Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 Centro Ameicano Whiners 0

First half was not too exciting with both teams onley getting a couple of chances with no result.
Second half it seemed like Langley came to life as they pretty well dominated the rest of the game and if it wasn't for their keeper we could have put them away in the first ten minutes of the second. At about the 25 minute mark, with Langley pressing hard and Centro tacking even harder Pegs knocks in a great first time volley to put us up 1- 0.
With about 15 left in the game one of Centro's player takes his second yellow and decides to spit on the ref ( smart move dumbass) in which the ref decides he's finally had enough and calls the game.
Hopefully the wins will keep comingand Demo hopes to be back in the line up within the next 2 weeks to add some fire power up on the front line :wa: :wa:

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Rangers 2, Aldergrove 0

Another lacklustre performance by the Rangers. Seems like we're just doing enough to get by. Gary "Gazza" McCann and Gordo took care of the scoring as Aldergrove's chances were kept to a minimum. Now we head into the second half of the schedule with Christmas rapidly approaching. Of course, you all know what that means. Presents, eggnog, and the Rangers clinching another league title.:cool::D

p.s. Are the Highlanders shooting for relegation?

SF

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 3 Highlanders 0

Wasn't at the game, but I hear we played well in the 1st half, just did not score (that's surprising?). 2nd half we made some changes but didn't play as well. One goal and the fragile psyche is shot with our team. Final 2 goals came late when we were sending more guys forward.

Looks like more trouble this week with us travelling to 2nd place Poco, an injury and a suspension.:(

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo, well done.
Is that two in a row for you?
Langley's coming on Lads.

Alouette too with a good result.

Centro Americano with a red card?
Jeez, that's too bad.
Who do they play next week? :cool:
I hope the guy's gone forever quite frankly.

Aldergrove played well which made it lacklustre from our point as Silver Fox said.
But, they didn't really have any chances to threaten as Bear made sure of that in the second half.
I'm just glad he kept his plus/minus respectable for once. ;)
If we don't start finishing our chances (Your's truly definitely included) we will get smoked in the Pak Cup run.

Biggest disappointment though was the Old Fossil (And you all ask - Which one?) being named Man of the Match.
Absolute crap.

:D

Did someone just say Eggnog?

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
next...lawn bowling!

So again we lose with a good effort early. One goal against us and the positioning on the field goes to a div. 5 womens team. We are such a distraught team right now and need some lucky bounces to kill this huge slide. Goals have been hard to come by I tell ya! We have to start finishing! Relegation lurking who would have thought? Oh well we'll have to pick ourselves up and look forward to Poco next week.

Gnu did a good job! Oscar gets next week by the sounds of it.
MC YC as Millhouse put it. Keep working hard defense you'll get some help up front soon.

Good win Razor, you punk!
I think to beat the Rangers we'll have to spike the eggnog heavily and then some.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the Highlanders need is to play the Associates. We'll give you a win.:(

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'll take it

right now i would take 0-0 draw that would be a huge victory for us. The only positive from the weekend besides the hug from rocko(correct spelling) was the boys still stay for the pints win lose or draw more lose than anything

ichi fa nee

Oct 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU Razor as far as I can remember your team still has not been promoted from Division 2 and are not worthy of a Division 1 spot. The games you have won this season were pure luck and probably came about from the other team becoming annoyed of that screaming psychotic old man you guys call a coach. Tell him to have another one. Cannot wait to see you on the field you hacker. Oh I forgot you just suit up and never play.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus...

Far be it for me to come to Razor's defense (the first and last time), but if I recall, they didn't do so badly last year in Premier...I think they even qualified for Provincials, didn't they?

I don't agree with whatever reasons he had for demoting them down to 1st, but, they have built a pretty solid youth system. I know, because we played against that U-21 team (more like a U-19 team) in the Burnaby Summer League, and those kids had skill & pace.

It pains me to say, but the club is rebuilding the right way.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong Coach

Dude:

I believe Gary Corr coached the Premier side and when he left so did the side. AU Razor didn't have the talent so he suicided out of Premier. Now that question deserves a thread!! Faced with the same decision, would you play Premier, do the best you can to keep it positive and keep the team together, or fold and go down to div. 1?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've already addressed this way back. I'd stick it out. You never know what can happen over the course of a season.

Still, that's sort of a seperate issue.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Itchy fanny:

It could be a wind up, but have you looked at their results or seen Razor play this year?

I kind of have to disagree with you on this one.

But bring back a six pack of Kirins, some Yakisoba and a couple of Dynamite rolls and let's discuss.

:cool:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slump Shortened

The Highlander losing streak has been reduced to 2 games rather than 5. The FVSL awarded us a 1-0 victory in our game at Aldergrove Oct 20 because they used a suspended player.

Generally not the way I would prefer to win, but with relegation looking more and more possible, we'll take it and run!

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMH sticking together?

Has this tough streak that DMH is in the middle of (or at the end of?) caused any team problems? I suggest a team bonding session away from the beer cooler:D

How about laser bowling with the losing 4-some having to wash Millhouse's laundry? Eeeeewwww.

How about standing in front of the liqour store collecting beer money in their DMH toques? The player with the least collected has to smell GNU's gloves followed by shots of JD until they pass out.

Now these events could be fun and just what the Highlanders need. Ummmm, maybe not. Disregard my post and just try going to the cooler BEFORE the games....this could make play a bit more relaxed! God knows it works at every summer tourny:D

:wa:

CDwashopingDMHwouldchallengeRangersasno-oneelseseemswillingorable:rolleyes:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD can't handle his JD

Once again I come to see what banter has been brought up since my last post and what do I find....CD stirring the pot again. Now you've given Millhouse too many ideas for the rookie night and that means I'm in trouble. I don't do laundry of anybodys except my own.

Cheap coronas will be bad enough thanks.

I don't own a DMH toque anyways so I'm good on the liquor store act.

Kareoke Saturday night yahooooo!:wa: :wa: :wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rookie night Saturday?
Nothing like a good hangover to get back on track with a win on Sunday.
C'mon Vollio, you need to knock off PoCo to insure the current buffer the Rangers enjoy.
They're a little to close for my liking.
Fcuking PoCo guys. :mad: :rolleyes:

Speaking of Coronas, it would be nice if Centro-Americano have a team party as well Saturday.
I just hope the refried beans are kept to a minimum.
We could be in tough against Speedy Gonzalez FC.

Good luck this weekend boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0