Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results and Banter - November '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we knocked off ND Lions this weekend i thought it would be an appopriate time to start a new thread off with it.
Actually it's just a new month so that's the real reason why.

Post away.
Here's a topic.

Will GEU go undefeated for the rest of the season?

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope.

They still have to play the Rapids.

However, if the weather gets completely sh*t*y and the Rapids suffer a reduction in the number of lads coming out to practices or games (which happens to lots of clubs this time of year, but seems to be a particlar plague that effects the boys from the Wack during late November, early December and January) then, you never know. But my spies tell me that the Rapids Cat side have their sh*t together this season, so they don't anticipate a "lack of committment" to be a problem, particularly since many of the guys are trying to get their crack at starting in a Premier side game.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Since we knocked off ND Lions this weekend i thought it would be an appopriate time to start a new thread off with it.
Actually it's just a new month so that's the real reason why.

Post away.
Here's a topic.

Will GEU go undefeated for the rest of the season?

I don't think so Yoda... :p Little premature there buddy you just came off winning one game... :rolleyes:

Hats off to your squad as you guys came out flying and simply wanted it more then our young lads. The kick and run style works well against young defenders as they panic and clear the ball back to your defense instead of settling the ball down and using the mid-field. The youth of our CAT boyz came out in full effect on Sunday and once they realized that keeping the ball on the ground would be of benefit the match evened itself out. I wouldn't say it was because you guys got tired as you had alot more subs then we did.
5 more minutes and it would have been a tie as I'm sure i was about to be taken down in the box or near it as i was getting kicked around as if i was the ball. I have never seen so many advantages calls in twenty minutes of soccer. :rolleyes:

You guys got a good group of young guys but their boots are way too sticky perhaps PASSING drills may need to be the focus of next training session. ;) You will be in tough against Chilli as they play a similar kick run style. Can't wait until you guys come out to Delta :cool:

Knight Rhider enjoys playing in two leagues :bronco:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sticky feet indeed. I let some of our guys know that a pass would have been a better idea than a shot or to carry.
Their the young guys that were able to carry the ball in college and will now find out that won't happen so much here.

I agree 10 more minutes in that game would have probably meant a tie or worse.
For some reason we forgot to mark up in the last 10. Doesn't help when you guys have 4-5 guys at 6ft+ and we average about 5ft9 at best.

Next week we'll be putting Chilly in their place.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game on sunday, someone owes me a beer for giving you guys the first goal (just thought i'd make it interesting :rolleyes: )

Good job by the ref yesterday, and even better hearing his take on the game.

Yes, when our player tried to piggy back your keeper, it was not the best decision, but from where i was, it did look like he ways trying to avoid hitting him as much as possible, as a few of us said after the game, that could have been much worse than it was

Yoda, or anyone from geu, where did the college players come from? I'm guessing UCFV or possibly Trinity, just curious as i know that Douglas is going to nationals next week, so they haven't released their players yet

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joely,
4 guys from UCFV and we have 1 still to come from Douglas whenever their done.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am one of the collage players who came from UCFV to GEU there was a total of 5 of us who came. And when douglas gets back from nationals we will add at least one more. And to everyone who didn't see the game a 3-2 score doesnt reflect the game, it was 3-0 with 10 minutes left and we hit like 3 posts, sorry delta but we raped you!
And to back up what Yoda said we wont drop another game all year and i think if we get lucky we could still win this league. But if we cant take the league we will be gunning for playoffs so, watch yourself.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trash talk???

Big T said:
Bench warming in Premier doesn't count as playing dipshit. :p :knvb:

Who you calling dipshit? I'll be warming the bench after 43minutes this friday when we go up 5-0 on your div 2 squad so little T lick my BIG ballz....Nice to see you throw your two cents in there Arryobunk but grown folk are conversing bite your tongue until puberty. :eek:

What's wrong Big T did LFC get you all worked up now you are attempting to come for me? I'm worried... :rolleyes: Careful where you tread as I'd love to use your leg for kicking practice.

Knight Rhider shocked by Big T talkin shite like he can play... :eek:

ND rules! :knvb:

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVcascade said:
I am one of the collage players who came from UCFV to GEU there was a total of 5 of us who came.
And to everyone who didn't see the game a 3-2 score doesnt reflect the game, it was 3-0 with 10 minutes left and we hit like 3 posts, sorry delta but we raped you!
And to back up what Yoda said we wont drop another game all year and i think if we get lucky we could still win this league. But if we cant take the league we will be gunning for playoffs so, watch yourself.

I think the confidence of GEU is very cute, you guys are adorable. I mean you did beat us, so obviously that means you can not be defeated i mean it was US... :rolleyes:
Your raping was cut short by a near comeback my friend. Although I am happy to see that you added some collage players, as teams with variety and colour tend to be more successful, i'l donate some magazines if you guys need some. :rolleyes:
I'm willing to bet that the unstoppable feeling is not the only thing that is happening prematurely in GEU. :p

Apr 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would just like to say nice banter boyz good to see the intensity is still there. Just to comment on the game ... First off, I was not trying to go for the DDT on the goalie I was driving to the net and the goalie challenged me, I saved him from getting raped from my knee to his face. It may have looked bad but i merely jumped over him.I thought the ref did an excellent job I wish there more like him.I'm just glad cooler heads prevailed and i thought both sides played a solid game. GEU for 75 minutes :mad: ND for 15 :D . cant wait to see u guys in ND later in the year. Cheers.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Secret Weapon glad to hear that wasnt intentional, im sure you can understand how it looked to everyone standing behind you. We'll see you down the road im sure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what kind of players is the collage system producing these days? Better than the scholars, I hope.

Hooked on phonics,

Dude.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ScotlandsSecretWeapon said:
I was not trying to go for the DDT on the goalie I was driving to the net and the goalie challenged me, I saved him from getting raped from my knee to his face. It may have looked bad but i merely jumped over him..
Thank you secret weapon you're right it was definately my fault I don't know why I stood there with the ball in my hands as you came in and ran me over? What was I thinking I should of moved and let you run right into the netting. :rolleyes: And Langley players wondered why I held my ground against their CAT team last year when I think it was Corporate Inquest came flying in on me. It's definately a tough position to be in for both keeper and a forward. Both are making split second decisions and whether right or wrong need to follow thru with the choice made.I myself preferred to be in the forwards shoes a few years back although took the odd beating when something happened like what Secret weapon did. No harm done just don't bitch to me when I accidently step into you next time. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results and Standings Week 8

Here's this weeks results:

Chilliwack Rapids X PoCo City Dominion X
Delta Metro United X Langley United FC X
GEU Ultra 3 North Delta Lions 2
GN Sporting Club 1 Peace Arch Utd. 3
Whalley Rangers 4 SUFC Lions 3

GEU knocks off the North Delta as expected
Sikh's score 3 goals in 1 game.(Big T must have been on his game)

Unofficial Standings:

# Team PTS
1 North Delta Lions 17
2 Peace Arch United 15
3 Chilliwack Rapids 14
4 Whalley Rangers 14
5 LUFC United 13
6 GEU Ultra 12
7 DMU United 11
8 PoCo City Dominion 9
9 Sikh United Lions 1
10 GN Sporting Club 0

Only 3 points seperates 6th and 2nd. A few more cacelled games and GEU could be in second in no time! :D

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth, at least the Secret Weapon wasn't tossin bottles at you, I know you've taken worse beating then that in the last few weeks!

Just be ready for this weekend big guy!

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade when do you plan on making your return to the pitch if you haven’t already?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's funny that the GEU guys on here are all tough talking now that the starting players are out for them... that's a good motivator for me. To push you below .500 and end your run... is beating the ND premier squad on sunday something to boast about? I think it had more to do with the previous weeks of getting battered and run by the rest of us finally catching up to them... lucky for you. I'd say that's more timing than GEU hitting their stride. Yea I DO think we're hot shite... we've spent the last couple seasons steadily improving and moving up the table. Yea you are good... but this is a game you'd better get up for. Is this going to be your turn to get washed down stream? The water's rising and it's looking more and more like you can't swim. ;)

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought that the Delta Metro crew was awaiting returns to their lineup due in november... have they arrived already or how long until these new players show up? How much of a difference will this make to their lineup, or more importantly their ability to start winning again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0