Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2004: Post match analysis

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal was extremely predictable. The Greece defenders were fantastic and were hunting all over the field in twos. Portugal lacked grit and creativity and didn't deserve to win the game. Congratulations to Greece(Ballbaby) on a fantastic win for the country. Figo is a fcuking fanny. Let's go France......

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Post match analysis

I was cheering for the Portuguese only because I didn't want them to embarass themselves in front of their home fans. Not lacking in skill but mysteriously lacking in any direct or efficient football. Figo is an above average player who is not "the franchise" anymore and is wearing the concrete boots on the sinking Portuguese ship (shocking opening ceremonies btw).

Congrats to the Greeks who played like they had a plan (or something). First victory in a major international since beating the Persians, says Gary Lineker :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Pork Chops had all the style and panache of a Denny's short order cook. Ballbaby's team did a tremendous job of plugging up the entire pitch. What was the chops keeper thinking on the first goal?

Anyone else think TSN is desperate for a little soccer knowledge? Carl Fletcher??? Come fcuking on, some one give this guy a script or something... he's just repeating what Randorff is spewing. They'd be better off with a crew of Dazza and Filling the net behind the desk. Shoc-king

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Speaking of analysis, are you fcuking kidding me? Carl Fletcher? Everytime he speaks, I feel myself dozing off. How about this line already?

"Spain needs to attack the injured Russian defense. Russia is missing its' two central defenders."

Do you think you might have fcuking researched their names? Fcuking useless. I would LOVE to be sitting in Fletcher's spot between Dumb and Dumber. It might almost look smart. But then again..

BTW, Russia's national anthem is a fcuking belter.

Nasdarovia and dasvydania(God knows what I just said)

Let's go Russia(for my wife's sake of course).......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

For the record, the two missing Russian players are team captain Viktor Onopko and Sergei Ignashevitch. You're welcome. It's amazing what a little research can provide. Fcuking wankers at TSN. BTW, Spain looks like it is going to TTP out of the Russians.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Full marks for Greece today on a much deserved win.

It must be hard to be the home team of the Tourni and have to open up with such high expectations?

What is with Figo not welcoming young Ronaldo into the team mix of things.
Apparently he was upset with the choice of the youngster,and that spells nothing but desention right from the get go. :confused:

Congats Balls, you guys were hungrier than the poor chops today. :cool:

Once again, that is alot of pressure to start off the tourni playing a hungry undrdog.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good point, Coach. Fcuk Figo the arrogant cnut.

On to the second match. Obviously, they better team won. I was impressed by the players on the flanks for Spain, Vicente and Extebera(sp?). Alenichev was the best player for the Russians but their biggest drawback was when they had a chance around the 18, they were looking for that last pass/back heel etc. Shoot the fcuking ball. The ref was giving WAY too many cards in the first half for infractions that were minor. It was only a matter of time before the Russians would be playing with 10 men. Granted, it didn't make a difference in the result. So maybe the Spanish will not be choking this year afterall......

I was very impressed by Spains number 5, Puyol. He was rock solid at the back and was able to create some attacks with decent passing. As mentioned, the best team definitely won on the day.

Great commentary, Fletcher.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fletcher makes me wanting Greg Millen.......Poor guy is like a deer in headlights.

I thought the Valencia Midfield for Spain was the difference....I was very impressed with Vicente......It's clear why Morientes has fled for Monaco........he's finished. It surprises me the Spanish don't have any other young stud to put up front with Raul.

Sandman

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain, let's put a little twenty spot on tommorws match?
Captain with France. :mad:
Coach will take his heart, England. :)
Sounds good Captain, I will wait for your reply. :rolleyes:

Love these Euro's already baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
Captain, let's put a little twenty spot on tommorws match?
!!!!!

Can HOS get some of that action, payment will be a the TTP Golf tourney in one week, HOS with France, Coach with England, what do you think Jackie Childs?

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Okay HOS, you have yourself a bet big man!

Yes payment is due next Sat at the course.

Wow what a way to pay for my drinks next week, thanks HOS!

Captain? I would asume your in?

That's it, two bets for the big match. All bets closed.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!! COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice, too bad Fasty wasn't in town too, I would be taking 20 from his as well. Easy peasy this one, France won't even let a goal in.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let me guess HOS, you were one the wise ones who picked France in the last World Cup.
Easy Peasy, not a fcuking chance you dirty mucker!

Kelly O Bryans is the venue for the big tilt tommorow, the big screen is just calling my name!

Those are fighting words HOS. :mad: You will pay for those words, pay dearly.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, Coach, I'm in. I'll feel guilty taking the money from you but if you're willing........:)

Sandman,

Spain does have a young 'stud' up front in the form of Fernando Torres. He is 20 years-old, has a tremendous mullet, and is strong as an ox. He was Real Madrid's leading scorer this year too. I think you'll see him get the nod next game. I agree with you about Morientes. He looked very slow at times and almost out of shape?

Captainwhoislookingforwardtotaking$20fromcoach....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's what I said. He lead Madrid in scoring this year. ;) :D Those fcukers on the t.v. had me going then. I swear the commentator said Real Madrid. Bastard. That's another reason why I want England to get stuffed by the French tomorrow, as if I need any other reasons. :D

Captainwhowasjustmakingsureeveryonewaspayingattention. Well done,Zenga.:)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deco was pants today. Completely useless. Ronaldo is a fantastic player to watch but all the ooh ahh Chris-ti-an dance steps don't compensate for his deadful distribution. I'd seriously consider getting Nuno Gomes into the game a bit quicker next time Scolari. Just a thought.

If Figo hated the little ponce before today, imagine what the reaction was after that shitty backtracking which led to the peno. I suppose the extra time goal will redeem Ronaldo a bit but on the whole, Portugal has little to be happy about.

Spain v. Russia in the battle of the mullets. Carl Fletcher reported that David Seaman placed a call to the Russian keeper at halftime, to inform him he wants his ponytail back. Well played Davey Cum.

The Rooskies had a nice 15-minute spell in the first half before they reverted to their lethargic and uninspired norms. Puyol was a tower of strength and held the baltic wetbacks in check for most of the afternoon.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei, as usual, spot on. Ronaldo knocked 4 fcuking crosses too deep for the players who were waiting in the box. Having said that, why was NO ONE(Figo in particular) closing the back post. Basic stuff that they couldn't do well. Surely Figo has a better left foot than Ronaldo? Why not switch sides? Their play seemed to stay on the left side during the second half, with the odd Theoren to the other side. Not enough switching the play from side to side to break down the stubborn Greeks. I believe I have Spain and Russia coming out of this group. After watching the Russians, I think I will just have one of the two........

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0