Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2004: Post match analysis

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHOA!!! Some Wop Haters in the house... I'd have to agree, some pretty $hitty stuff there... Form the Euro site. http://www.euro2004.com/News/Kind=1/newsId=194049.html

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Italy forward Francesco Totti for gross unsporting conduct, after he spat at Denmark midfield player Christian Poulsen during the sides' goalless draw on Monday.
Decision tomorrow
Totti has until midnight tonight to submit a statement to UEFA's control and disciplinary body, which will notify the Italian Football Federation of its decision tomorrow morning. According to UEFA's disciplinary provisions, spitting could be construed as an act of assault, which may earn Totti a three-match ban subject to exonerating factors.

Statement
A UEFA statement said: "We have instigated disciplinary proceedings against Francesco Totti for gross unsporting conduct, notably a spitting offence against the Danish player Poulsen. The player can submit his statement until midnight tonight. The decision will be taken tomorrow morning and should be notified to the Italian team at around 10-10.30."

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did officials catch Totti on a video replay or did the ref/linesmen see it first hand? I ask this because of the Russian keeper incident today. If the Totti suspension comes after the fact, perhaps the Russian goalie's performance should be reviewed as well.

Not that it makes any major difference in the long run . . .

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps,

Apparently it was Dannish TV who caught Totti spitting at the player!

tsn.ca has the link!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSN just showed it about 13 times in a row on SportsCentre or whatever they call the highlite show with that donkey Darren Dutyshen (sp? - fcuk it doesn't matter, he's an idiot).

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though the Russians are probably one of the poorest teams in the tournament, they certainly haven't been given any breaks. 6 yellow cards in the first game and 1 red(only 2 of them were deserved) and then a diabolical call by the ref to send the keeper off just before the half. His hand NEVER touched the ball but the ref thought it did from his angle. Weak. Obviously, they weren't coming back at that point but it seems everyone thinks they're the USSR and going against them. Somehow the Germans are the bottom of this conspiracy........

I can't comment on any of Spain/Greece game as I didn't see it.....

Captain

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totti gone for three.

Italian forward Francesco Totti has been banned for three matches by UEFA after he spat at Denmark midfielder Christian Poulsen during a scoreless draw on Monday. Totti submitted a statement to UEFA on Wednesday in which he admitted his guilt. The Italian Football Federation has 24 hours to appeal the decision.
Three is nowhere near enough. Classless disgusting act.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Engerland

Come on Stepchild, at least give ma Tartan Army mate Downtown credit for that one.

I'm sure the Captain won't find that link the slightest bit amusing. :rolleyes:

Quality, I have to admit. :D
Sorry Fasty...
Well done sonno on the the 3 - Bagel though.

Oh, and what a shock.
Wayne Rooney was the best England player - again.
The kid is fcuking all there and is going to be a phenomenal player.
Everton is going to make a ton on this lad.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloody French Lucky once again!!!

tudor's comeback was crap... An own goal and a crappy pass back to goalie which led to empty net goal by tretegay... He better turn it around againt the english..... :cool:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Missed a great TTP Bookie Game.... HOuse could haev taken lots with the french not winning....

Croatia vs England odds?????

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Three is nowhere near enough. Classless disgusting act.

I agree this was a classless act. He's embarrassed himself, and an entire nation by his actions. In addition, he's now seriously hurt the team's chances of advancing into the second round IMO. I wouldn't even begin to defend Totti in this matter, but I think three games if fair. I'm curious to know how many games TheRob would have suspended him for though??......should FIFA carry over the ban into World Cup 2006? :rolleyes:

FeelingtheBertuzziarguementscomingalloveragain

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
therob, are you sure he spat and it wasn't just grease from his sorry salad?

out for tourney, plus a few if they don't make the knockout stage. coward.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You and I are playing against eachother in an Over '35's match somewhere down the road. You bad mouth me and I spit in your face. How many games do you want me gone for? More than three I'm sure.

It would never happen though. You and I are just becoming to good of friends.

Skip said:
I agree this was a classless act. He's embarrassed himself, and an entire nation by his actions. In addition, he's now seriously hurt the team's chances of advancing into the second round IMO. I wouldn't even begin to defend Totti in this matter, but I think three games if fair. I'm curious to know how many games TheRob would have suspended him for though??......should FIFA carry over the ban into World Cup 2006? :rolleyes:

FeelingtheBertuzziarguementscomingalloveragain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0