Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Divison 1 Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not following your logic.

In years past, Div 1 & 2 teams would start Imperial Cup before Christmas and Premier teams would be slotted in during the latter rounds.

If you want participation ribbons, just ask. I'm sure TTP members could come up with some cool designs for them.

:D

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, read the posts from Captain. It was the club's choice to put us in the Div1 Cup. Lay off and let us enjoy what run of whatever cup we have been put into!

baby faced assassin

Nov 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think regs needs to relax. its not called the div1 cat cup. so what if we want to try and win something rather then getting knocked out in the first couple rounds.cheers devo

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I'm looking forward to this game and the chance to win some hardware. Even if it's only a Div 1 cup final!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've read what the Captain wrote, both this year and in all previous years.

My opinion stays the same.

And if I recall correctly, the only reason there is a Div 1 cup now is become some teams in the past had a bit of a moan because they paid the same fees as Premier but didn't get as many games.

Maybe in future years, the league could split the Div 1 standings in 2 at the halfway point and have 2 cups! Yeah! Let the lower, not so good teams, play for something too!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

As evidenced by this year's Imperial Cup (Yet again!!) the 1st Div. teams rarely, if ever, get by the first round. Even Peg who went 18-0 and surrendered 7 goals the whole season lost (and I firmly believed they could make a good run.) Why do you insist that weaker teams subject ourselves to the humiliation of a drubbing at the hands of a West Van or Clanbus for example? We don't need to see how we stack up against the so called "big boys" because we could barely stack up against the other Div 1 teams this year. The disparity between the two divisions is chasms wide and it is stupid to insist that all Div 1 teams take part in the Imperial. Top Div 1 teams sure, they are close enough to Premier that they ought to see how they stack up but the rest of us? Please...

B

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the league questioned some of theDiv 1 teams that wanted to enter the Division 1 cup. I know our club got an email basically saying why would you bother you have no chance, play in the div 1 cup.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just of the opinion that if you are in Div 1, you have aspirations of playing Premier one day. If not, you are a rec team. And last time I checked, the VMSL is not a rec league.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've read what the Captain wrote, both this year and in all previous years.

My opinion stays the same.

And if I recall correctly, the only reason there is a Div 1 cup now is become some teams in the past had a bit of a moan because they paid the same fees as Premier but didn't get as many games.

Maybe in future years, the league could split the Div 1 standings in 2 at the halfway point and have 2 cups! Yeah! Let the lower, not so good teams, play for something too!

Not completely true, Regs. Division One teams were automatically put into the Imperial Cup until several years back. Division Two teams were allowed to enter also. Now, the choice is given to a TEAM. Whether it was wrong or not, for the 512th time, the Club decided to put the team in the division one cup since there was already a club representative in the Imperial Cup. Where have I heard that before?

I'm hoping to be at the final on Friday and I'm guessing I might be similar in terms of 'soberness' as I was last year at the same field when Club Ireland beat Serbia to gain promotion. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

As evidenced by this year's Imperial Cup (Yet again!!) the 1st Div. teams rarely, if ever, get by the first round. Even Peg who went 18-0 and surrendered 7 goals the whole season lost (and I firmly believed they could make a good run.) Why do you insist that weaker teams subject ourselves to the humiliation of a drubbing at the hands of a West Van or Clanbus for example? We don't need to see how we stack up against the so called "big boys" because we could barely stack up against the other Div 1 teams this year. The disparity between the two divisions is chasms wide and it is stupid to insist that all Div 1 teams take part in the Imperial. Top Div 1 teams sure, they are close enough to Premier that they ought to see how they stack up but the rest of us? Please...

B

Good post, Berg.......now will I be seeing you for those pints on Friday? :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just of the opinion that if you are in Div 1, you have aspirations of playing Premier one day. If not, you are a rec team. And last time I checked, the VMSL is not a rec league.

About 2 or 3 teams in Division One every year think that..........no more...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it was that big of a deal to play Premier, those players would just jump ship like MANY of the sluts in the VMSL just to stay in Premier. There were many guys on Sapperton and ICST Pegasus this year who turned down Premier teams to play Division One......again with the purpose of promotion. I'm not sure how many other teams in the Divsion 1 'A' side had aspirations of playing Premier next year. Perhaps Vancouver Olympics? This is no disrespect to the other teams.........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me, there is a difference between "next year" and "one day", a world of difference really.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs is absolutely correct. If you are in DIV 1 your goal every year should be to win promotion. Otherwise, what is the point of being in DIV 1. Regs, said it, VMSL is not a recreational league. For this reason alone, VMSL really needs to look at breaking down DIV 1 - into two groups STRONGER AND WEAKER. The weaker teams can play with eachother and not worry about getting 'killed'. That way DIV 1 teams, who inspire to go to a highest level, and compete, will have a chance to play against same caliber teams, and get competitive games every week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs is absolutely correct. If you are in DIV 1 your goal every year should be to win promotion. Otherwise, what is the point of being in DIV 1. Regs, said it, VMSL is not a recreational league. For this reason alone, VMSL really needs to look at breaking down DIV 1 - into two groups STRONGER AND WEAKER. The weaker teams can play with eachother and not worry about getting 'killed'. That way DIV 1 teams, who inspire to go to a highest level, and compete, will have a chance to play against same caliber teams, and get competitive games every week.

Seriously, why should it be? If our Division One team won the league, it wouldn't be able to be promoted because we already have a team there unless of course it got relegated. Binger's Army are more than happy to play Division One every year and be very competitive. I don't want to speak on their behalf but I'm guessing they wouldn't want the 'hassle' of getting brand new players for Premier? But then again, there are enough sluts out there who have no loyalty to any team. Sometimes players are playing in Division One because it is the level they are capable and comfortable playing at? Why can't that be the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0