Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dave Nonis Fired!!!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was Aquillini I would make a move promoting Tambellini, Linden to replace him as assistant GM.

Fire Vigneault and hire Pat Quinn as head coach for the next two years (which is the contract length I would offer Tambi)

Quinn is a way better GM then coach!!

Linden assistant gm LMAO!

Linden as GM LMAO HARDER!

Linden as something with the community.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The control freaks are already working. The Canucks.com website boards are all "under construction". Talk about controlling the message.

38 years and counting...

Spectacor (Tom Scallen)

Griffiths family (until Artie got in too deep)

John McCaw

Aquilinis

It stars and ends with ownership.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark my words, Linden will be named at the presser tomorrow as either the new Assistant GM (Tambi's job as of today) or as the Senior VP of Hockey Ops.

Quinn is too old to be GM...but would be a good head coach for a 2 year stint...

This is genius the more I think about it...The Canucks need a miracle at the moment, they are set up to fail, the UFA Cupboards are bare...

The Nucks would miss next year and there would be calls for Nonis' head...except now you get a new GM that is set up, he can "have a transition year of improving from within" and the fans would be okay with that. We as a global population in canada are smart enough to know that Holik is going to get a 2 or 3 year at 6 mill per, and that is ludicrous.

The Nucks can stay status quo for now and hope Edler, Bourdon, Raymond, etc all get one year better, make a shrewd trade or two and tread water for a year...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The control freaks are already working. The Canucks.com website boards are all "under construction". Talk about controlling the message.
Huh? Plenty of posting going on there right now, they don't make much sense but there are posts :D

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh? Plenty of posting going on there right now, they don't make much sense but there are posts :D

This is what I get when I go to CDC.

This Site Is Under Construction and Coming Soon.

animated-messages-small2.gif

This Domain Is Registered with Network Solutions

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hardly see the job going internal regardless of the merits of anyone inside the organization. Trevor Linden isn't ready and in the Canucks market would the fans except a GM learning on the job? I doubt it.

Burke would likely love to return but IIRC wasn't he linked to the Beedie/Gagliardi group who ended up in a pissing match with Aquilini and that court case. If so, that might make Burke a long shot to return (that is if is not under a long term deal).

Aquilini looks a bit like a loose cannon so who knows where he will go with his choice. Maybe he will ask Calgary for Keenan. They have a lot in common.

I think the coach is going to be looking for work too. His handling of Luongo's playing time alone should be reason to run him out of town. If Luongo was too tired to win 50% of the final 8 games and get them a playoff spot, what does that say about the organization's decision making from the GM to the coaching staff.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know a guy who knows a guys dad who works at GM place. Pavel Bure is the front runner for GM and Gino Odjik is front runner for coach. The guys dad who works there found the memo when he was cleaning Aquillinis trash can on his nightly janitorial duties.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My first reaction was disappointment when I heard Nonis was fired. The guy had class, was local, and I bought into his system of building prospects, which IMO is how teams will win under this cap.

Let's face it, if Nonis had any clue he was under this mandate then he would have "sold the farm" for guys like Jokinen and Richards at the deadline, but he didn't because he cared about the future of this franchise.

With that said maybe Aquillini knew something we didn't, the real judgement will obviously come when the replacement is named and what his impact on the franchise will be. Heard on CBC that Ken Holland is a possibility with his locale in Vernon and Yzerman in the ranks in Detriot, or even Jim Nill being a candidate being their head scout and assistant GM. That would be solid, I just pray it's not Milbury, JFJ or some other dog fcuker. Anyone who thinks it will be Burke, Quinn or Linden is an idiot, hell even Robj the stand up comedian with Bure and Odjick is an idiot.

Tambellini?... My only wonder is why when Burke was our GM and Nonis and Tambellini were assistants was San Jose intersted in Nonis as thier GM?

Fabian Brunnstrom?... let's just say that if he turns out to be another Alfredsson and the Canucks don't sign him cause Nonis and his negotiations are gone... Canucks fans will want Aquillini shot in the face.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Aquillini have a daughter?

He could use her to drag bait for Bobby Clarke to hit the Westcoast. At least he'd bring in some personality and edge.

This last lot from management down seemed entirely over medicated.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know a guy who knows a guys dad who works at GM place. Pavel Bure is the front runner for GM and Gino Odjik is front runner for coach. The guys dad who works there found the memo when he was cleaning Aquillinis trash can on his nightly janitorial duties.

Bure....Odjik? I would go with Butcher and Momesso.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the guys who want Linden should start a petition called "Linden as GM"... god knows the fans here will sign it, they almost got some bum name Fitzpatrick to the allstar game:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hehe....

I don't think Linden should be the GM, he should be an Assistant, or some other title.

It would stand to reason he does what Yzerman, Verbeek, Snow, and many other players have done before. Get into an advisory role, and then move up the ladder.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure....Odjik? I would go with Butcher and Momesso.

At least we're on the same page. ;)

No matter who the ownership brings in this city will never be happy. There is always a critic out there. Everyone is a critic, and yes I include myself in that comment.

There is no patience in this city. I thought Nonis did a good not great but a good job, and no I am not a fan of the coach. The blame does not go to them as far as I am concerned. We need twenty Lindens who will go out and lead a team. Work hard get beat up throw some hits, play with some passion.

I don't care who the Captain is on a team or who is paid the most if they are not pulling their weight you send them to the farm or scratch them. I am sick of three year deals it should be year by year contracts, it should be based on bonus' with everyone getting the same base rate. If everyone is paid the same (which they should be if they consider themselves a Union) then the rest should be bonus'. You watch some players work a little harder then. Don't get me wrong there are some players that deserve higher rates, and in their case they would qualify for the higher increases anyways if they perform the way they should.

That's my complaint. You go to any work site if the workers are not pulling their weight in most cases they are let go not management, that is unless you have a guy like bronco running he place. ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0