Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Woodlot

The Woodlot,

Am I the tour guide?

Best lines down the hill given time/light constraints:

Gold, Blood Donor, Giant Killer, Hoots (or Heckyl and Jeckyl), Shotgun

Krazy Karpenter, Toadstool, Giant Killer, Hoots (or Heckyl and Jeckyl), Shotgun

Platinum, Hoots (or Heckyl and Jeckyl), Shotgun

There are many other trails up there but these offer best bang for the buck if you are climbing to the top.

Later,

thedude

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuesday Ride

I get off work around 4pm. If we meet at the parking area of the Woodlot at 5pm we would have more than enough time for a good ride.

The Woodlot parking lot is in the boonies. Go east on Dewdney Trunk Road in Maple Ridge and turn left (north) on 287th. Contiunue on 287th until you cross a small bridge and make an immediate right. Park anywhere on the side of the road.

Is this time okay for your guys (Dude, Notty and possibly therob)? We could start earlier if you want.

thedude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wang

I'm NFG for Tuesday. I've been out of town since Thursday. That, combined w/ soccer commitments this weeks and the wife starting a new job means that I'll be needed at home on Tuesday & Thursday.

Let's try and hook it up for next week, or even Friday.

I suppose there is the possibility of a Saturday Whistler trip too, hey Notty?

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad about Tuesday. I will still be there at around 5:00pm. If you guys can make it, just be there.

This Friday is good for me (I think). Saturday is not good though, we have a 7 a side soccer tourney all weekend.

Just let me know when you wanna come out to the boonies.

later,

thedude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me the problem isn't the boonies (it may be for Notty- he has issues with leaving the safe confines of the Shore), it's finding time to ride during the week.

Damn kids.;)

I do want to hit the Woodlot sometime though, and would like to try that even before summer ends. I'll be in touch.

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riding Solo again

I guess I will be riding Solo again at the Woodlot. I was up there last night and went for a pretty good ride.

Krazy Karpenter, Upper Toadstool, Giant Killer, Hoots, Shotgun

Then as I was leaving I just hooked up with some other people that were going mid way up and I tagged along.

One guy brought his wife on a Santa Cruz Bullit. Nice.....Very Nice.

I had a pretty good ride until the guy stopped in front of me and I looked up, got hung on a rock and took a bail and smashed ny knee. Thank you 661 for making good product!

I was a little peeved and I now understand what happened with therob on Neds. I officially appologize to therob. Sorry man.

Good long night of riding.

But get in contact with me if you guys want to go on Friday. I will still be up there tonight for a blast down Gold.

later,

thedude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure you've heard: the Shore is closed. Not long before other districts follow suit. Closed until rain fall.

I may bee good for Friday; I'll have to get back to you though.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got a sitter, got a bike. TheRob is in. Hopefully they won't close it before then. I wonder, considering the fact that the shore is closed, how crowded the woodlot will be.

See you there at 4:45 thedude.

:wa: :bronco: :wa:

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Woodlot is good to go.

I will be there Friday for sure at around 5:00pm

The Woodlot was much pretty busy last night when I went there for my ride.

A dozen parked cars when there are ususally only 3 or 4.

I had a sweet ride again on Gold, Blood Donor, Giant Killer, Hoots and Shotgun.

Make sure to bring water to drink on the way up. It is about 45 minutes up riding/walking your bikes.

Also if we are going to do Platinum I would recommend FULL armour.

Big jumps=Big crashes

later,

thedude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in.

I'd like to ride Platinum, but not if it means turning TheRob into a dead baby. He'll be riding a hard tail.

We'll decide then. I'd love to hit it.

I'll phone Fabio (Notty) to see where he'll be at.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pumped for Friday.

This'll be TheRob on Friday. Or maybe I'll be crumpled in the fetal position at the bottom of that.

Beers after at TheRob's.:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this route possible:

Carpenter, Gold, Blood Donor, Platinum, Hekyl and Jekyl and Shotgun.

Getting a little excited. Should be fun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Death, smeath (?)...it's all relative. At least your gravestone will read, "TheRob died going down."

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you post a picture of the rig I'll be riding? I want to stare at it. Learn it's curves. Sense it's power. Learn to love it. Know what I mean? Become one with the bike through a mind meld of sorts.

Smeath?

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Routes

There are 3 different routes that can be taken.

From the top to bottom. We can discuss them when we get up there. However, if we do Platinum I doubt very much that we will be riding many of the stunts. They are above the heads of most riders (litterally).

Big jumps, big gaps and big drops.

We an go oogle at them but it will kind of suck as your fisrt ride at the Woodlot.

We will have fun on just about any of the trails.

No dead babies allowed on this ride.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...after that sell job, I realy want to check this out! The drops can't be consistently any bigger than, say Pile Driver on Boogieman, or Clown Shoes. I hear the trannys are super smooth. As for gaps, well...they haven't always been my strong suit (see the box, Whistler), but I've gotten a lot better this summer. I wouldn't mind hitting it. BUT...I'm sure the other trails have some comparable stunts to attempt that you can show off.

Getting excited now...:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok thedude...I put in an inquiry on NSMB. Answers:

i'd say a-line combined with clown shoes and smooth as a baby;s ass! this is a whole new level of trail building.

a-line with gaps, super smooth.

Ok...so the kids' english skills could use a bit of work...

So, what's the scoop? You had it sounding like the second comming of Circut Circus on Frome! This has me hot & heavy...everyone says its the best trail on Woodlot. How long is it?

It would probably need to be taken slow at first, lots of second looks (like my first run down Dirt Merchant, 'What's on the other side of this kicker?"), but if at all possible, I'd like to check it out. It's getting premium type reviews only reserved for the likes of Clown Shoes, 5th Horseman, Boogieman, Sex Boy, etc..

Gotta hit it...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woodlot- Platinum

Well, well, well…

All I have to say about that trail is TRE-MEN-DOUS! No doubt that this is the best built trail around, and the stunts are phenomenal. I’m not much of a dirt jumper, but I still hit about ½ of the gaps. Super smooth...barely any compression on the girl. Some of those gaps were monstrous…it’s obvious that this trail was built for flow, and for the best riders in the world. I can't see myself progressing to that size a gap jump for at least one more season....at least now I have a place to practice. The 10 foot drop from the roller coaster at the end was easy for me; I had more of a spook on the earlier big drop, where they have the gap over the ladder. I didn’t like the ride up, and the tranny was a bit tight. No problem- I’ll stomp it next time up.

Oh yes…there will be a next time!:D

Big props to the builders! Great stuff! And, thanks to the, erm, thedude:rolleyes: for giving me the tour.

Thedude & Notty: I'm taking a buddy up to Whistler for a day of riding either Tuesday of Thursday- depending on his schedule. Notty, not sure if you can take a vacation day, but keep it in mind. I'll have Wilby's pass by then.

Footnote on TheRob: he's progressing nicely. He's borrowing my cross country bike for a while. Be easy on her TheRob...treat her well. She'll want to come home eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0