Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome

Godlike,

Just a couple of things: I'm certain you didn't mean it, but let me clarify for others -- I'm not your "star Keeper". I am, however, a star. You were correct there. ;)

And a question: is Dave Glass playing for you guys this year? I can't remember if he used to play for United or Rangers. Does he still forget to bring one or both boots to games? :)

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is indeed Davey Glass who will be making his season debut next week. I'll pack his bag for him, just in-case he does forget one of his boots. ;)

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juventus

Just in case any remebers last years banter - Our good friends Cliff Avenue Juventus (now affiliated with Pegasus in Div 2 CAT) f*%@ed over another team and didn't show up for yet another game. Add that to the 2 or 3 times they did that last year and it should equal EXPULSION!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of lads.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was the second week in row. When we played them in the first game of the year, four weeks ago, they were already short players. Last year, as Cliff Ave, they defaulted the first game of the season. I'm seeing a trend.

Looks like we're each going to have a week off sometime late in November.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome God Like

God Like, I hope you do beat Westside on the weekend but from what I've seen they are the stronger side. And for you to talk about our egos........don't forget sunscreen on the back of your neck the next time we play cause that red light is going to light up often baby!!! I'll score myself just to shut you up. If you thought our tackles were rugby style or dirty in anyway maybe you should take up knitting or another activity where you won't break a nail. Dave Glass will add some punch for you next week and you'll have a solid front line but your d sucks and if it weren't for our shite play yesterday we should have come away with an easy win over a sub par team. See you next time,

Mickster

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Westside Knights 2 - 2 Pt. Grey United: The winning streak ends . . . but I hope I'm wrong. Toughest test yet, for both teams.
North Shore JB’s 4 - 3 Richmond Cougars: Lots of motivation: lots of goals
“B” United 1 - 1 Bombastic SC “A”: So used to a decent home park, Bombastic can't adjust to crap & needles. (Actually they are used to crap on the field, but not at Strathcona -- Marty, tell those Yuppie dog walkers to pick up their sh!t once in a while!)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more predictions

Hey keeper, I'd love to see thewinning streak snapped and on any given day anything can happen......

Westside 2 - Pt Grey 3 (return of DG = victory, hope the field is lined)
Jim Beam 3 - Richmond 1 (we'll concede penalty #4 in 5 games)
Champlain 4 - Hrvatska 0 (looks like a blowout)
B United 1 - Bombastic 2 (watch for needles and manhole covers)

Beam needs a win to have a chance in the spring and would love to see some of the front runners tie.....

Mickster out!!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Godlike,

You think Jb's have egos? Maybe it's just called team spirit. And if you think we're hackers, maybe you should take a tour through 3rd div. and see what it's all about and maybe you'll stop your crying. :)

And Mickster, Hammer and Bonefish,
I go away for one weekend and you guys fall apart! Coincidence? (Probably) Better luck this weekend.

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now, now...

Therapist,

The only tears I shed were ones of joy, beacause afterall, We WON! I'm glad to see the comments are getting under the skin of the JB's, should help make for a better game next time our teams meet. You know, actually make us work for the win. :p

Predictions,

I'm not going to predict scores just the results:

PointGrey over WestSide
NorthShore Ties Richmond
B United over Bombastic
Champlain over NKH

With Champlain and Point Grey winning, the leader board will have a three way tie for first.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we meet next

Godlike,

I agree it should be a better match next time our two sides meet.
Hey Hammer, if you get your head out of your ass, you might find it easier to run on Sunday. See ya on the back line Mickster. :D

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preds for the week

Thought I'd post my prediction for the week since this thread is jumpin' jumppin'

Bosna - 3
NS Faloons - 2

Club I - 4 (just business as usual, score may be lower if captain doesn't play....something like 'my foot hurts' waa...waaa)
PG Rangers 1

Crouts - 3
CHK_SPA and beauty Salon - 1 (would really hope there would be an upset but highly unlikely)

Semen - 1
No-idea, No-skill, nomads - 3

The later has to be the game of the week for the a-side. These two bottom dweller are luck two teams can't get relegated. I give the Nominds the edge with the momentum carried forward from the previous week.

This is not as much fun when there is no opposing teams to TTP on.

Maybe for the sake of this thread the VMSL should amalgimate (sp) the three groups in div2 into two groups.

What do you guys think? Then div1 and div2 would mirror each other. :confused:

iamageniousthatcantspellgeniusormaybeican

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wah Wah....

My foot does hurt and I won't be playing. A trip to a foot surgeon on Tuesday is not a good sign nor is a trip to the hospital to get a bone scan.........

Oh well, I will be drunk by the end of the match. There is always an upside to things.....

Captain

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PointGrey 2 WestSide 0

3:45 and I'm just getting home from work. The club was hopping and the girls were wearing short skirts and tight t's. Came back to my place with a couple of the boys and managed to lure a couple of slutty women with us. Thought I'd pump out the play by play before the X kicks in and I walk into the livingroom as the only one wearing clothes. So here it is...

It wasn't a pretty game: Westside controlled 25% of the game and PointGrey controlled 25%, with the remaining 50% belonging to the ref. Absolutely atrocious officiating. Six yellow cards between two sportsmanlike teams? Admittedly, WestSide came out on the short end of the officiating stick.

Sizing up the competition (fairly big boys WestSide has), PointGrey opted for size and skill over raw speed to start the game. PointGrey opened up the scoring thirty minutes in, with a goal mouth scramble, which found the back of the net. WestSide immediately stormed up the field and one WestSide striker found himself one-on-one with PointGrey's keeper. The striker faked left and the keeper bit. With the keeper going the wrong way the striker cut the ball across the net for a sure goal; so he thought. But as the striker stroked the ball, PointGrey's keeper stretched out his leg and with the last 2mm of his boot, redirected the shot pushing the ball wide of the net. Both teams stood in awe of the mighty keeper, stopping short of a 21 man applause.
Within 10 minutes of the second half starting, PointGrey was up two nothing from a break-away. Neither team lacked quality chances through out the game, the only difference being, WestSide couldn't hit the net if they were two feet in front of it. In all fairness of an unbiased play-by-play ;) WestSide's striker was raped in the box with 15 minutes to go, but the ref was shite and missed the call. In the end, only PointGrey had capitalized and the victory was secured. And PointGrey's star keeper was relieved at not having to eat his words on TTP.

Side note: Davey Glass did not make his season debut this game and is still two or three weaks from being ready.

The season's getting interesting boys, the group is still up for grabs. Who's hungry?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rollin...Rollin..Rollin!!!

First and foremost,

Quote:
Came back to my place with a couple of the boys and managed to lure a couple of slutty women with us. Thought I'd pump out the play by play before the X kicks in and I walk into the livingroom as the only one wearing clothes.

Godlike I'm sure the only girls you picked were the palm sisters....Hairy and Sweaty!!

Anyways,

Club 3
PG Rangers 1

Club I's start was by no means stellar. We looked disorganized and scrammbly. Fortunately so did PG. Around the 30 minute mark our too tall Polish Wonder decided to skin a few players and slot a goal past the PG keeper. The half was highlighted by the brutal tackles PG had on numerous Club I players and of course no calls by the ref. Mr. Germany scwondered (sp?) many chances because his feet are moving before his brain. For example, Victorio (Mr Germany) had a breakaway with one PG player at his heels, instead of turning on the afterburners he somehow got the ball tangled in his feet and fell down. The half end at 1-0. The second was pretty much the same as PG would get the ball carry it to about 30-35 yards out and then lose it. Club I would get the ball bring it down the field, get it into the box only to have it cleared out. Except that the Club I guys were getting tired of being hit by cheep shots and decided to return the favour with some very stragic contact. Around the 55 minute mark one of our towering defensemen slotted in the ball off a corner. He'll have you believe it was a full volley when in reality the ball was sitting on the goal line and just needed to be poked in. At the 60th minute mark the newly crowned Super Sub Doug was brought in and scored within minutes putting Club I up 3-donut. With one minute left the PG striker came up the left wing and banked a goal off of one of our defender's foot to finish the game 3-1. I believe, by the end the season, we will lead the group in goals for and own goals (two so far)

After the game the bevys were flowing with four, count them four, coolers stocked with beer and various other special drinks.

The weather was great, the field was great, the drinks were great, the company was great ...everything was fcuking great!!!

SorryGodlikebutyouleftyourselfwideopenforsomeTTP.

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bite me

The palm sisters?
What are you twelve, and just learning about masturbation?
Creativity boy, you need to get yourself some culutre.

You're not even in our group. :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The beers were flowing......

It wasn't a pretty game but the 8 hours that followed were pretty. This week we had 2 special drinks, fuzzy navels and a Tequila creation that was very tasty. Well done, Ryan and Serge. Mr. Dave Arnold, a common lurker on the site, did a tremendous job with the beer this week. This was an appetizer for a great evening at The Blarney Stone. Thank goodness home games are only once every two weeks, as it gives my liver and my marriage a chance to heal. Next up, a trip to North Van.

Hopefully the foot will be okay, but I am not too optimistic.

Captain who believes Mr. Arnold only made ONE cokc reference yesterday

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Class is in session!!!!

Godlike,

Quote:
get yourself some culutre

What fcuk is "culutre"?:confused:

I may only be twelve but I sure spell a hell of alot better than you!
I don't give a shite about your adventures with the boys and your inflatable (SP?) friends. And yes, we are not in the same group but this is TTP and TTPing I go.

Captain,

I'm impressed....first you show-up late for a previously arranged dinner and then pull off an eight hour drink-a-thon. All this and you are still married? How do you do it? What is your secret? The world wants to know. If I tried that, in the dog house I would be.

BTW: Godlike I got married young and by your calculation..hmmm..I'd say around 8 years old.

bitemegottagothewifescalling:(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spelling patrol

Biteme,

"Alot" is actually two words: namely, "a lot". And I think "culutre" was just a typo. Easy big fella.

Godlike,

No man needs to "learn" about masterbation. We're born with that information; it's genetically programmed. If you needed to learn, who taught you?

Stirringstirringstirring . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts