank langley and the referee for being curteous enough to give us those extra minutes to get some guys.
Its unfortunate that this is how things unfolded. If only our U-21 game was on saturday or if so and so didnt get injured..there can be a lot of what if's here but im not tryin to make excuses. The bottom line is we fcked up and we pay for it by humiliating ourselves infront of the league.
Once again i apologize and i hope that this kind of crap doesnt happen again. And DUDE for the record...all the players there we registered CAT players.. not random guys we found in the boony's, even though some didnt even know what they were doing.

PINTS all around..(kokanee covering ofcourse).

Pinturicchio

Dec 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rivermouth,
I heard that the league will overturn a result if a bench warmer disputes the win as "ugly". Good luck with that, keep us all up to date, we all really care.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth, not new I am the reason there are P.A.U teams still playing soccer,football or futty in the White Rock area but thanks anyways. Wow you where at the prem game good for you ... all bow to the all mighty Rivermouth his excerpt must be correct then. Good Game, Cheers

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pinturicchio said:
Hey Rivermouth,
I heard that the league will overturn a result if a bench warmer disputes the win as "ugly". Good luck with that, keep us all up to date, we all really care.
And caring, is what it's all about! Good on ya! I KNEW you were the caring sort! You've revived my faith in humanity!!!

Hahahaha

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Rivermouth, not new I am the reason there are P.A.U teams still playing soccer,football or futty in the White Rock area but thanks anyways. Wow you where at the prem game good for you ... all bow to the all mighty Rivermouth his excerpt must be correct then. Good Game, Cheers
Admission is the first step in a 12 step recovery program: I'de say you've just taken the first step. Good on ya!

Hahaha

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you still won, fair and square. No arguments there. Whatever.

Anyone who has contributed as much to soccer as you say you have, can't be all that bad. I retract my earlier insinuations that cast aspersions on your character, and on your memory. If you were one of the lads who quaffed the holy brew after the Friday game, then you definitely can't be all that bad.

Still, the goal was flukey, but it sure WAS nice.

;)

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
Your guys won, so all Props to you, but stated another way, Chilli hasn't practiced in the past 2 weeks due to field closures, and a lack of indoor practice facilities in the city, so they were a bit cold out of the gate. Basically, the Rapids struggled because of a lack of practice, which resulted in a scramble goal, during the dying minutes, made by a guy who should have been better marked, and a richochet off of a defenders (and/or any one of the about 10 other individual's) legs, and into the net. In short, the Rapids gave the game away.

However you look at it though, the Rapids lost and PAU won. Lucky PAU.

As for "taking the initiative to practice by yourself": okay, point made, but you're well aware that this is much easier said, than done, particularly if you are a young lad who thinks he's indestructible and doesn't need to practice as much. In that regard, I'm sure the individual lads on the Chilli squad have learned their lessons about that issue, and will be better prepared next time, against their remaining challengers.
I guess a few differences between the Wack and PAU are...

1) PAU Cat practices and the Wack obviously doesn't
2) If the Cat team cancels a practice, every single player knows they are welcome at the Premier Practice, same time same place

I'm pretty sure your Prem Team has been practicing...so are you guys a club and a development squad or are you just there to fill the void?

Being a club isn't just about one team, it's about the club. PAU knows it and the only reasons the Cats wouldn't show up to our practice would be either work, injury or their lazy. Guess what, they show up so it's not laziness. That's why they are the best div 1 team around and that's why they won this weekend.

Questions:

1) Were you guys too lazy to go practice with the Prem team?
2) Were you not invited (allowed) to practive with the Prem team?
3) If so are you really a club or just two teams?

Forget the questions, I just don't care...instead of spending the time responding to this post, go for a run, it may help in the last minutes of next week's game. :eek: :wa: :wa:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
in true club spirit both the premier team and the cat team practice together, at the same time, on the same field. this way the coach can get a good look at all club players and take his pick for premier each week.
we don't have the 'luxury' of a turf field out our way so, you see, if a practice gets cancelled we're all on our own.

never doubt the integrity of the chilliwack rapids club

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
in true club spirit both the premier team and the cat team practice together, at the same time, on the same field. this way the coach can get a good look at all club players and take his pick for premier each week.
we don't have the 'luxury' of a turf field out our way so, you see, if a practice gets cancelled we're all on our own.

never doubt the integrity of the chilliwack rapids club

I told you I DON'T CARE...and shouldn't you be running right now? :wa: :wa: :wa:

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Dragon said:
I guess a few differences between the Wack and PAU are...

1) PAU Cat practices and the Wack obviously doesn't
2) If the Cat team cancels a practice, every single player knows they are welcome at the Premier Practice, same time same place

I'm pretty sure your Prem Team has been practicing...so are you guys a club and a development squad or are you just there to fill the void?

Being a club isn't just about one team, it's about the club. PAU knows it and the only reasons the Cats wouldn't show up to our practice would be either work, injury or their lazy. Guess what, they show up so it's not laziness. That's why they are the best div 1 team around and that's why they won this weekend.

Questions:

1) Were you guys too lazy to go practice with the Prem team?
2) Were you not invited (allowed) to practive with the Prem team?
3) If so are you really a club or just two teams?

Forget the questions, I just don't care...instead of spending the time responding to this post, go for a run, it may help in the last minutes of next week's game. :eek: :wa: :wa:

Forget the questions because they are stupid? or just cause that was your way of being cool...? oh wait, there are no stupid questions just stupid people. obviosuly you care a little bit to ramble on like that. :) it warms my heart.

funny you should mention it, we NEVER practice... neither do the premier boys. we just walk out on the field and have some fun :rolleyes: . kinda crazy how we have winning records eh? especially since they beat you... and if not for the one in a million shot by your resident miracle man, we might have swept our season series...
But i'll tell ya what... if we DO go for a run i'll let you know so that you can send rooney out since he's so sensitive about his weight. k?
great.
that way he can maintain peak phsyical condition, and we can catch a tip or two on how to score some prostyle goals. it'll work out perfect.
just be careful you don't let Roger fatten him up at too many team dinners!

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
But i'll tell ya what... if we DO go for a run i'll let you know so that you can send rooney out since he's so sensitive about his weight. k?
great.
that way he can maintain peak phsyical condition, and we can catch a tip or two on how to score some prostyle goals. it'll work out perfect.
just be careful you don't let Roger fatten him up at too many team dinners!

Who the fcuk is Roger? Maybe you should skip the team dietician and get a couple fitness trainers instead. I thought our jolly irishman already showed you how to strike goals during the game? Don't know how he'd do on the runs you guys need - has something to do with knees. But guess what - he lets those crackers go weekly at practise and games :D

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
funny you should mention it, we NEVER practice... neither do the premier boys. we just walk out on the field and have some fun :rolleyes: . kinda crazy how we have winning records eh?

I guess 6th place isn't bad...for a bunch of muppets...hey look on the bright side of things...your in first place for the bottom half of the standings :eek: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Rogerdodger out!!!

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FTM said:
Who the fcuk is Roger? Maybe you should skip the team dietician and get a couple fitness trainers instead. I thought our jolly irishman already showed you how to strike goals during the game? Don't know how he'd do on the runs you guys need - has something to do with knees. But guess what - he lets those crackers go weekly at practise and games :D

1. Roger is Cory's dad.
2. Figures that his knees are hurting.
3. Don't lie to me, he'd never let a cracker go. They probably barely make it out of the package.

The Swiss Miss said:
I guess 6th place isn't bad...for a bunch of muppets...hey look on the bright side of things...your in first place for the bottom half of the standings

Muppets... THAT's who Belfast reminds me of! Fozzie Bear! :D
... same hair cut... same sorta shape... and is also almost funny. :wa:
Or maybe a Doozer... just supersized.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff, how did I make it into your rebuttle? all you should be worrying about is how are you going to win the P.D.D seeing how you have stated you are the team to beat. Seeing that is out of your hands being a "bench" player get over it you will never get that game back. Get on with whatever it is you do in the Wack now that you have so much time on your hands not being able to train and all. Always good for excuses the remainder of the year and we could of........ if only we.........!! Good luck. Cheers

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast, you made the rebuttle because everyone is talking bout your mad skills. :D Apparently you let shots like that Rocket on Sunday go often! I was in the mall today(yes we have a mall) and I over heard some kids trying to find your jersey at sport check... I told them they only carry high end stuff like that at specialty stores. ;)
Why would I worry about winning the P.D.D.? What's the worry? Don't you think we're the team to beat? You guys were hootin and hollarin like someone was trying to pull the horse-shoe out your ass after our match. It coulda been that you finally got to get outta your kit, smack some bare behinds and excercise some of that team spirit we all hear about. But I'm thinking you knew you escaped!
Anyways... I have to go. My "Dietician" is here :rolleyes:
wankers

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahahaha. reading these replies is some of the funniest stuff i have ever read. So much talk about who's good and who's not. All i have to say is prove it on the field. Then you can come back here and bash the losers. So much dwelling on past events. well i guess there isnt much else to do in the wack. so the grass fields are closed. ever heard of gravel. or going for a team road run. or maybe renting out a gymnasium. Just a thought.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoons02 said:
Hahahahaha. reading these replies is some of the funniest stuff i have ever read. So much talk about who's good and who's not. All i have to say is prove it on the field. Then you can come back here and bash the losers. So much dwelling on past events. well i guess there isnt much else to do in the wack. so the grass fields are closed. ever heard of gravel. or going for a team road run. or maybe renting out a gymnasium. Just a thought.
Spoon and Swiss Miss:

Listen: first off, Unlike you city poncers, Chilliwack is made up of hard working, "get-your-hands-blistered-and-dirty-working-your-to-feed-your-family-without-taking-government-handouts", type individuals who take pride in toiling away, earning next to nothing, while trying to better themselves. As a result, we don't have the kind of money that you wang slappers have, to build million dollar artificial turf fields. A most definite luxury.

Most of our citizens are farmers, and proud, hard-working, blue coller folks. Our community provides most of you guys with the food you eat (sorry, correction: you citified guys eat sh*t, so that would be provided by the cows we farmers work with, my apologies). Frankly, you should be thanking us, instead of trying to insult us about our inadequate winter-field situation. We don't have dirt fields, and all of our school gymnasiums are booked up by the youth teams, who get first dibs when the district closes the fields down. We don't want to destroy our Game field (for obvious reasons), so this dilemma has been a real sore point for our club this year.

However, DESPITE this years difficulty in getting indoor facilities, the Rapids are still slapping teams like yours around. *mock shock expression* Shocking! How is that possible without a talented squad of dedicated players?!

Secondly, the CAT squad is also 2 (and after this week, 3) games in hand, so your fixation on the total number of points is a little bit misleading.

Finally, Spoon, your assertion to "prove it on the field" is well stated. The Rapids have, and will continue to do so. Remember, this year, the CAT squads also get to vye for the Pakenham, as well as for the Provincials. That's when the REAL season begins. The Rapids will see ya all then.

Cheers!

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth, although I am not involved in the banter, I have to chime in as this is where I have poked fun at Chilliwack as you guys think and already have included the games in hand as points. No matter what happens if the season ends on Sunday that is where the points fall, good or bad, so to say we have games in hand who gives a rats ass. Fcuk if only blah blah blah we would of won this thing if only..... tell that to GEU (which is one of your games in hand) that the games in hand are points. Get over yourselves already,at the end of the season the team who finishes with the most points wins, not the team who has the most games in hand. Cheers

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for shits and giggles. Points and standings if we where all in a perfect world (that is games in hand are points)
P.A.U 27
Lions 24
LUFC 23
Chilli 23
G.E.U 21
Whalley 19
Poco 18
DMU 17
Sikh 7
GN 6

Rivermouth does that help at all, you guys are in third go tell all your friends !!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what Belfast is trying to say is that playing the games actually counts for something. Look at that...we agree twice in one week. Wait, just saw a flying pig...

Poco v.s Langley: 1-0 for Langley. Have to say, I don't understand why these guys sit where they do in the standings. Aside from the game we played PAU, I rate the two against Poco as our two toughest. Not to take anything away from Chilli, who beat us on a lucky goal that was an intended cross, but the Poco matches were more competitive, and we weren't comfortable until the whistle blew. Lots of skill and experience. Nice to take 6 from them- good riddance.

Big match next week vs. PAU...we'll need to be at our best, and so will they. Looking forward to it.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 4 - SUFC 0

We started off well for the first 15 - 20....got one chance on a breakaway which their keeps made an outstanding play on...... but it was down hill after that for us.....PAU majority of the chances in the first but couldn't bury one.....half ended 0- 0.....second half they came out hard and scored 3 in 10 minutes.

Shocker of the day GN beat Lions....WTF is what I told kokanee when he called me ......I didn't believe it until it got posted on fvsl. :eek:

Well done GN, you bastards must have actually played the Lions CAT team. :wa: :wa: oh balle balle :wa: :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0