Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Kippax I did not forget them but to be fair, they were easily the biggest club in the Nationwide first division during the 98 - 99 season.;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: .

Originally posted by Vinny
last time i checked .... Chelsea were a damn big club as well.....

Check again Vinny, I think you'll find that Notts Forrest are a bigger club than Chelsea.

Fcuking nouveau riche.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McClaren......

Kippers,

Being a 'boro supporter, (and a self-deluded one at that) I had big expectations of a successful season this year. A success for the 'boro, realistically, would have been pushing for a UEFA Cup place and a decent run in one of the Cups. With their (they're only 'our' when they're winning) traditional woeful start to the season and some key injuries (Ehiogu), being the 'boro they made life difficult for themselves right from the off and it enabled those of us who are destined to a life of mediocrity (a metaphor for my life in all likelihood) to enjoy the many splendours of a relegation battle in August.

Excellent.

That said and without the use of rose-tinted specs some sephardic posters feel bereft without, against Chelsea a month ago Middlesbrough were awesome and it was all down to one man; Mendieta. I haven't seen a player boss a game to that extent since I tried to catch Captain Shamrock in summer league one night. He was, quite simply, outstanding. Mendieta was also outstanding against Chelsea. In the finest 'boro tradition, however, they lost 1-2 with a last-gasp enemy goal.

'Boro's problem is that they've nowt up front. That is unless you consider Michael Ricketts and Szilard Nemeth threatening. I do but not from a goal-scoring perspective but to my sanity. Juninho, for all his guile, will always be too small and when matched against the likes of Viera. Use any fly-swatting metaphor you like. I can't think of one that isn't trite.

I'm greatly looking forward to our annual Riverside humping and usual attempted derailment of United's league amibitions on the 28th of December. This will ensure all 'boro support begin the new year with an enthusiastic, if misguided based on over a hundred years of historical fact, optimism only to have it all come crumbling down with our other traditional lumping at Highbury in January.

As far as McClaren goes? Given the rot that had set in at the end of Robson's reign, he's still had long enough to make things far more upwardly mobile than he has. Who would replace him? Alex McCleish, of course.

Excellent.

Of course, having family in the Teesside area who know a man whose sister once cut Franck Queudrue's neighbour's privet hedge, I can assure you with uttermost certainty that Middlesbrough will win the league by sometime in 2053.

It won't be the Premiership but it'll be a league. For my retirement present, you see.

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I grew up in Cape Town" and?

Is this the day the cycle started?

What happened? did your dad sell you to a shoe shine man in Soweto? Is this where you learnt that you will always be the sh1t on other peoples shoe and always dream of what maybe.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ignorant prick.

Soweto is in Johannesburg.

Staying on topic, I can't wait until your new stadium falls behind schedule. It's going to be horrendously expensive, and you know what that means....

Daz

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe he went there to get rid of you and to make sure you didnt come back, I'm begining to know how he felt.

Yes me too as that'll probably mean that it will be state of the art, modern, great tranport links, attractive to other world cup winners etc all the factors that you and all your sorry long nosed mates are crying out for.

Thats why your looking to move out to that lovely area Stratford/Leyton, you'll be ok though its just like Soweto there, home from home.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wooh! Easy!

Originally posted by Terry
Thats why your looking to move out to that lovely area Stratford/Leyton, you'll be ok though its just like Soweto there, home from home.

No No... That would be trespassing. Haven't you seen the signs all over East London.. " Danger..Yido's and Gooners Prohibited.. Do not enter."

Stay in North London where you belong...

Anybody who supports Spurs, Arsenal (and I think I'm going to add Middlesboro to that list ) are obviously terminally ill with some kind of nasty disease that we don't want in East London.

Cheers

Beanbag

Nov 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wooh! Easy!

There should be signs telling everyone to keep out of East London.

Crafty have you been there lately??? Wow what a fcukingshithole!!! It hasn't been refurbished since the war.

I've got a few ****ney friends and even lived in Essex for a couple of years. We drank in the Earl of Wakefield before games. Rough, very rough indeed.

Nathan's double pie double mash is about the only thing that is worth saving.

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way, you lived in Essex, dont tell Dazza thats within the London to Nottingham Spurs Supporter catchment area.

Don't wear the little cap he offers you, keep some bacon crisps in your pocket at all times

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
purpose-built......

CC,

The A13 simply must be the nicest stretch of road anywhere outside Kabul. Were it not for the fact it's the way I get to football I'd start an aggressive lobbying campaign targetting Hitler's descendents to request they come and finish the job of their ancestor. The thieving and blowing up of cars of a Friday night is all well and good but if the knuckle-dragging Whammers had any nous they'd send them up Teesside for some heroin. Phil Stamp's Dad's yer man.

Tell them Bean 'double pie mash' Bag sent you.

Lumping the 'boro in with the Yids and Arse isn't fair as McClaren will win the league any day now. He's an accomplished football manager and is currently the only person on Teesside to have a computer on which to play such games.....

Terrence, enough of the Dazza bashing. It's not big and it's not clever. A bit like Kenny Sampson. Besides, he might ring your Dad and have a moan.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kenny

Originally posted by Fastshow
It's not big and it's not clever. A bit like Kenny Sampson.

There's a name I haven't heard in a while. They figured he was a better fullback than me..:rolleyes: I guess that's why he got the England job and I didn't.:(

Cheers

Fasty, as far as McClaren goes...great understudy and that's about it. He'll keep the Boro in the top flight, but as far as winning anything..... you got more chance of knitting fog.:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wooh! Easy!

Originally posted by Beanbag
Crafty have you been there lately??? Wow what a fcukingshithole!!! It hasn't been refurbished since the war.

I've got a few ****ney friends and even lived in Essex for a couple of years. We drank in the Earl of Wakefield before games. Rough, very rough indeed.

Nathan's double pie double mash is about the only thing that is worth saving.

Beanbag,

I'm back and forth a fair bit. Now I know I can get my "Walkers" crisps at the local Chevron Station perhaps I won't have to go as often..;)

Lots of of East London still remains the same as it has for years. Where I was born, Forrest Gate, still bares a resemblence to as it was, as I remember it growing up. If you come from there, I think they refer to it as nostalgic... If you don't, I think your term of Shithole is probably more appropriate, but be careful who you say it to.;)

Having said that, we moved to Chingford when I was nine and that is really where I grew up, so to speak. Chingford is still the same today, pretty much, and I wouldn't have hesitated to raise my family there had we not moved to BC.

Cheers

PS Back to Chingford next week for a funeral.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????

I wouldn't have hesitated to raise my family there had we not moved to BC.

I know you're not talking to me but I meddle as much as I can so get it up ya............

A family of what?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: ????

Originally posted by Fastshow
I know you're not talking to me but I meddle as much as I can so get it up ya............

A family of what?

Fasty,

fukc off its 5.00PM. Time to punch the clock.

See ya tommorow

Cheers

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhh what a touching story. I'm just waiting for him to tell me how his grandad used to work in the docks and tales of the blitz and the united war effort against the bosh.

Or that his dad knew Reggie and Ronnie, where were the stories of going to Southend for your holidays and eating chips out of yesterdays newspapers.

I'm getting the word.........

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Terry
Ahhhh what a touching story. I'm just waiting for him to tell me how his grandad used to work in the docks and tales of the blitz and the united war effort against the bosh.

Or that his dad knew Reggie and Ronnie, where were the stories of going to Southend for your holidays and eating chips out of yesterdays newspapers.

I'm getting the word.........

Tel,
Don't be frightened of being proud of where you come from and don't pretend to be somebody you're not. I know you probably still feel the pain of being raised in a N postal code, but never mind..:D

Nice call with the grandad... it was actually the gas works.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Circus Tavern......

I didn't think anyone like this lived anywhere north of Purfleet.

Apparently the Essex way is taking hold in the Midlands now too.

To keep on topic and to hone my meddlesome moderating skillz, Crafty please do not post in here until West Ham regain their Premiership status.

See you in 2009.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0