Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos/ JBs

Mick, Spud, Bone,

So we get to play you guys next week, albeit likely not on Cleveland South (aka mudpit) ... sounds like it should be a good game as you have a new keeper. Let's hope for a clean game with fair tackles, as Primos-JB games normally go :rolleyes: ;)

I think we should all have a pool here - who will be the first team to beat CA??? Or will they be beaten at all? Either one of Primos, EW, Blaze all have legitiamate shots at winning with the Blaze probably the most likely judging from the standings. But smart money says these guys go undefeated for the year?

Maradonna

Sep 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who will beat Cliff Ave...?

Gentlemen & Teelay,

I think that we all agree these Cliff Ave guys are a great team and a good bunch of guys. (except for maybe the controversial pink thong or was it pink "thing" incident...?)

I would pay money to see the City FC rematch as I think the CA guy in the back line is going to beat the living hell out of Zoolander for the cheap foot stomp in game 1. Italians have very good memories...
IMO City will lose this game on "fear factor" alone.

Elephants Walk will also lose as without Fazio they have no offense. (most evident in yesterday's Primo's win)

Primo's have the best chance of beating this All-star Orange clad cast. The first 45 minutes of the last match was tied at the half. Cliff Ave opened it up bigtime in the second half and Primo's lost heart, confidence and the game as a result.

Having said that - I think we're all waiting for teams like Champlain, C-men & NSU Jim Beam to step up and start to challenge for their place at the table...

Regardless of this year's outcome - I am looking for Jim Beam to host a Metro Soccer Xmas party complete with the Beam, Babes & BS.

Mr. Daypotato Head...?

Maradonna

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feild for Primos vs JB

Well I have no friggin idea as to where we might be playing. If the leaguehas its way we won't be allowed on any fields any time soon as we have probably closed down the last two fields we played on for the rest of the rainy season.

I would like to say a little prayer for Clevland South now as we definetly killed her two weeks ago.

"She was a good pitch, she was a narrow pitch, but after the rain and a hard fought game the good pitch reminds me now of a good ditch."

Amen.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll probably be playing in the skateboard bowl at Griffin. I hear it has good drainage.

As for CA, they will win promotion hands down. There is no challenge from the rest of the group. I just don't see them losing. Unfortunately, two losses pretty much sink any teams chances, as we have felt the last two seasons.

Biteme,

Damnit, if you hadn;t headed that ball I would have picked up the assist to Dapotayto's goal, thus taking me off of the shite list!! FCUK! Oh well, I'll stick to my 50 yard chances! Thanks for the bevies, it was good to meet ya. Nice bunch of guys to play. Shite park though.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Insomnia??

2:31AM Therapist??? Yikes - having nightmares about the upcoming game or something?? :p

Despite a change in the forecast this upcoming weekend, I don't know if the municipalities will open fields after the drenching we've experienced the past 24 hours. Griffin seems our best bet for sure. A Friday evening game perhaps???

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Griffin would be nice. I could roll out of bed at 1pm, walk over to "The Village":rolleyes: for a cup o' joe, and saunter down to the pitch for some footie. Then a short, drunken stumble home to make sweet, sweet love to my pillow for a short nap followed by ten more beer, three hundred cigarettes and a couple of Watcher's special 'tumbleweed' rockets, the Ward v. Gatti II fight at the pub at which I will invite all the patrons to go fishing with me although I don't fish, all the while fighting off the N.V. cougar packs with a maxed out credit card (BTW, Big Bird I need your address so I have something to give the cougars to brush them off! Cheers, mate). Let's hope it happens!

Regardless of this year's outcome - I am looking for Jim Beam to host a Metro Soccer Xmas
party complete with the Beam, Babes & BS.

Sounds good except the Beam part. No one actually drinks that do they?

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmm cougars

Dapotayto I am always glad to help out one of my fellow footie brothers.

You send the "spares" to 1053 YOURMOMSHOUSE LANE or just have them email me at suckmebeautifull@callmenova.com

I will have the ky,paper bags and oyster shuckers ready to "crack" open a few of those "experienced" birds.

I'll keep the 36 volt battery and jumper wires handy just in case things get real interesting.

Maybe therapist or should I say the rapist can join the party??!!

He JB's do you guys recommend multi's for the skateboard bowl or should I go for a longer cleat? It's a tough call for me. I hope we win the toss and get the bowl end for the second half, its tough running uphill the second 45 mins.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 CAT

I was happy to let this issue rest, however this past weekend's events warrants a revisit.

Sikh Temple beat the Rangers 5-3 in an attrocious example of self-destruction if I'd ever seen one. First a 2-0 lead handed over, and then a 3-2 lead, only to be painfully bumbled into a 5-3 loss.

But what really disturbs me is the fact that yet another Sikh Temple player was dinged for throwing a punch. Please note I'm not drawing any connections to the Div 1 team, but what the fcuk is up with your lot? I shouldn't need to remind anyone about the numerous abandonments, fights, and skirmishes that have occured -- all in Sikh Temple games, all this year.

Before, it was an amusing coincidence -- now it's become an annoying fact: get under Sikh Temple's skin and they start throwing punches, elbows, and becoming unecessarily violent.

It's time to knock that sh!t off. :mad:

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmmmmm..........party!

The good thing about NV cougar is that you don't have to worry about getting them off, if you're done and they are not, they will get themselves off. The bonus is that you get a front row seat!

(What the Fcuk do I know, I'm here changing diapers and smelling like recycled formula...........party on!)

KID #11

Apr 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple Takes Over Top Spot!!!

hey Keeper,

First things first, our player wasn't ejected from the game for throwing a punch, he along with one of your players were ejected from the game because of rough play. And since it happened on our sidelines where I was standing, i think I had the better view of the altercation. The ref never said anything about a punch being thrown by anyone, all he said was they were both tossed for the pushing and shoving, which to you guys might be considered punching.

Secondly, I believe it was your player who started the whole thing, as he took out one of our players and then wouldn't let him get him which led to scrum, and after the fact he continued to challenge our player who was walking away from him. Also, that was the only incident that occured through the game and it was not a determining factor, so why do you need to come on here and talk all this crap. Overall, both teams battled hard in a really exciting game, so don't sit there and try to say that our team is out of control.

:wa: kid#11, speaking on behalf of the CAT team.

P.S: By the way Temple was victorious over WFC and takes over top spot the Div.2 CAT

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

Give it a rest.....no point stirring the pot.....what do you have to gain?????

You guys lost...end of story.....
Temple was only suppose to win two games this year:rolleyes:
and lose again to you guys:rolleyes:

End of story........

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ST

Controversy seems to follow ST around ... it's not just a coincidence that when sh!t hits the fan, ST is involved - must be something to it. Maybe I'll try and come out and watch a game or 2 for some Sunday entertainment... :cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kid#11,

1. I had a perfect and direct view (through a 210mm zoom-lens, no less) of a right-handed punch thrown by the carded Sikh Temple player. I guarantee you: it happened.

2. The ref specifically said that the S.T. card was for a punch, and the WFC card was for "rough play". In my opinion, the (young) ref didn't have the guts to chuck the S.T. player on his own. It was a poor call on his part -- a yellow at most.

3. I'm not at all trying to bring this up as a "determining factor" for the game, however, I am sitting here and suggesting that your team does seem to be out of control. And you haven't addressed this fact: your team has been in numerous altercations with other teams throughout the year. This may be due only to a select few individuals, however, it reflects your whole team.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper....

It takes two to tango......Some people may be light headed but the opposition must be pressing the right buttons to get what perhaps he (or she:eek: ) deserves......why trash talk if you can't handle backing it up.....I'm not saying just throwing a punch right off the bat, but I'm sure particular player's will try and crank you in a dirty tackle before it exceeds. I personally thought it was a good game and I'm sure your player's will agree that the game started getting dirty when we went up 5-3......and why would we want to start shite then.....why not when it was 2-0 when we were frustrated at the time? All in all, it was a very entertaining game win or lose!

Hard Ballz

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
Kid#11,

1. I had a perfect and direct view (through a 210mm zoom-lens, no less) of a right-handed punch thrown by the carded Sikh Temple player. I guarantee you: it happened.

2. The ref specifically said that the S.T. card was for a punch, and the WFC card was for "rough play".

Point 1----You also
guranteed Temple would lose the next time we played:D
You also guranteed we would only win two games this year:D

So I wouldn't be coming on here and making ANY MORE gurantees:rolleyes:

The WFC card was for rough play.......nuff said

Other than that...heard it was a good game....both teams played hard...and things got chippy once Temple took the lead....interesting

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, you're both correct -- on one point only: it was an entertaining game. No disagreement there. However, the cards came when it was 3-3.

Gurps,
heard it was a good game
If you didn't even see it, quit trying to argue against me. :rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't arguing.....

I said you have made GURANTEES in the past...none of them came true....

Where am i arguing with you in the above post?

Thought so:rolleyes:

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tater,

I think that is our problem this year, we have not experienced the smooth,smoky, velvet feel of beam running down yer throat! In years past, it was a bottle a game tradition resulting in more checks for us in the win column.

good outing on the weekend. CH was fun to play (a nice change from the cheap cnuts on City/EW who misunderstand hard tackles from cheap ones.

Bite me nice to meet you after the game, a quick observation, your small persian striker would be a more effective player if he zipped all of his "oral" bitching on the pitch and redirected towards his footie skills ;) On a side note, I appologize for the take down football tackle in the box. Was a little pissed at your player who was hanging all over me (kind of like the cougs on last call down at the av-hey tater?)

Was glad not to see any color in the form of a card for that.

Liked the ref though, thought he has been one of our best this year ( for the 4 games hammer has played).

As for CA prediction, I think they have loss or two in them before the season wraps...

looking forward to playing Primos if the knee heals in time!

beamalwaysinneverout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0