Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cole looked like a broad jumper on that tackle. It's nice to see that he is adding thug leg-breaker to his bag of diving tricks.
As awful as that deliberate intent to injure was, I think what really pissed me off were the antics of Llungberg and Campbell. There attempts to intimidate the referee after he had made the correct decision were appalling. Arsenal have no discipline.

Gerrard's tackle on Solano was every bit as bad as Cole's attempted murder. This is a guy who smply refuses to learn from his mistakes. I don't recall him tackling LeSaux last year but I do recall him getting in alot of trouble for a horrible jump tackle on Gary Naysmith.

I'm far too crafty for the twenty television cameras here in the park. I'll never get caught.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beamon's form is way off.

You can't have one leg in front of the other. They've got to be parallel. Since we're dabbling in olympic sports, I'd liken the tackle more to the form utilized in the luge, minus the pointy toes. And spandex outfits.

Bob's got some nice height there, though. You're looking at a broken femur with that kind of trajectory.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob's distance wasn't bad either.

The equivalent of crossing the street in one jump apparently.

but he's no Ashley Cole.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sunderland tackle wasn't as bad as Cole. Just a much worse result. i hope Cole gets a serious ban from the FA as that was a fcuking atrocious jump into leg. He then jumped up and protested he did anything wrong. CNut.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gegard's tackle on Solano wasn't much better. It was another Gerard two footer, still can't figure out how he didn't get a card

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
snouts.......

This just in from my snout at the Daily Mail.........

Spurs hunt sugar-daddy
By Ian Gibb, Daily Mail
11 December 2003

Tottenham are clearing the decks for a Roman Abramovich-style, super-rich figure with nice eyes to come in and buy the club outright.

That is the reason no moves have been made to bring in a new manager since Glenn Hoddle was sacked in September.

It is understood that feelers have already been put out to find a saviour to wipe out all the club's debts and provide a £100million war chest for a manager of any new owner's choice to spend.

That cannot happen until current leading shareholders ENIC can raise their 36 per cent stake in the club to a majority of 51 per cent and allow any new owner overall charge.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will today address the shareholders' annual meeting to explain just why director of football David Pleat has been keeping the club on autopilot and without a pilot.

Pleat, who would love the manager's job himself, has guided Spurs away from the relegation area and into the quarterfinals of the Carling Cup, where they will be hammered by Middlesbrough in the quarter-finals.

A plum FA Cup third-round tie against First Division Crystal Palace also awaits the caretaker boss as well as a Christmas hamper, full of satsumas and figs.

Should Spurs get a Chelsea-like financial makeover, they would make an attractive proposition for any leading managerial figure in Europe, even managers like Celtic boss Martin O'Neill, Ajax coach Ronald Koeman, PSV Eindhoven's Guus Hiddink, and Marc Bircham of Queen's Park Rangers.

Still, until such time as a buyer can be presented with a controlling-owner package, no manager can be given a clear future to plan and, as a result, Spurs are fcuking terrible.

Related Light Entertainment Stories: Other stories:

Posh off, Damon

Ross lands top comedy gong

Paltrow wedding secrets revealed

Ozzy 'awake and joking'

Dazza still banned from TTP

Damon ditches celeb dating

Jagger attacks McCartney

Cox was left in dark over Moyles

Ozzy crash 'caught on camera'

Love rat is missing Charlotte

©2003 Associated New Media

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ananova:

Arsenal reject Chelsea's Henry bid

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has revealed that the club have turned down a reported bid of £40million from Chelsea for Thierry Henry.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich made the offer for the Gunners' striker on Wednesday night.

Dein told The Sunday Mirror: "Roman Abramovich came to Highbury and presented us with a formal offer for him (Henry).

"But we told him the same as we will say to Real Madrid or any other club if they are planning to present an offer to us - Thierry Henry is not for sale."

Story filed: 07:17 Sunday 14th December 2003

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wright- Phillips goal versus United on the Weekend. I'm sure Smallsy was proud. Megged Scholes I think on the way to goal. Genuis goal. Also the 2 by Robert for Newcastle, cracking. Liverpool fans wher are you?

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ananova:

Ferdinand banned for eight months

Rio Ferdinand has been banned for eight months, starting from Monday, January 12, for missing a drugs test.

An independent tribunal found the England player guilty of misconduct after he failed to take a test on September 23 despite being selected to give a sample to UK Sport doping officials at Manchester United's Carrington training ground.

The defender can play on for now, as he has 16 days in which to decide whether to appeal against his punishment.

But an eight-month ban would mean Ferdinand missing the remainder of Manchester United's season and the Euro 2004 finals with England.

Story filed: 20:12 Friday 19th December 2003

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ananova:

Ferdinand banned for eight months

Rio Ferdinand has been banned for eight months, starting from Monday, January 12, for missing a drugs test.

An independent tribunal found the England player guilty of misconduct after he failed to take a test on September 23 despite being selected to give a sample to UK Sport doping officials at Manchester United's Carrington training ground.

The defender can play on for now, as he has 16 days in which to decide whether to appeal against his punishment.

But an eight-month ban would mean Ferdinand missing the remainder of Manchester United's season and the Euro 2004 finals with England.

Story filed: 20:12 Friday 19th December 2003

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll just say it once ........

The fcuking FA are using Rio as a scapegoat regarding this. Sepp Blatter has made it his own personal agenda to put pressure on the FA and it's 'independent tribunal' :rolleyes: to have him banned. Fcuking German cnut ........

I'm sure all the fcuking French, Swiss & Croats are celebrating on this black day for Manchester United and the player :mad:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fack. Eight months? Didn't a few players who tested positive for steroids over in Italy only get three months?

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
im not 100% sure ...., but Edgar Davids tested positive for the steroid Nandrolone and only got 4 months

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no sympathy

Rio has only himself to blame.

He has let his club and his country down.

Simple really.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rio "Forgot"..........I don't buy that.......the punishment is just fine and he's lucky......I don't care if the test was negative......it could have left his body by then........Jinky I love the pic fcuking hilarious

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rio "Forgot"..........I don't buy that.......the punishment is just fine and he's lucky......I don't care if the test was negative......it could have left his body by then

In an hour and a half? The people responsible for testing him were still there when he called to say he forgot and could he still come down to be tested!

Lucky? How? He got a longer ban than other guilty parties have received.

Absolute rubbish. :mad:

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eight months? That's harsh, even for one of those red wankers. Didn't Bosnich get nine months for testing positive for Cocaine. It will be protested, and Rio will end up with a lesser suspension. If he doesn't, I won't lose sleep over it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0