Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to carry on with our undefeated second half

Yeah I know stretching it a bit...just a bit, but we need to carry on with our good play of last game. I think the Highlanders need more rain.

HV will be hurting Sunday after his half-marathon but will be at the game ready to crawl along the sidelines. Looking forward to playing Surrey Sporting as I missed our first game. If we come out like we did last Sunday we'll be fine boys!

I agree Ranger...ready no, able maybe.

I just want to say I don't think we should make too many changes either. Mind you I'm not the coach so...

Good coaching last Sunday Yak!

So when's the next Highlander party? Awesome time!

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HV's on a high!

Dear HV: I love your enthusiasm for the game, your love for your Highlander mates, and the pickles that were prodding you at Roosters! It reminds me of this one time, at band camp....no actually, your giddiness (is that a word?) and constant ray of hope reminds me of any 12 year old girl that just got her first copy of Tiger Beat. You know, the one with Nsync on the cover:D

As far as Coach getting excited about the Rangers "dream season". I hope that was said with tongue in cheek! The dream season tag should not be labelled on a team that has won mightily at a higher level (and should probably be playing at that higher level), drops down 1 notch, and handily beats their competition. If the Lakers played in March madness and ran the table, would it be the Lakers "dream season"? No, more like take the wins without feeling too bad!

I wonder if AU Razor will wear his full kit to work again this morning....can't get him to take that damn stuff off! He keeps walking around the office muttering, "put me in coach, I'm ready....I think".

CDlovesstirringthepotwhenboredatwork:p

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get back to work CD

My enthusiasm is a result of the many rigorous workouts coach CD put me through during my youth years. All those half volleys at UBC as it pissed rain for hours on end. Oh the memories.

Sorry to disappoint your fetish for pickles and the stories you were hoping to hear but I got nothing for ya. Roosters was filled with crazy antics but not that crazy.

Tell Au Razor he can suit up anyone he wants I'll be ready for Alouette on our away game out there. Put the goon on me like you did last game that will get my fire going even more.

12 year old Tiger Beat? Man are you old, its more like YM!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cartdriver?

it's people like you who should get your stupid facts straight!
1)i started the rangers about 8 years ago,we had an excellent
premier team then.and guys like john brown and kurtie and
myself wanted a team where we could play 90 minutes.
2)we have stayed together since then and still have a premier
team.this is first year our premier team has really struggled.
3)some players who have reached thier 30's and wanted to step it down a notch,like marshall, killer, sedgy , bear and so on.
4)players have slowly dropped down and our team has slowly
gotten better.
5)our average age is 34 years old right now,so how have we dropped down a notch ?
6)remember this rule,ONE PREMIER TEAM PER CLUB IN THE LEAGUE.
7)should we leave our club,or better yet kick out the young kids
who are slowly coming up?i don't think so!

this is a team that has a blast on and off the field.a bunch of
really good friends who happen to play very well together.
lastly,i put this team togther to have fun and play the game.
it's guys like you who shoot thier mouths off before they know
the facts.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach settle down already

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe the less people know the better when it comes to you. Keep spazzing out my friend it suits you fine.

I'm pretty sure CD got the response he was looking for and it didn't take much. You must really hate your job today. Sorry you're having a crappy day, just think its going to rain all week too.

Its people like you that need good counselling before attending work each morning. :p

Thank God that history lesson is over.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
volley o

actually sir i slept just fine,and yes thanks for asking but the job is going well to.just a little tired of hearing of how we have stacked our team.

sorry for the rant,but some guys
know everything! coach.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy HV.
CD did make a cnutish remark - period.

You do take it personally when knobs constantly challenge you on the subject.

I don't give a fcuk what league you play in and how stacked your side is.
Any team at 10-0 in the point of their season should take some joy and pride in it.
It shows diligence at any level.
And, CD is belittling Div. 1 as opposed to Premier which offends some people including me.
It surprises me when it comes from a non-premier player actually.
I've said it once I'll say it again.
The difference is not that great - trust me.

Later skaters.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oohhhhhh, the drama.

There will be some tension at the next Highlanders training session, I'm sure.

Balsa will not stand for anyone having a go at the team he always wanted to play for. And with Halfman-Halfwoman's response to coach, it could get pretty ugly......there goes Maxwell in the Injured Reserve again.

Coach & RF - hugs and kisses. Miss you!

Allez Rangers Allez

Bucky.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk,

Rangers get lucky and win 90% of their games for the last 5 years and everyone thinks they are the team to beat. What is the FVSL coming to.;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking sense.....

True, Milli, true. What is the Fraser Valley coming to.

When the league was reputable, I can remember having the Rangers down 3-0 before half-time. And that was with Fastshow playing for us. Hard to believe, I know.

The FVSL needs to look long and hard at how to improve such shambles.

Concerned.

Buckfast

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD always starting things

Ok well CD has had his fun. That's been put to rest.

RF I wouldn't knock Div. 1 myself I love this league. CD is a bitter old man stirring the pot again.

Balsa not sure how your name got in the mix?? Bucky had some things to say I guess. Bucky Highlander practices are always filled but not with tension. Filled with shooting drills maybe.

I'm all for improving the league.:)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, exactly........

How did I get brought into this one??
Ditto. I don't remember ever playing the Rangers. If I did, Kurty wasn't playing. You'd think knowing a guy (not in the biblical sense) for approx. 22 years would have meant we'd have played against one another but no......... fcuking cnut's been avoiding lining up against me for over two decades.

Ain't likely to happen now either, is it? Unless he comes over as promised for an Ibiza spesh. Beanbag's been waiting at Heathrow since late September with a bouquet of pink hydrangeas and a box of chocolates. Welcome wagon.

Asking rhetorical questions from across the Atlantic, Fastshow.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hugs for coach?

Well, Coach really doesn't like anyone poking a stick at his belly!? With those kind of quick and untempered responses, I don't need to get my humour from Full House reruns anymore:D

I do thank HV for coming to my rescue though....much like the time my beer goggles were on so well that I was hitting on 200 pound honeys in Penticton and he dragged me back to his room! What? Whatever.

I think Coach missed my point....your level of play hasn't dropped a notch (quite the opposite the Highlanders will agree), but the division in which they play hasn't gotten higher despite them getting stronger each year. Period. I do apologize for giving Coach a cardio workout without a ball at your feet though!

But again, as a guy that hasn't had the time to play in this league for a while due to coaching conflicts, I am glad I generated at least 4 or 5 posts from my pot-stirring. Can you imagine Coach at Xmas time: "no Santa, I wanted the blue socks, damn it, the blue ones...don't patronize me with green, I'm a Ranger, damn it! St. Nick? Hmm, who do you think you are?".:rolleyes:

RF....I wasn't slagging div 1 either....that's where I'd be playing....I was only questioning a team's lack of "push" to play at their highest possible level.

CDgoingnowbeforehepissesanyoneelseoff:cool:
:wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cartdriver

where should we go and play?we have a premier team,and 7 or 8 of our guys have never played at that level.(except for our now famous cup runs)even then alot of the guys don't see the pitch.
we have been with sfc for about 13 years now,and next year 75% of us are starting the rangers over 35 team!thanks for your concern though.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers are fine for now

If I were you and for the most part I'm glad I'm not, J/K, I would do exactly what you've got planned. The team is getting on in age and in a year or two it would only make sense to play in the 35+ league. There's something to say about a team that can stay together for 13 years and enjoy the league that long. Its a good thing.

CD play in Div. 1? CD that was like 10 years ago now. Coaching is your forte now, which you're good at. Its that or work on the endurance for a comeback. I can hear you saying "nah" to that.

Penticton proved once again that you're a lightweight and two smirnies put you over the top. Time to drink beer like a real man!

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Endurance training?

Dear HV....I'll have you know my endurance training is in full effect for a div 1 comeback...why just last night your girlfriend came over and 80 minutes later......umm, but I digress. BTW, she thought I was extremely close to the premier level:D

RF and Coach...good luck this weekend! Will it be 11 and 0?? I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out:rolleyes:

Ever since playing against Captain Shamrock's girls team, I can't stop yelling at the refs.....must've been contageous!

Where are all the Poco/GEU/AU/etc. posts? Getting tired of not having Razor to read. It requires my phonics book to decipher his jumble, but I like reading his posts.

CDdoesn'tthinkhe'llgetaninvitetoRangers2003/04trainingcampnow:(

:wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 - 0 and on a roll

thanks to a certain sweeper(jeff klaassen) we went down 1-0 in
the first 20 minutes.you all know what it is like going down a goal to a bunch of hard working kids on a cold rainy night.thanks to a super crack from mike the hammer arnold,we were able to tie the score late in the first halve.without sounding to biast,i don't think the kids touched the ball in the second half.the geu goalie must have stopped at least 10 to 15 point blank shots in the second half.now i am 35 years old,but thier is nothing worse than a 21 year old fit lad marking you all game!anyways,halvy and pasqua both scored nice goals to bring home the victory.3-1 was the final score,and the geu lads were fricken brilliant lads.they played good football at times,and never stopped battling all night long.

another smashing night at the kello's
headquarters,and sat night is the ranger's
bowling fun night piss up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also,special thanks to WOODSY for bringing
the team to another level!woodsy in ranger
blue?stay tuned. have a great weekend
coach:)

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALU Razorbacks 5 Centro Americano 2

It was one of those days when things were going wright our guys played well & the ball was going in the back of the net .We had a couple of our guys get hurt 1 guy is going to the hospital to get a couple of stiches because he got elbowed in the face & 1 guy with a possible knee injurey. The second half Centro Americano came on a little stronger & got one of there goals on a penalty shot from a hand ball in the box:mad: There second goal was a nice goal. Well done boys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0