Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bogarde was training with the youth squad in October at Chelsea, and other days he wouldnt show up at all for training. He is very much an outcast at that club, eventhough he gets paid like a first team player.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinny said:
Bogarde was training with the youth squad in October at Chelsea, and other days he wouldnt show up at all for training. He is very much an outcast at that club, eventhough he gets paid like a first team player.

Interesting you should bring up Winston Bogarde, Vinny. Just the other day I was wondering what had happened to him. Thanks for the update.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vieri off to Chelsea

Every report out of Italy has Vieri becoming Chelsea's next big pick-up. No price has been put on him but it is expected to smash the amount paid for Damian Duff. Inter's top officials have been at Chelsea all week and it is no surprise that Vieri wants out considering his ongoing feud with fans and management.

Here's to Zenga, Chelsea's newest supporter :rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Vieri off to Chelsea

The Apprentice said:
Every report out of Italy has Vieri becoming Chelsea's next big pick-up. No price has been put on him but it is expected to smash the amount paid for Damian Duff. Inter's top officials have been at Chelsea all week and it is no surprise that Vieri wants out considering his ongoing feud with fans and management.

Here's to Zenga, Chelsea's newest supporter :rolleyes:

The news all day over here (Tsawwassen) has been that Inter wanted to do a straight loan swap: Vieri for Mutu to have Mutu reacquainted with his scoring partner from last season in the Serie A. Abramovich has scuppered this notion, apparently, because he's still fcuked off at the way Vieri came breezing in a few months ago when Chelsea wanted him then. Vieri's attitude was mince and Abramovich is off the whole idea as a result. The Chelsea benefactor obviously hasn't been in London long enough........ Vieri, like all Aussies, is a cnut.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty a straight swap for Mutu NEVER...Mutu was an Inter player and he never played. As for Adriano he is now fully owned by Inter 23 million euro, since he is injured right now they will do some tests and determain if he joins Inter now or at the end of the season.

Ronaldo is on his way back to Inter!

Never mind TA they will have two of my favorite players in the former Inter pair (Vieri and Crespo) and one of the better Italian GKs.

FORZA CHELSEA!!!

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Unsettled' Parker misses Everton clash

Scott Parker has been axed from Charlton's trip to Everton this weekend because manager Alan Curbishley claims he is unsettled by Chelsea's bid to sign him.

Charlton have rejected an initial offer for the midfielder - but Parker is apparently keen to leave The Valley.

Curbishley asked him to stay away from the club's New Elthan training ground for two days this week and admits Parker is "disappointed" by the decision not to allow him to leave.

The Addicks manager said: "I told him not to come in because he's not in the right frame of mind.

"He's been unsettled by the transfer talk. It's not right for him or us while we're preparing for a game, so he's not with us at the moment.

"I can't stop clubs bidding for my players - it means we're doing something right - but it doesn't mean we have to accept it. Chelsea have been told of our decision, and so has Scott.

"I think he is disappointed by our decision. We know what other clubs can offer our players and that we can't compete with that - but it doesn't mean we've got to jump. They've made a bid, but it was turned down completely.

Would Parker even get a place in the Chelsea side ?

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ananova:

Vieri linked with Chelsea

Chelsea have the chance to sign Italy striker Christian Vieri for £14million from Inter Milan, according to The Sun.

The paper reports that officials from the Italian club flew to London on Wednesday night for talks over the deal.

The speculation comes despite manager Claudio Ranieri's assertions after the Blues' 4-0 win over Watford that the rumours about a move for Vieri were "not true".

What a bargain that would be .....

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Unsettled' Parker misses Everton clash

Scott Parker has been axed from Charlton's trip to Everton this weekend because manager Alan Curbishley claims he is unsettled by Chelsea's bid to sign him.

Charlton have rejected an initial offer for the midfielder - but Parker is apparently keen to leave The Valley.

Curbishley asked him to stay away from the club's New Elthan training ground for two days this week and admits Parker is "disappointed" by the decision not to allow him to leave.

The Addicks manager said: "I told him not to come in because he's not in the right frame of mind.

"He's been unsettled by the transfer talk. It's not right for him or us while we're preparing for a game, so he's not with us at the moment.

"I can't stop clubs bidding for my players - it means we're doing something right - but it doesn't mean we have to accept it. Chelsea have been told of our decision, and so has Scott.

"I think he is disappointed by our decision. We know what other clubs can offer our players and that we can't compete with that - but it doesn't mean we've got to jump. They've made a bid, but it was turned down completely.

I don't even know if Parker would get a game with Chelsea.

Anyone know what ever happened to ex-AC Milan and Dutch star Winston Bogarde?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinny said:
wow that was funny :rolleyes:
Vincent, your clever use of the 'ironic' face would suggest to me you're being sarcastic. Taking the piss, even. I have to agree with you, it really wasn't one of Buckfast's better efforts.

In other news........
Spurs set to capture Trap

By Adrian Curtis, Evening Standard

16th January, 1971

Giovanni Trapattoni looks set to become the new Tottenham first team coach after Euro 2004 this summer.

The Italian national coach will quit his post as soon as the tournament ends for Italy, after the first round, to take over at White Hart Lane but the club expect to make the announcement before the end of January, as predicted by Standard Sport next week.
Although Spurs yesterday denied that the 64-year-old had signed a deal worth £1.2million a year to become their new coach, it is now understood that the Italian had further talks with club officials in Italy and verbally agreed to take the job by saying, 'Si'. But the contract is still not signed and there are some minor details still to iron out.

Trapattoni has been preparing for a move to England for some time after taking English lessons and speaking regularly with Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri in pigeon-French and morse.

The former Juventus and Bayern Munich coach is expected to step down as Italy boss straight after the first round of Euro 2004 when the Italians will have been knocked out, although rumours are circulating that the Italian Football Association may decide to ditch him next month and give Gianluca Vialli the task of leading the country into the finals after his wonderful success at Vicarage Road .

The Italian watched Tottenham's 4-1 win over Birmingham last week - the day before Standard Sport revealed that he was the club's top target to replace sacked religious zealot Glenn Hoddle and that negotiations were well advanced.

It is also believed that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has a back-up plan involving Trapattoni even if he cannot persuade the Italian to take the job on his own.

The ideal is to bring in a younger man as No2, possibly Mark Hughes, Enrique Inglesias, or Lazio boss Roberto Mancini, to take over eventually.

If Trapattoni refuses to come at all, the younger man becomes first choice.

Meanwhile Spurs new boy Michael Brown could be set for a high-profile debut against Liverpool tomorrow. Spurs are still waiting to hear if striker Freddie Kanoute will be allowed to return from Mali's training camp on the moon to play.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is been brought to my attention by a reliable snout that "A part in Tot" is an anagram for Trapattoni....so clearly this is where his destiny lies.

Dazza ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza said:
It is been brought to my attention by a reliable snout

What we in Canada call an elevator, the English call a lift,
What we call a wrench, they call a spanner and what we call an apartment, they call a flat.

Keeping this in mind, we Canadians define the word reliable as :

suitable or fit to be relied on : DEPENDABLE
giving the same result on successive trials

What is the English definition of this word? Specifically in the vicinity of White Hart Lane.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yid Army 2 Pool 1

Postigoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bronco: :knvb: :wa: :cool: :D ;) :rolleyes:

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote from Tony Cottee:

"The only thing that has been missing for Arsenal in the last couple of seasons is a top, top goalscorer,"

hmmmm?

This is of course based on his illustrious career?

What next? "The only thing that has been missing from Manchester United in the last couple of years is a top, top winger?"

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't find the quote from the bbc website but it said Manchester United had gone to Dubai to prepare for this weekends game against Northampton Town.

The Wolves defeat has struck panic through the mighty red machine

Oh and on that note. Wes Brown for the rest of the season, ooh go on then

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0