Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riff Raff

Therapist, we didn't get rid of all our riff raff cause if we did we wouldn't have a midfield, but maybe that's a thought for next year.

Senior, I've got some piss water for you........

Captain, between your cracking drinks and our beer/beam cooler combination we could have quite the party. Maybe we should try to arrange an exhibition game sometime otherwise we'll have to wait for cup play to see if we can meet for our big booze up.

Keeper, you are correct, we the Beam did not play the Knights last year - it was Clearnet. The Beam did play the Knights 2 years ago and I think the games were very close but I suspect it will be two very different teams from 2 years ago.

Cheers to all....

Mickster

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a plan....

The exhibition game sounds good and the post-game show sounds even better. Once Minoru opens, it is pretty easy for us to get games, but they don't usually start until aroud 8:30-8:45, and usually on Monday or Tuesday. Send me an e-mail, whenever you want to set up a game. Good luck this weekend.

Captain

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickester, Senior,Bonefish et al. Looking forward to the outing on Sat, as i was very disappointed to miss our home game opener..Think it is going to be a good game. Keeper/number2 do you still have Carey Lewis playing with you?? used to play with us, if so tell him to bring his left foot!!! Talented player and nice guy, but easy to check, just goes one way.... My prediction: Jim Beam 5 - Knights 2. I think i will step up and pot 2...therapist keep yer head up and thread the ball on my feet laddy, not the back of my arse!!!

Mickster, who is stocking the cooler this weekend??? me or you?
Does this mean Senior will drink beer instead of those damn fruity umbrella drinks!!!!

:rolleyes: beammetotherimbaby!!

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carey Louis

Carey Louis turned out to be rif raf. Nice enough guy but the last time I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago he said he didn't think we we're good enough for this year. Can't really blame him as the practice at which he made this statement, we only had 6 guys.

As for being wrong about playing you guys (Jim Beam) last year or the year before. Does it really matter if we played NS Clearnet last year instead? Both teams wore blue/white. And is that a prerequisite to play on the north shore? Wearing Blue and White?

Still,
Should be a good one on Saturday. I predict Knight 3 - Jim Beam 1 and myself at least 90 minutes (by the cooler). ;)

'til the weekend.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammer,

Apparently I'm rif-raf as well.

Keeperwho'llbewatchingNumber2sweatin'withtheoldies

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doffing the blue and white

number 2, you'll be glad to know that we no longer are blue and white. Black and white. Not that it matters. I'll see you guys by your cooler, because of the many alcoholics on Beam, our cooler will be empty very fast. Prediction: Beam 3 - Knights 1. (totally biased prediction of course)
And Hammer, that'll be you laying the ball to my feet! :)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fueled by reality

Overheard on the sidelines:
They're younger than us, fitter than us, faster than us, and better coached than us. Now get out there and play.
Knights 4 - 3 NS JB's

That was fun to watch.

Keeperwhocan'tbelieveNumber2lastedall90minutes :eek:

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it's true

What happened... I don't know...

Yes we won.

more to come after I put the kids to bed.

Number 2

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knights/Beam

Congrats Knights. You deserved it on this day. We definately weren't ourselves today and you guys took good advantage of it. Carefull of the rematch though as I think this is a wake up call to the rest of my teamates. TEAM defence was terrible, and that was the difference.
Good game you guys, and for Beam, I hope we all remember the bitter taste of defeat.

disappointedsomuchthatbeertasteslikepiss

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EEEEEEZZZZZZZYYYYY

Club Ireland 3 Bosna 0

They had 11 tin men. No heart.

Much better than last week. It was nice to have a goalie, no disrespect to Biteme. They were fcuking shocking much like my drinking tonight.......

Captain

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEYYYY!!!

Captain,

I resemble that comment!!!

BTW. How was the fund raiser?

Who's the champ? Mr X? Did he wear his mask, cape and Wraaslin' tights?

Any notable kits and/or events?

:confused:

Well off to the div. 3 game.
I guess I've been demoted after last weeks performance.
Good thing is the fact that I don't have to play keeper? :D

In coclusion I'd like to quote coach Jimmy "Like In Russian, Moscow (MUSGOOW)":(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. X didn't win

Biteme,

The fundraiser went well. I probably had the worst kit but Jimmy's shirt wasn't far behind. Mr. X didn't wear the mask because I forgot to bring it.... I lost the one darts match that I played to Mike Halsey-Brandt but it wasn't official because the chair that we were using for the line, was not the required 1.45 meters. So essentially the game was moot .

Captain

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of interesting results over the weekend. What the hell happened to Bombastic A over the weekend. I didn't think that Richmond was suppose to be all that strong. Good for Club I to bounce back from last weeks trouncing. And good for the Primos to knock of last years cup winners 5-4 in what sounds like it must have been an entertaining game.

As for our game.......I hate losing...2 weeks in a row we have come out after halftime and been shite. 2 pk's against in 2 weeks doesn't help either. Three goals should win us the game but our D seems to suck this year, another year older and slower I guess. 6 goals against already this year when we only gave up 7 all of last year, wtf. Definitely time for us to shape up or fighting against relegation may be more realistic than fighting for promotion.

Congrats to the Knights and the "ancient" bearded one who netted 2 goals in his 5 minutes on the park and seems to do so every time we play you. Good luck the rest of the year and line your park. We'll get you next time!!!

Mickster

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster,

As for our game.......I love winning...2 weeks in a row. :D

Thanks for the congrats. You should of heard the "ancient" bearded one's pregame talk. It went somewhere along the lines of telling us that they're younger than us, faster than us, bigger than us and pretty much better than us... so go have fun or whatever . But he has always had the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

I thought you guys were all over us for most of the game although I'll agree with you that you seemed a bit flat to start the second half. It looked like you took your best players off at halftime. :confused: What's up with that? Our second and third goals, I thought, came against the play to make it 3:2 and the fourth only on the counter while you were pushing. The pk? I never saw it and even had to ask your #21 what happened.

Number2

bombasticsnextweekwillwemakeitthreeinarow?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I'll agree with you that you seemed a bit flat to start the second half"

Flat out tired was more like it....Sat's game underscored the need for our team to get into better shape... Speaking for myself-TwoBadWheels both of which are left feet.... I thought I blew a gasket near the end of the first half. Defense will have to get a little more organization as well. 7 goals against all last year...six after two games this year...Ouch. There are some new faces on the back line however.

Kudos to you all for keeping your heads up after we took and retook the lead in the first half. I think that If I had laid off the punch the night before, I would have been able to convert some of those through balls past your defense. They are pretty solid with positioning but slow.

Anyways, I don't expect you to lose next weekend and we better get a victory and some GoalsFor out of B United. I won't be there for the occasion as I have some "bones to pick" in Bermuda. Lets see....Flyfishing in the sandy flats of Bermuda or.....Kicking the shite out of elevated div3 fodder....I think I will take the former. Although my kit will be coming with me for some cross training in between hoisting bevies on the beach and slamming bonefish on the fly in 80 degree water. Cya all in a couple of weeks.

--Bonefish--
StillsomewhatsoreafterhittingWestSide'skeeperanddroppin3points

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:( :mad:

Kudos to the Knights on their victory over us last weekend.
I believe the best team won on THAT DAY... not to knock your win, but we really played like a bunch of girls out there....we play our best when we bang and are physical...I did not see one good tackle out of our lads the whole bloody game!!!! Our off the ball movement was complete shite...I am still upset over our play, oh well cest la vie, there will be next time, on a better pitch that is lined...what the hell was up with the lines??????? not using this as an excuse. I was very pleased with the officating??? NOT. Vince is one big piece of shite!!!! Now, he may not be the worst out there, but for christs sake, take the bloody whistle out of yer mouth...he was so trigger happy to blow the damn thing, never once played advantage, broke up the play, and I think any form of BLOW he will get will come from his whistle!!

I would far rather have a ref that is shite, not call anything and let the game dictate the style of play than peter the pied piper tooting his horn and carding anyone who farts in his general direction!

Enough regressing, good win.
Be scared, very scared on our next meeting!!!
cheers
Hammer

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3 - 0

Yes the Westside Knights, can you believe it, are 3 and 0. Regs you called the win

Knights 3 - Bombastic 1

I was tired and came out at half because of a head ache. Yes I'm wimping out. It was my fifth wedding aniversary yesterday and we finished off 3 bottles of wine/champagne ($85 - pretty good stuff too.)

All complaints aside... we were the better team. They were louder. Especially their number 44 center forward. But we deserved the win. No contest. Yes the ref was a bag. He even left with all of our cards. I discussed it with marty before the the ref eventually returned (appogetically (sp)) with both teams cards.(seeash ... second , bear league, div)...

3 - 0 and lots of beer ... gotta love it...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bilini's were flowing.......

Club Ireland 5 Nomads 1

We had control from the start. They were game for the first half, holding us off the score sheet until the last minute. We scored immediately after the kick-off and that was pretty much it.

Coolhead did a fantastic job with the Bilinis(sp?) and Biteme did well cooking the horse's willies on the Bar-B. Overall, a great afternoon that once again had a direct impact on my marriage, as I was 2 hours late for a function that we had to attend. That goes with the territory when you have to go for another beer run as our supply went dry around 5:30......

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Save a little something for the game

Marty,

I was shocked and amazed at the amount of preparation Bombastic goes through during the pre-game warm up. Normally, most teams run their practices during the week and then play on the weekend. I've never seen a team do both, back to back. Good on ya.

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pre Game

Well... It's not really helping is it!?

Bombastic have plenty of players with skill - but getting them to combine as a team and play with confidence has been difficult. This is largely due to the fact that 3 or 4 core A team players have yet to play this season due to long term injuries. However, we are improving. We even started switching the play in the second half... Can you imagine!!!

Like I said before at the park, we've given up 10 goals in total in the final 30 minutes of our first two games. This time we finally put in a decent effort until the end - and the first place team needed two offside goals to beat us!... and we also had an obvious penalty denied us late in the 2nd when it was still 2-1.
...and of course I blew it on that breakaway in the first half just before you scored your second (which was my mark as well!).

Who lined Montgomery? It's 75 yards wide! I almost had a friggin' heart attack trying to exploit all that space I had on the left wing. On a positive note it did inspire me to start running again.

I'm not happy being 0-3 but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And at least we are 0-3 against the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place clubs. We will truly be in crisis mode if we don't pick up three points against NK this weekend. But I suppose they'll be as pumped to stop the rot as we are.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0