Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction: "Dude's a Cnut, but KNVB is the Cnut."

Just clarrifying,

Another Cnut.;)

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
translation

Dave Watson jumps over the TdF Peloton
Freerider provoke the route de France

The Dave Watson well-known from Freeride films jumps over the Peloton of the route de France! Hardly a medium on it and the Canadian Freeride scene is reported except itself: Watson built itself to end of the road a kicker, on which other side the landing anrauscht and than the Peloton, jumped the Canadian over the field. Now Watson is not in France in detention, a joke!

Still is little admits over the jump and pictures are inexistent nearly. One says however that the film crew for new World Disorder 4 with locally was and the whole in the box has.

With the jump Watson hurt itself slightly, pulled however a few spectator in. The spectators at the edge are with the driver field along-coagulated and concomitantly before Watsons landing. This had to extend the jump inadvertently somewhat, fell and drew smaller injuries of it. After the short stay in the hospital Watson was taken directly by the gendarmerie in receipt and taken in detention.

These data are based on statements of Freeridern and journalists in the surrounding field of the Freeride scene in Whistler Mountain and are not offziell yet confirmed, also with Watson had still no direct contact. Further information follows after move.ch.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your German sucks the...erm...thedude.;)

By the sounds of it, that info originated in Whistler. Like I said, Dave was missing from the Joyride Biker Cross, which I think he won last year. The purse was decent (I think $5K to the winner), so I can't see Dave skipping a decent purse like that unless he had bigger and better things on the go.

I believe the rumors, as far as the stunt actually being planned and considered. I hope he pulled it off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed: Watson did it...

Tour jumper
VeloNews managed to catch up with Kona freeride pro Dave Watson who was just back from an eventful excursion to France. After being approached by a French cycling magazine a month and a half ago, Watson pulled off a monumental stunt, actually jumping over the back half of the peloton during the Alp d'Huez stage of the Tour de France. Watson estimated that the jump, a road gap, was about 45 feet in distance.

"I had to come in from a funky angle because there were some police in the way," Watson explained. "And I had to time it just right because I didn't want to go in front of the riders and spook them. It was a group of about 15 and I went over right at the end of the group."

Watson added that he had to brake check ever so slightly right before take-off, and that caused him to come up about a foot short on the landing.

"I aired it nice," he said. "But I got bucked and crashed pretty hard. It's a jump I could do 10 times in a row no problem, but there was just so much going on."

Asked what was the point of the jump, Watson said he "wanted to celebrate the progression of cycling. We're in a rad sport and I wanted to do something to help get it to the masses. Whether people think I'm a hero or a zero, I don't care. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the only person in jeopardy was me."

From: http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html

Notty: I knew I sopted him up there yesterday, hanging around just outside the Longhorn. Apparently, Brad (the race DJ) interviewed him during the Slopeside fresstyle comp just after we left, too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You will, because you haven't seen the top section yet. Smooth as butter on Hailey Berry's bum.

Yum.

Besides, don't you want to face your fears, and elevate your riding ability to the next level? Don't you want to stare Death in the face and laugh? You can do it Notty...I have faith in your abilities, that your skills have progressed to become one with the force. Let your instincts guide your actions. Pain is temporary, but success is everlasting.

For more inspirational quotes, buy my book:

Inspirational Quotes Dude has Ripped Off

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty,

Just make sure that Dude doesn't stop in the middle of the trail to talk to a buddy about something RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I hate it when he does that.:mad:

Sorry I can't come guys. I'm already hooked up for August though. I'm also on holidays the week after the long weekend if you want to hook up for some local rides.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad Boy Notty

I need someone with some big enough balls to follow me down Clown Shoes and get a photo of me hitting the drop.

I don't know why you're so bitter Notty...it's not like I never get photos of you. See, I got this one of you clearing the last tabletop on Biker Cross.

I'm thinking I should ditch the full face for a sturdy straw hat too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see...

Cirque du Soleil with the ball and chain, Whistler Bike Park with the boys...Cirque du Soleil with the ball and chain, Whistler Bike Park with the boys...Cirque du Soleil with the ball and chain, Whistler Bike Park with the boys...

Thedude- ter-ri-ble decision. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...TheRob is about to get his cherry popped at Whistler. Six hours of lift access riding baby. You're about to be hooked, for good.:D

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anotherone bites the dust!!!

TheRob making his début in Whistler...the hook is set...now just reel him in. TR, were gonna have a blast...but one thing you should know...the rookie buys the pints après ride!

~Nottywhoislookingforwardtosunday:wa: :wa: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One dead baby, comming up!:D

Don't forget the Spitz burgers.

Argharghargharghargharghargh............

Am I wrong? Best burgers in the history of the known universe.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most certainly one of the best burgers! Nothing better than a pint and a spitz! TheRob...prepair to be dazzled!

~NottywhoisgladhemadethedecisiontogotoWhistlerratherthantheBeachBlastonSunda!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob prepair to be Notty's wing man. Dude will still be his gas bitch.

Jesus built a bike for three...seats not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts