Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2004: Post match analysis

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Russians are shite. They really do miss Victor Tossmikockov running the show in the middle.

Taxi for the Pork Chops! Scolari said that watching them reminded him of Brazil. He must mean the Brazilian league with all the fouls going on. the Greeks were well organized and deserved their win. I wouldn't blame the goalie for the first goal, what the hell was Fenando Couto doing? He gave the guy so much room he almost backed into his own net.

Engerlund have been training at the same stadium where Celtic made history back in 1967 so they might just have the rub of the green on Sunday. They'll need it.

The England manager is a fraud.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Greece - Portugal tilt yesterday was an interesting experience for me. Of course I was happy Greece won but for the preservation of the tournament, I don't want to see the electrifying atmosphere brought on by hometown fans thwarted. The stadium was like a morgue at the end of the game.

Theodoros Zagorakis, # 7 was the man of the match in my opinion. The guy ran a marathon in the centre mid and allowed the Greek defense to complete their job almost methodically. The reason this team has been so successful in qualifying for this tourney is their German coach has demanded discipline and he has stymied the "flakieness" of the Greek players that has always been their downfall.

I'm looking forward to the England - France game today. My son is playing hockey at the same time. I need a plan. I need a plan. Help!:confused:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
I'm looking forward to the England - France game today. My son is playing hockey at the same time. I need a plan. I need a plan. Help!:confused:
Hopefully he is playing at a decent rink with a lounge. Or, any decent rink would consider putting a tv out to view the game...Just like the hockey playoffs... Good luck with that ;) .

I on the other hand, am leaving in 4 minutes to ask the residence across from Osler Hop to borrow some cable wire to pull across to the pitch. The tv may be mini, but it's going to work damnet! :mad:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 0 Swiss 0

Absolute shite from croatia. Should have been 3:0 in the first half but it seems goal scoring is still a problem..... and to top it all of, one man up for the last 40 mins and only 2shots??? Switzerland had more shots on us, than us on them. freaking joke.............

hmmmmmm to many scenarios to look at now. other than getting a france win or draw today.

freakign strikers!!! :mad:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy yellow cards too.... REf must have given a dozen of em. 3 of em for diving in the box... which is nice to see...

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prso's wasn't a dive. As the replay showed he was clearly fouled. Stupid referee. Mornar was hit across the shin and he fell down. He may have tried to sell it a bit but the stupid referee decided to give him a yellow.

Croatia was shite today. Olic is a useless twat. At the same time the Swiss never looked like they wanted to win this game. 9 guys back all game long.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia vs. Switzerland - who gives a fcuk? They are two God-awful teams who shouldn't even be in the tournament. Really, it was the worst game of a very average tournament. Sorry Croatians on the site but it was fcuking rubbish.......

England vs. France - Men against boys. I thought I was watching Italy against the French today. Great tactics, Sven. I guess it shows what he really thinks of the 'skill' in his line-up. France obviously were the better team but the Italians, I mean English, set up a shell which the Germans/Italians combined would be proud of . King did a great job on Henry, who didn't give a fcuk in the first half. Campbell did his usual work for NASA with many missiles up the park. I'm fcuking having a laugh right now. $20 in the pocket for a couple of bevies next week and thinking of all the gubs on the English fans in Portugal is enough to entertain me. BTW, nice penalty kick, Gay Boy. Lita, is that what happened in your dreams? ;) Hopefully Beckham learned from his teammate on how to take a penalty kick. Nice pass back, Gerrard. Invisible all match and then he sets up the winner.

France got what they deserved, especially since they won the correct scoreline bet for me. :D

And 200 tokens! Life is grand. :) Can you see a happy Hun? Noooooo Nooooo. Sorry, I thought Celtic just clinched the league again....

Can you see a happy Scouse? Noooooooo Noooooooooo

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCUKING SHOCKING IS THE ONLY WAY TO PUT IT

what was gerrard thinking? and IMHO james looked shocking on both, not even moving for the freekick (maybe could not have seen it right away, but not reacting at all, terrible), and coming out wildly, feet first and turning away from henry when gerrard played the ball back

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough loss for the English, very tough.

Good match by Ledders at the back.....a rock!

Two penalties....one taken by an overrated, publicity whore, the other by a truly world class midfielder!!! :rolleyes:

Daz :D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Croatia vs. Switzerland - who gives a fcuk? They are two God-awful teams who shouldn't even be in the tournament. Really, it was the worst game of a very average tournament. Sorry Croatians on the site but it was fcuking rubbish.......

No need to apologize, Captain. We know it was a rubbish game. All I can say, play like that is not what got these two teams into the tournament. I mean with the Swiss taking the piss out of the Irish and Croatia smoking the Belgians 4-0 in qualifying is why we are here. All that we Croatians can do now is hope for better second game. We play France next so it should be much easier for us. :)

Rather cruel of the French to toy with the English like that. Making them believe they could win this game and then crushing their hearts in the final minutes. Poor poor England...

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heres how i see it.
What a glorious day to start at Kelly o B's today.
Alot of the Ranger Boys today including Jinky and Demo.Good start for England and for most of the first half they kept all of Frances chances way outside the danger area.
Owen was invisible and should have been yanked earlier, but you have to give a game breaker his due time.
Up one nil on a clinical goal, no debate there.
Question 1 ) when shooting against your old keeper, do you.
A)GO THE OPPISITE WAY
B)GO RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE
C)SHOOT THE WAY HE WOULD GUESS AT MIDDLE HEIGHT.
So now we should be up two nil, but as for the par, we shite the bed.

Question 2 ) when the wall is set up on the left hand side.
A)SHOULD THE GOALIE STAND THERE LIKE A DONKEY
B)SHOULD HE GUESS AND FLAIL LIKE A HOS.
C)SHOULD HE STAND CLOSE AND GUARD THE RIGHT SIDE OF
THE WALL LIKE HE WAS TOUGHT.

Well after that shocker,(and by the way i know it was a smashing free kick)
we then decide to pass a ball back and leave our keeper hanging out to dry.

Question 3) when at the last second we are left out to dry, do we
A) GO IN FEET FIRST
B) THROW A GOOD OLD ELBOW SMASH.
C) OR C, ATTEMPT TO PLAY THE BALL HANDS FIRST AND HOPE
FOR A FIFTY, FIFTY TACKLE, HANDS FIRST ON THE BALL.

I left the place like alot of people in utter disgust, yes they tried hard, yes they played well at times.
But once again they shite the bed!!!!!!!!!

Hos and Captain two words, GET BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am bitter, and NO i am not golfing next week.

Thank god R F was there from keeping me going over the top rope at Jinkys little grin.

Truely a fcuked up day for me and the rest of this Engalnd mob.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky, Coach, I feel your pain. If you were a Hun, I'd say you're used to it, but that is not the case. :) It's only $40 and I'm sure HOS and I will give a sip of one of our drinks we will be buying with the hard-earned money. Honestly, I'm not going to gloat because we knew ALL ALONG that France was going to win that game........ :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still Captain, what is your take on the game or the 3 magical questions that i have thrown out there?

Say what you want, but you do not get scored on TWICE in extra time!

fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unrucky Engerland

Coach said:
B)SHOULD HE GUESS AND FLAIL LIKE A HOS.

:D

Not bad...

Zoo Zoo is a fcuking leader and did what he always does.
Wayne Rooney is going to be an incredible player, if not already, when his touch catches up with his passion and speed.
Unbelievable work rate.

Good to see Jinky oot, his french accent in top condition. ;)
That, and his open admiration for Carl Fletcher provided good atmosphere. :D

RF

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the Fcuk did I see today??? I'm fcuking rattled. How the hell did that happen. Thank God there was Boddingtons and Strongbow left. There ain't now. Fcuking French cnuts. i'm flabbergasted that i saw that. When is it on again so i know when not to turn on the TV.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Coach relax they still play Croatia and the Swiss and although I thought maybe they could challenge England well I now change my mind as both are shite. Regarding your first question give Barthez credit, he made a beautiful save and I don't buy your crap of Beckham should go opposite because he played against his former goalie. As I've seen Beckham doesn't always go there anyways so your point is stupid. I've seen Beckham go the other way more and again give Barthez credit. On the Zidane freekick I see why you guys hate James. I don't know if he would have saved it but he could have attempted to move. Joely I must say for a goalie you don't have a clue do you? On the third the blame goes solely to Gerrard. Henry will move there hoping a back pass is made and Gerrard is stupid enough to make one. What was he thinking? Yes James could have tried to go in hands first but is he expecting a stupid play like that. The answer is no. He was hoping that by sliding in he could have beaten Henry to the ball. How many people can beat Henry in a race? He was stuck in no mans land and unfortunately gave up a foul which Zidane put away.

All in all it was a tough way for England to lose but they'll get thru. Then again I was going for the French so I couldn't care less for the three lions and also my team took care of Portugal so I am happy so far.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain is right, we, as well as the Swiss are shite, or at least were for 90 God awful minutes this morning, but no matter all is right in the world for at least 4 days. England is bottom of the group.

In the immortal words of Nelson Lutz (Simpon's fame; and insert high squeaky voice) HA HA!!!!:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blazearmy,

I just watched it again. It is even funnier the second time. :) Make sure you don't turn the tv on between 8:30 and 10:30 because you will see two diabolical teams........

Coach,

I can't remember your questions.....but I'll try. ;)

1)Yes, it is always a great idea to shoot to the opposite side that the keeper dives to.

2)Yes, he should have been covering the opposite side of the net to where the wall was. Having said that, why were there only 5 guys in the wall when the ball was only 20 yards away from goal? You need at least 7 guys in that situation, especially when you're in injury time. Mistake number 2 by James......

3) You can't blame James as much as you can blame England's world class :rolleyes: midfielder Gerard for his atrocious decision. James probably should have come out with his hands but at that point Henry was getting that ball anyway. I think hands or feet, it was going to be a penalty.

What about Heskey's stupid foul? Makelele was fcuking going sideways and had NO chance to get a shot on net.......It's a funny ol' gaime, it's a funny ol' gaime........

Having answered the questions, I will not enjoy the $20 any less. :)

Switzerland will beat England and France will beat the shizer Croatians to put the English in a whole lot of trouble. That would be unfortunate.....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0