Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Maybe

The uncertainty of me coming out depends solely on my job status come mid-September. Until then when is our first kick around for the fall season going to be?

Good to see you out Oscar!! Milhouse how was the party at Jen's?

Listen to Balsa he is wise beyond his years. Lions I haven't seen many of your games in the past but I've heard the same concerning talks about your team going Premier and so good luck with that.

Rocco you do more than oranges buddy...pass me a beer would ya. ;)

Here's hoping to weekends off and beer in the cooler:)

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
I guess we will be the rangers of div 2.

The Rangers of Div. 2? Yes...sounds an awful lof like Vanilla Ice when he said he would do for white rappers what Elvis did for rock n' roll...

"no dice, baby.... bum, bum, bum ba di bum bum." Come on Lucy...you got some esplaining to do!

Oscar the Music Buff

P.S. This may be as close as I come to complimenting those bastard Rangers!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Mr. Maybe

Originally posted by halfvolley
The uncertainty of me coming out depends solely on my job status come mid-September. Until then when is our first kick around for the fall season going to be?

Good to see you out Oscar!! Milhouse how was the party at Jen's?

Listen to Balsa he is wise beyond his years. Lions I haven't seen many of your games in the past but I've heard the same concerning talks about your team going Premier and so good luck with that.

Rocco you do more than oranges buddy...pass me a beer would ya. ;)

Here's hoping to weekends off and beer in the cooler:)

Halfempty, this post looks more like a love letter to your long lost pals from a Euro back packing experience from 1989!!!
"Love you Oscar"
"Balsa I've missed our nights under the Greek stars"
"Milhouse, are you and Jens still together after all these years?"
Rocco, you do more than cook sweetheart, you can clean too!"
"Here's hoping we all meet up again soon"

Funny as fcuk, why not just PM your boytoys???:rolleyes:

Just a thought, Guinness;)

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming out?

Oh Milhouse, you are a disturber. I saw the comment in Halfvolley's post and thought to respond as it appeared to be a hanging curve right over the plate. How long till we hear from Cartdriver now that he has been indirectly "outed" himself. Of course, " not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Oscar

Guinness....he did pm all of us....but they were all blocked.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming out?

Oh Milhouse, you are a disturber. I saw the comment in Halfvolley's post and thought to respond as it appeared to be a hanging curve right over the plate. How long till we hear from Cartdriver now that he has been indirectly "outed" himself? Of course, " not that there's anything wrong with that."

Guinness....he did pm all of us....but the messages were all blocked .

Crafty....thanks for the kind words...have you hired a ghost writer because some of your posts are beginning to make sense.

Oscar the Social Liberal

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Coming out?

Originally posted by Oscar Goldman
Crafty....thanks for the kind words...have you hired a ghost writer because some of your posts are beginning to make sense.

Oscar the Social Liberal

Thanks to you, the referal you gave me for a anger management therapist has really worked out. The medication has made me more docile and I am actually becoming a nice person. Milhouse and I have actually become good friends and my dart game has improved.

How can I ever thank you enough,

Your humble servant

The Crafty Cokcney

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions et all

Santo's, Lion, Cheddar et all. Just to make you guys feel better I don't think that the Storm would have a chance in Premier either.

You earn your way or don't go.

Can't wait for the debates to start in the garden this weekend.

Cheers.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa,
What team would make it in Premier then?

AGAIN!
WHAT OTHER TEAM SHOULD HAVE GOT IT??!!?!!

Why isn't anyone bitching about Aldergrove getting the promo!
huh!
Y'ALL GOT HATE IN YOUR BLOOD!:D

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there's any blocking...

The only hanging curve would be the endless summer nights Oscar spends dreaming up plays in the classroom, chalking his hands hoping to lift his team to victory single handedly. ;)

Guinness whoever you are, needs a warm disgusting pint of "envy". Here's hoping you get a PM one day.

There's no "I' in team...right?

:rolleyes:

When's practice?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION
Balsa,

AGAIN!

Just a thought, but maybe Poco City United who finished second to the Rangers in Div 1 last season :rolleyes:

Just think Lion, if you guys would of stayed with us and with the new league rule regarding more than one team per club in Premier, you guys would be there without all this " BAD BLOOD "..;)

Cheers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally I think the Lions will do fine in Premier.
If they get everyone out at the same time they are a very good team.

Crafty:
Good point though.
Not bad for a guy who eats jellied eel sandwiches. :D

PoCo for sure if they combined their CAT and Div. 1 team could EASILY compete in Premier.

In that,

Come on Rangers. ;)

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION
Balsa,

AGAIN!

Why isn't anyone bitching about Aldergrove getting the promo!
huh!
Y'ALL GOT HATE IN YOUR BLOOD!:D

Quit your cryin' LION! Why did any team have to be promoted? Is the league trying to secure a lucrative TV contract by having a larger footprint on the market? Yes, a ten team league is more attractive for many reasons but at the expense of the league's credibility? I'm sure that the Lions will fare respectably in premier...but that doesn't really matter. I'm sure that I could climb to the top of any mountain in the world if you airlifted me to within a few yards of its peak. The challenge lies in the journey not the destination. The Lions have taken a shortcut and their abbreviated (and meandering) route has left them unprepared for the competition that awaits. Last year's "cat" experience was essentially a step back for your team as there were very few challenges in that division. Having said that, you still stumbled and struggled at times particularly when some key players were absent.

I will be watching the progress of the Lions closely and supporting them in person whenever I can. I can't wait to see how the "lone striker" system works in Premier. "Run Kevan....Run Corrado....hold the ball, we'll be up there in a moment..."

As a show of support, we may be able to cut.....er, um....lend some veteran talent from the Highlander squad that could provide additional leadership in the room.

Oscar the Ruminator

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No crying, you know me, G!
Just a lot of whinin' (on the park)
I am sure there is many Vets on the Highlanders that would love to be on loan to the Lions, but I think we already took the ones we wanted. You can keep the rest of em'.

Crafty, thanks for answering the question.
No "bad blood" here though, but it is going to make for a great Delta- Delta match up. :D

Oscar,
" don't hate the player, hate the game "
:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Available at Chapters & Amazon.com

That's good stuff Ranger.

Hey, if the young Lions remember that effort is but a solo performance that only they can control, they should be just fine. Then, and only then, will we find out if they are part of the steamroller, or part of the pavement. But you know, I do see their point: you’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Inspirational,

Dude.;)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions

I've just caught up on a the chat over the past few weeks, and figured i'd throw a few comments in:

a. we know premier is tough, probably tougher than we even think, but apparently the league, and a few others think we can compete, so why all the talk about us getting slammed in premier, can't we wait for the season to see what happens

b. we all know there are going to have to be a few changes to the team to keep it competive every game, especially that we have a few college players which won't be available till november sometime, but as i said we expected this and should be fine, as well, we are all looking forward to the challenge of playing competively in every game we play, which is something we haven't gotten over the last few years with the lower teams in both div.1 and cat

c. to those who haven't seen any of our games over the last year, or very few, and are commenting on the team, hope to see u out for a few this year, alot of the guys have stepped it up big time, much of this due to players leaving for work, school, or concussions, as well we have picked up a few players which has only strengthened our core

d. to comment on the way we got to premier, if other teams were given the chance to take the jumps that were given when they were starting out, would they not have taken them? sure we could have played div.4 last year, but two things would have happened: i. the team would have split up and possibily never come back together or ii. stuck it out, and be in the position we are at now in 5 or 6 years. Personally i think we have been given some great opportunities, and as long as we take advantage of them, were deserving of them

e. "Bad Blood"... come on, obviously there were differences over the last few years, but the majority of the lions have played for north delta their whole lives, why change that, it was only time before North Delta Youth Soccer Association becomes North Delta Soccer Association, which includes youth and adult, and from what I hear possibly womens soccer in time, on top of that, before the lions and a few other teams moved back to north delta, there was no real destination for us to go to, most guys don't play anymore, and the others are scattered around the Valley and a few in Vancouver, with the (i believe) 2 u-21 teams, and the div.4, div.2, and now premier teams, it gives the youth players a place to play right out of u-18, so for a few people to say we are selfish, and only switched to try to play premier (cause when we did it, there was only ONE allowed from each club) is ignorant, i've got little brothers that can now play in north delta when they are old enough, and it gives all of the youth something to watch and strive for

In conclusion, sorry bout that last bit got a little preachy, anyway, thanx for the support from the few, hope we can prove ourselves worthy of the spot this season, kamloops is gonna kick ass, and Go Lions Go

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0