Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh United FC

Sikh United will be holding tryouts for their Div 2, Div 3 and U-21 teams starting Tues 7 pm @ newton # 2. We are looking for some quality players to play up front and in the midfield. For more info PM me.

Our club will be fielding 4 teams this year and are looking for committed players to make a push for a premier spot in FVSL. Of course we intend to earn it. ;)

As for the Lions - I think they are a good side and I do believe that they could be good for the league, but they should have gone through the lower divisions first. The same rules should have applied for every one. The league should have offered the Premier spots to Div 1 teams in the order of the league standings.

It is also BS to give the Storm a Div 1 spot, I think that spot should have been ours. I know there is some history with the league screwing the storm but there is no way you should circumvent the rules as u see fit. Everytime we talked to the league they told us no way a CAT team will be allowed to move over to Div 1 or Premier......fukc we would have been GN's CAT team 2 years ago if the league was gonna pull this shite. Telling us one thing and pulling this crap is what ticks alot of people off about FVSL. :mad:

Big T:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T: one big flaw in your logic...the Storm finished 3rd in the 1st division two years ago, before they were moved over to Cat. They came very close to finishing 2nd that season. SUFC on the other hand did not earn promotion to div. 1 last year; I think you placed third. They deserve to be back there, you guys don't (yet).

No, the Storm have earned everything they've gotten, and can never be accused of accepting freebies.

I will say this- if you don't earn promotion to 1st this year, there's something wrong.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
Big T: one big flaw in your logic...the Storm finished 3rd in the 1st division two years ago, before they were moved over to Cat. They came very close to finishing 2nd that season. SUFC on the other hand did not earn promotion to div. 1 last year; I think you placed third. They deserve to be back there, you guys don't (yet).

No, the Storm have earned everything they've gotten, and can never be accused of accepting freebies.

I will say this- if you don't earn promotion to 1st this year, there's something wrong.

Dude - like I said in my post I knew there is some history of the league screwing the Storm....I don't know all the details so maybe you can fill me in....why did they move to CAT ?? who was their parent team ?? Now if they made a choice to move and were they aware that the league would allow them to return to div 1.....or did the league give them a get out of "CAT" free card ???;)

I don't think i meant to say that they don't deserve it but I was asking why the league changes its stances on CAT teams moving back and forth between the CAT and higher divs.......as for us deserving to be in Div 1....I don't think we want to be there if we don't earn it.....however if a spot were to open in Div 1 then it should logically fall to the Div 2 team that finished in 3rd. If its going to be open for tender then let all the teams know how spots will be allocated.

PS - Yeah we'll make good run at it this year....some teeny bopper ref screwed us last year.....:mad:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion

So what you guys are saying is that if your team that played in Div 1 or CAT got a chance to play premier without winning that league you would turn it down because it's not the standard way of getting in? This is no ones fault but the leagues and maybe there the ones that should be getting emails if this topic really is hurting some people.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth - I agree this is a league problem and not the fault of the Storm....I guess the problem I have is that the league tells teams different things.

Yeah we would take a spot in Div 1 if it was offered to us.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T,

I'll just give you a brief history on the Storm...

They were part of SFC two seasons ago when they played in the 1st division. They had earned promotion out of 2nd the previous season. They had a pretty good season and finished 3rd in the 1st. That's the year the Rangers played in the Cat, and won the Pak. Last season, the league changed the rules, not allowing Cat teams to play in the Pak. The club made the decision to switch the Rangers and Storm to allow the Rangers to defend their Pak title. The Storm objected, and the falling out had them eventually leaving the club. They made an application to be placed in the 1st under the Whaley Storm name, but for whatever reason were denied entry, and offered a spot in the Cat league.

Anyhow, there is a lot of history written about it here, this time last year. Good reading. Point is, the Storm deserve to be there, SUFC doesn't. Weather the league is now fixing a mistake they made last season is a moot point now.

I agree- there seems to be a problem the league and it's "policies". A lot of the decisions seem to be made in back-room deals...or at least, that's how it was in the past. As far as decisions this year goes, I like most of them. They needed another premier team, and I think the Lions were a good choice. I'm still baffled by Aldergrove, though. Yeah they have a long history in the league, but they weren't exactly a powerhouse in 1st last year.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion debate

One thing Dude:
The Storm were offered the Surrey FC Premier spot (on late notice mind you) the year we moved over to Div. 1.

Also, The Storm arguably could be the best team out of all teams mentioned here.

As much as it doesn't seem fair to some, the Storm have to be considered favourites to finish in 2nd place in Div. 1 this year. :D :rolleyes:
They are definitely worthy.

What they should have done, as I've said before, is come home and taken our Premier spot.
Problem solved.

Door's still open boys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what you guys are saying is that if your team that played in Div 1 or CAT got a chance to play premier without winning that league you would turn it down because it's not the standard way of getting in?

Oddly enough, that's how the whole PROMOTION thing works. It's a funny ol' gaime....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger- I wasn't aware of that. I heard rumblings, but whatever. Moot now.

You make a good point- I'd say the Rangers, then Lions, then Storm were the three best teams not playing in Premier last year. Actually, you should probably throw Poco (either 1st or Cat) in that mix too.

As a related sidebar...apparently Aldegrove is getting their asses handed to them in the Knights league. Haven't been following that myself, but it seems that you need to be competitive in the Knights in order to stand a chance of being competitive in Premier.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
As a related sidebar...apparently Aldegrove is getting their asses handed to them in the Knights league.

So's Peace Arch, but who's counting?

:wa:

Just kidding, but Aldergrove was OK in this league.
They were in the top 4 for the first couple of months.
They're a bit younger than the winter side and seriously looking good.
If they add one or two players to that mix and have some of their guys return for winter, they will add to the league.
They DO need to add one or two players though or they will have their problems in Premier.
I think this summer has been the best the Knight League has produced in years.
I rate it as No. 2 to the PCL - Honestly.
I'm talking every team was quality with the exception of GN who obviously are missing by the looks of things 6 or 7 of their best players.
And we're talking fcuking GN here - A bona fide Premier team now.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Respond?

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Oddly enough, that's how the whole PROMOTION thing works. It's a funny ol' gaime....
I think we've established this captain but that was not my question

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumors !!!!

Here is a good one I just heard !

The Rangers are not going into the Premier division & the MF guys are not coming now ! Is there any truth to this rumor ? (Coach ,Rangerforever, Next to God ) Heard now theres 1 more Premier spot open again ? Are the Storm going to put there name in again for it now ! All I can say if this is true it's a joke ! The Rangers are still in Div 1. Big disapointment for the Premier Div it would have made the Premier Div alot stronger with the Rangers in Premier!

Cheers

Rex:)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rumors !!!!

Originally posted by Rex
Here is a good one I just heard !

The Rangers are not going into the Premier division & the MF guys are not coming now !

If thats true that is a blow for FVSL Premier.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Rex said, the MF guys have backed out so the Rangers in Premier "experiment" is now dead supposedly... perhaps you guys can get the Dewdney Dudes to fil the Premier spot :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost as lame as Alouette pulling out last year, and running back to div. 1 with their tail between their legs.

Being so new here:rolleyes:, Rex, what did you think of that? What do you think of a manager that would do that? At least the Rangers weren't already IN Premier, and had decided to pull out.

Too bad. The Rangers in Premier would have been great. I sincerely hope they have a plan "B", and can do it anyhow.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This news makes me really unhappy.:mad:
I was really looking forward to playing the Rangers this year.
It made the premier league that much better with them in it.
I hope this isn't true.
They would still be fine without the Metro Ford guys. They won div.1 without them.

I will wake up tomorrow and see this was all a hoax,
right guys? :confused:

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rumors !!!!

Originally posted by Rex
Big disapointment for the Premier Div it would have made the Premier Div alot stronger with the Rangers in Premier!

Cheers

Rex:)

Say Premier one more time

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0