Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eventually.

Platnum was a sweet trail. Nice to look at and just cruise down. Not too steep and a lot of tricks a beginner can do. I look forward to hitting Gold and Crazy Carpenter. Maybe one night this week thedude?

Dude,
barely any compression on the girl.
You refer to your "bike" as girl. This begs the question. If it were a "girl" what would it be like? ;)

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistler

I would be into Whistler on Thursday. But I need to know pretty quick. Send me an email thedude@mtnbike.ca

Platinum was pretty nice. Dude actually impresed me and I am not impressed easily. Props Dude.

If my bike was a girl "Cove Stiffee FR" she would be a nice Canadian born girl that knows her way around.

She has a bit of experience but was saving herself for the right guy ....me. She has a nice firm ass and has curves where it matters. She loves when she is ridden smoothy but can still take it hard. She definatley is not a skinny girl, she has a little meat on her in all the right spots so she can take a pounding an come back for more. She is the type of girl that you simply feel comfortable taking for a spin and even though she has a hard tail she still gets looks from all the guys.

Later,

thedude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that’s your bike, it sounds a lot like Pamela Anderson dressed up in hobo’s clothing.:D

Check out The Last Drop for my take. Regs will probably have it up later today. Be afraid, be very afraid...

Notty: one of these days, you will want to check out the Woodlot, specifically Platinum. It is a freaking road trip for you (may as well drive to Whistler), and the climb is nothing short of a suffer-fest, but the trail is a work of art. You’ve become pretty accomplished on the tables at Whistler…there’s no reason why you wouldn’t clear most of the big gaps in this trail.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thedude: my post from NSMB that got you in shite with the wife has now been exbanded to a full article.:D

BTW: I forgot to thank TheRob for a great time at his place after our ride Friday. A couple of bevies, great food, and great conversation. I even ate the salmon. Yes, salmon. I couldn't have been more proud of Mini Dude trying to close the playroom door so he and Avery could play doctor without supervision.

Good lad. He brings a wee tear to me eye...

Thanks again TheRob to you and your lovely wife from myself, Mrs. Dude, Mini Dude, and little Dudette.:cool:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No problem Dude. Thanks for lending me the hot Quebec chick for awhile. I'd like to throw some bigger fronts on her though if I can find some. If you see some, let me know.

Notty, you definitely have to get out there. Beautiful stuff, and if you're lucky you come by for pints to. I say one night this week. Wednesday?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There you go. Find yourself some 2002 or even 2003 5" shocks, a riser stem, and you'll change the angle enough to make her freeride friendly. You can probably get a smoking deal on some used shocks, as long as you're ready to pay for an overhaul too.

I'm at soccer Wednesday. Thedude and I are heading to Whistler Thursday.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby accident takes teenage life
Aug 26 - 7:49:00AM

VANCOUVER (CKNW/AM980) -- A Vancouver teenager has now died in hospital following a bicycle crash on Burnaby Mountain, just below the lookout.

The 14-year-old suffered serious head injuries when he lost control of his bike, flew over the handlebars and landed on his head.

He was wearing a helmet. His name hasn't been released.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd heard about that accident the other day (I think from thedude???). Apparently the kid was trying out a small jump down near the totem poles, under the restaurant. The only thing that may have helped him could be full armor with a protective spine...helps prevent the back and head folding up the wrong way.

Of the injuries we're hearing about and seeing on the mountains, the vast majority are kids under 20. The problem with this sport right now is that the kids see the pros and experts pulling off big drops and stunts, and try to emulate them right off the bat. They don't understand or acknowledge that these guys have been riding their whole lives. Guys like Dave Watson, Ritchie Schley, Shaums Mach, etc., were all world-class athletes at a young age. It takes a ton of time and practice to progress to a level where you can comfortably pull off tough stunts.

In the trails, we preach walking away if you're not 100% confident in the stunt you're about to pull off. As thedude said to me the other day, when I was psyching myself out on one particular drop: "Live to ride another day".

Very sad that this is happening to kids, and even sadder that peer pressure is contributing to these accidents.

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, well...

Just in the event anyone like lfc or Sub are reading, we were up there Wednesday, not yesterday...and I wasn't at training last night because the knee is still giving me trouble. Should be good for Tuesday.

Right then.:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No word, but apparently they need a tonne before they can consider opening the trails again...like 3 days of heavy rain.

I hear Whistler is open on either Thusday or Friday.

Anyone? Anyone?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2003 Red Bull Rampage site is up: www.redbullrampage.com .

Check out the list of riders, and some of the videos. pretty sick stuff. The best bio has to be Ritchie Schley's. Check it:

Take a walk on the wild side:

I am a single white male that loves women, fast cars and extreme sports. I am very particular, but I know how to please a woman.

I do laundry almost everyday.

I ride the Whistler bike park more then anywhere else because it rocks. My favorite trail there is SCHLEYer, which is named after me.

I ride a Rocky Mountain Switch "Richie Schley" signature model with a Marzocchi Z150 fork in the park. When I am doing big tricks I ride a Rocky mountain RMX with Marzocchi 888 and Saint groupo.

I love to dine out and when I do I eat Italian food and Sushi.

I have been known to have a ****tail or two!

So, if you are a single white female between the age of 19 and 30, 5'3 -5'11 around 36, 24, 34. Shaven not furred.

Come out to the Rampage and watch me THROW DOWN!

Worth repeating: "Shaven not furred.":D

PS: If somebody with half a brain for computer stuff can download a vid or two to the TTP section, so I can see it, it'd be appreciated. I don't think I have the right megatherms to do it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D:

Shore Is Open
http://www.dnv.org/upload/pcdocsdocuments/7dk901!.htm

The Districts of North and West Vancouver are pleased to report that the recent cooler weather has reduced the Provincial Forest Hazard rating. Therefore, effective 4:00 p.m. September 10th, the Districts of North and West Vancouver and GVRD forested trail network is reopened and the restrictions are now lifted.

It may take one or two days to remove all closure signage, but persons may now enter the forests without penalty.

We thank the public for its cooperation and invite residents and visitors to continue to enjoy the beauty of our forested areas.

Districts of North and West Vancouver, GVRD.

I have to show my rig at about 3:30 Friday, but let's make it a mid day ride...say 11:30- 2:30, back to my place for beers and a bit of food if you like. I vote one or two runs down Cypress, then Boogieman.

Let me know.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, TheRob, and the…erm…thedude:rolleyes: ,

We hit CBC then Neds after work yesterday. Only one run, because Notty had a date (what else is new).

CBC was very, very slick. Easily as slick as I’ve ever experienced it (keep that one to yourself KNVB, you perverted Cnut).

We both laid the bikes down in very short order. Too used to Whistler…hit the trail at full speed, expecting to rip it up. Neither tire was holding, and don’t even think about touching the brakes! I also had one nasty crash on Neds, hucking a new line. Seriously, full armor saved me from serious injury.

Nevertheless, it was great to be home! Whistler is great, but the shore is where it’s at!:D

I’m good for a Thursday afternoon ride, if anyone is in.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty,

You know that Rogers ATT and commercial where the girl is waiting for a blind date? Finally "Steve" shows up and he starts eyeing up the waitress. So the girl plays a sappy song on her phone and says it's their future wedding song and says she wants "like, 12 kids." Upon hearing this "Steve" bolts.

Is "Steve" you? I never knew you did commercials?

Anyhoo, thedude and I are hitting the woodlot at around 10:30 on Saturday. Feel like coming out for a ride? You will love it. Ask Dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0