Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Psssst!

Where have you been playing? Fifa rules state that the width must be between 50 to 100 yards. 75 is just about right.

Nevertheless, don't tell anyone I told you, but you can blame it on Number 2. He did it.

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field size

I'm not saying the field isn't legal. Most fields in Vancouver are 60 to 70 yards wide. David Lam is 66 yards. It doesn't sound like much but 10 extra yards to the width adds up to a lot for old legs like mine (and most of your team actually). That said I prefer your larger than usual pitch to those smaller ones (you ever play on Rogers Park?). Actually North Shore JB's pitch (Cleveland) seems quite a bit smaller. I didn't walk it out though so perhaps its an optical illusion.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cleveland Park is like a landing strip. Personally, I like Montgomery's size -- I like more than 5 or 6 yards between the 18 and the touch line.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In concern to our park size, I do believe that Cleveland is wee bit short in terms of width..my guess would be a width of 60 yards, but hey what the hell do I know, it is too wide for my old legs to huff & puff my fat ass across the field anyway...maybe I will switch from centre mid to sweeper...hey mickster I think it is time for a change on the backline....look at our goals against compared to our goals against last year....kidding...maybe we our facing more quality forwards who can finish....NAH!!!!!! do not believe that concept.

Speaking of forwards, does anyone know if Dave Glass is playing up front with Point Grey this year????? Played last year in our cup game against us, potted two very nice goals,,,we had to wake up in the 2nd half down 3-nil and our forward "Super sub Marc had to drive in 4 goals to advance the Beam to the finals!!!

beammeout

Hammer

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Montgomery Park

Yes, I lined the pitch on Saturday morning. That 's why I only lasted 45 minutes of the game.

However, I only followed the lines that were already on the field... and as keeper did all the lining of Montgomery last year for Kerrisdale I'll blame him for the size.

I must add though that I don't find the size of the field all that unusual for Vancouver.

but that's just my number 2 cents.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions...

These are my uneducated predictions for the weekend....for div 2A

Pt Grey - 2
Bosna - 3 (will carry a commanding 3-0 lead until the break-down in the last 25 and then will hold under pressure. Lots of cursing at each other)

Nomads - 1 (always seems to get just one)
CHKSPA - 3 (don't know much about them..strange name:confused: )

NS Falcons - 2
Alemania - 2 (the beginning of the end of the yermans)

westside semen - 2 (where do these guys get off with a name like that)
The might I - 3 (we will take them lightly for the first 15 and then decide to finish them off):cool:

bitemecantcomplainabouttheweather...sunpredictedforsunday!! :D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Predictions

Hopefully the weather will hold cause I hate drinking beer in the rain. Here are my predictions for div 2C.

Bombastic 3 - NK Hrvatska 2

Richmond Cougars 1 - Champlain Heights 1 (hope for a tie)

B United 0 - Westside Knights 2 (i'd love a tie or an upset)

Pt Grey 2 - Jim Beam 3

Should be interesting as the Knights try to hold their lead atop the division. I'd love to see an early loss by you guys to keep the league interesting. Good luck to all.......

Mickster

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beamers...where are you.

I heard alot from the JB's in the summer but it seems like they are AWOL. anyone one of you out there?

Mickster,

Who do you play for, B United?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biteme,

Mickster is a JB, and you're right, they were talking a lot during the summer. And more so, they were AWOL during the JB-Knights match. ;)

Predictions:

Bombastic 3 - 3 NK Hrvatska (Low scoring until the flood gates open 20 minutes from the end)

Richmond Cougars 2 - 0 Champlain Heights (Champlain will be lucky to keep it this low)

B United 1 - 3 Westside Knights (United takes an early lead, Knights come back)

Pt Grey 1 - 1 Jim Beam (No one wants to make mistakes in this one -- almost too close to call)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beam For Life

Yes it's true. I'm with Team Beam. After a strong year last winter and a decent summer performance we were a confident bunch heading into this year. We just haven't performed up to our expectations. A couple of weddings this year so far have hurt us but its sad that we have to rely on one or two guys to win a game when our team is good enough to beat anyone in this league. We were missing a key guy against the knights but should have beat them anyway. Our defense was shocking. Today against Pt. Grey we'll be missing even more and have a few hangovers as one of the weddings was last night. Hopefully we'll be able to pull off the win as we need to keep pace with the Knights and Champlain. I'm sure the knights won't go undefeated the entire year but don't want our guys to fall too far behind at the start or it will be difficult to catch anyone come the end of the year. Once we get all our guys out again and start to thump teams like we know we can, then I'm sure you'll all be sick and tired of us again. Congrats on your saturday wins, hope we can do the same.

Mickster

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Report

Bombastic 3 NK Hrvatska 0

Fairly tame affair. Bombastic went up 1-0 just before the half time whistle on a penalty. They brought on a couple of behemouth players in the second half but couldn't get the crosses in to make them effective. Bombastic scored again in about the 70th minute and then popped in a third on a breakaway with about 7 or 8 minutes to go with NK pushing everyone forward.

Nice to get a clean sheet after our first two disasters (some would say three but the loss against Knights wasn't a disaster - it was merely annoying).

B United next week at their home park. Any Knights want to give us a scouting report on the state of Strathcona right now?

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Report

Knights 3 :D B United 0

Worst referee so far this year. Strathcona has got to be the biggest cow pasture in the city - but we found no needles. The field is mostly made up of dandilions/weeds.

We started off brutally slow and disorganized as we only had 9 men at kickoff with another 3 getting out of their cars. They were all over us for the first 20 minutes but then on a counter attack one of their defenders took down one of ours away from the play in the box. PK - 1:0. From then on, we settled it down by basically playing a game of keep away. Second half they scored an OG from, get this, 35-40 yards. Great pass back!! 10 minutes to go and a wide open winger chipped it in for 3 - 0.

Pt.Grey next week. Hope you tie N.Shore today. In fact I'd wish all you other teams play a couple of ties amongst yourselves.:p

number 2

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????

Off the excellent site itself...

Pt. Grey Utd. 4-0 North Shore JB’s :eek:

... mickster, what happened? Out boozin' it yesterday? ... or just on the field during the game... They can't be that good can they? You guys have been the toughest we've seen so far and I find it hard to see you not even putting up a fight...
:confused:

do tell!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 5 Westside C-Men 0

We were up 4 - 0 at the half and were playing quite well. The second half was very poor though but Westside deserve credit for battling through right until the end. It was a very clean game and they it was an enjoyable game to play in, until I did my foot again. We finished the last 15 minutes or so with 10 men, since we had used up our 5 subs. More importantly, we ran out of beer for the second week running and I am very concerned with management. He arrived in last night at 8:45 from Vegas and didn't go directly to the liquor store. Instead he bought from the cold beer and wine store, and picked up 30. VERY WEAK . We then managed to sneak a couple in at the Elephand and Walk, along with the $3.99 Cajun Chicken burger.

Captain who should be out for a couple of weeks....:(

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
30 beer?!?!

Captain,

If it was Croatia, we'd send that managers ass back to the beer store to go get some more.....threats of violence will usually presuede(sp) him....;)

Btw, did you get in on any of the scoring?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprisingly, yes

Yes, I actally managed goal today, the all important fifth marker. This was the back breaker for Westside as they were taking to us at that point. :) Unfortunately, this is when I managed to injure myself. Oh well....

As for the manager, he does a great job, generally. His performance of the last 2 weeks has been weak but we seem to be making good money on the sales. Next Saturday will be very good since TWO players will be bringing the special drinks and we have been assured of at least 60 beer.........

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alemania still holding strong.....

SEPTEMBER 29/30
GP
W
T
L
GF
GA
PTS

Alemania SC

Club Ireland

Bosna SC

North Shore Falcons

Nomads

CHKSPA

Point Grey Rangers “B”

Westside C-men

WTF? Sorry about the formatting. Anyway, Alemania are certainly going to be tough to pass at this rate......

Captain

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all concerned;

NSU Jim Beam absoultley shite the bed yesterday.... We had 1 sub, 2 injured players on the pitch & 5 regulars missing and our goalie. For those out on the pitch (myself included) very hung over from a wedding the previous nite!! We controlled most of play, their defence was shocking, I have never seen so many toe-punts in my life. Biggest hurdle - shooting, we could not even hit the side of Rita McNeill's ass, I have never seen us shoot that badly before.

Their keeper made one good save (only shot on goal). First goal was shocking (error made on goalies part) but can't blame as goal is not his strong postion. 10 min later, scored on a pk. Down 2-nil at half...started pushing all 10 up with one back...got caught on quick transition (toe punt down the field) for two more breakaway goals.....Our shots on net ratio 1/10 we are not going to win any games if our shooting does not improve.

The beam beat itself, Point Grey is not that strong...words cannot accurately describe how we played and how I feel right now..

Think I will call in sick today and drown my sorrows in a big bottle of BEAM!!!

beametothebottom

:confused:

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Comment

Number 2, the game between us and PG went pretty much as Hammer described. We had half our team out but unfortunately it was the shite half, me included. Our ball control was shite, our passing was off, our shooting was off, everything was off. The ref was bad, but bad for both teams. The park was in decent shape and as always very windy which always seems to screw us up for a goal or two every time we play on the field. Time for us to go back to basics I think. On the other hand we just wanted to give you guys a head start and give ourselves a real challange for the rest of the year. If we lose another we are out of the running so hopefully we'll put a few wins together and still try to give you guys a good run. PG shouldn't be a problem for you guys next week, but I can always hope for a tie.

Mickster out............out of beam!!!

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable!!

:confused: I was sent a link to this thread by a team-mate. After reading Hammer's comments, and then supplemented by Mickster, I found it completely impossible not to register. This ego stroking needs to stop! Only through constructive criticism and acknowledgement of the truth, can the JB's hope to improve.

You dominated most of the game but were unable to get a shot on net?:(

Lets set this straight: The entire first half was dominated by Point Grey. The first goal PG scored was admittedly, lucky: Hard shot from an impossible angle off the keeper's shoulder and in. Throughout the first half JB had no answer for the speed of PG's strikers and wingers. JB's only solution was a continous barrage of rugby-like tackles. This eventually led to a professional foul in the box and a well deserved goal from the spot. JB managed only one real scoring chance in that half, which yes, thank-you, I saved well.
The second half started much like the first, with PG's speed dominating JB's mid-field and defence. After scoring two quick goals, PG decided to substitute the strikers and the quicker of the mid-fielders, for fear of injury from the constant hacking. This is when the JB's started to dominate the game. With lack of fore-checking and serious threat of offence, PG fell back on it's heals and spent the remainder of the game in it's own end, perhaps 30 minutes. JB did manage several scoring chances but were unable to finish, either knocking the ball wide of the net or shooting directly at the keeper. I believe, two shots, in that time did require a diving effort for the save, which I did make in spectacular fashion. In the end JB didn't pose any real threat.

The ref's name is John. We all know who he is, and we all grimace when we see him arrive at the pitch; probably the worst ref in the league. But in fairness of sport, he is bad for both teams win or lose.

A side note - PG's only loss, coming against Champlain Heights, occured when seven of their starters including their star Keeper, were out with injury. PG's most recent game (NV JB's) featured the debut return of one of our two superstar strikers, who had been in Europe for the start of the season (he scored two goals in the game). PG's other star striker is set to make his debut return in next week's game.

The record has been set straight and the proof will be in the victory PG will have over West Side next weekend.

Tremble boys -- We're comin' :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0