Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dave Nonis Fired!!!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This news conference is not going well for Cisco...

The Vancouver Ink Stained Maggotts ;) are pulling him to pieces trying to get him to expand on what 'Leadership' is....

huh...apparently they need to fill "big Shoes" they need to be experienced...extensive experience...but then he is not going to speculate...

what is 'Signing off'? :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To not be seen as John McCaw was...silent.

I guess they(Ownership) wants to be viewed as accessible, unfortunately they just look incompetent now

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is sad that Murray built a Winner for the Ducks and he was gassed there for Burke.

Now he built a team and took it to the finals last year, but he gave that retard (insult to retards everywhere) Ray Emery a contract and hired a coach that mis-managed the team badly...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard on 1040 this afternoon that there was possibly some bad blood between Nonis and Aquilini.
I guess there was an opportunity to trade Kesler and Edler for Brad Richards.
Aquilini wanted the deal and Nonis didn't. Obvisously the deal wasn't made and this may be part of the cause for his dismissal.

Personally i wouldnt' have made the trade either

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard on 1040 this afternoon that there was possibly some bad blood between Nonis and Aquilini.
I guess there was an opportunity to trade Kesler and Edler for Brad Richards.
Aquilini wanted the deal and Nonis didn't. Obvisously the deal wasn't made and this may be part of the cause for his dismissal.

Personally i wouldnt' have made the trade either

Those are rumors and the GM doesn't talk to the owner on trades if they did they wouldn't need a GM:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are rumors and the GM doesn't talk to the owner on trades if they did they wouldn't need a GM:rolleyes:

Are you serious!? You honestly think the GM Wouldn't consult his bosses on the potential on going talks of on-boarding a player with a contract with more term and money and less points than Naslund!?

Give yer head a shake Franchise, of course the GM keeps his owners in the loop...Cooke for Pettinger, probably not...A blockbuster with blue chip talent and money...hell yeah

I don't know what you do for work, but I'm in Sales, and bidding small jobs is one thing, If I'm "Elephant Hunting" or going after a big ticket order I always consult my boss for his advice and input...If I didn't I wouldn't be effective at my job, and or not have a job for not consulting with him.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He might if he was spending his money.
How can you know how involved the owner was?

Does anyone know how involved he was in the day to day operations?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think that without a hockey man above Nonis and Tambellini (Since Zimmerman is a former Nike marketing exec) that Aquillini and his Bros probably were getting something like a weekly conference call or meeting or something.

If Aquillini is calling up Nonis suggesting trades or daily providing his $0.02 worth, while he is entitled to it, I would be pretty pissed if I was Nonis.

Nobody except the parties directly involved can comment, everything else is pure speculation...all this "my sources say this and that" BS in the Media beating this dead horse is total crap...

The Canucks need a true President or VP of Hockey Ops that is a hockey guy, that the Brothers can trust...without that I feel sorry for any potential GM...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no kidding.
Who wants to come here if they get a 3 year span to make a cup contender?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you serious!? You honestly think the GM Wouldn't consult his bosses on the potential on going talks of on-boarding a player with a contract with more term and money and less points than Naslund!?

Give yer head a shake Franchise, of course the GM keeps his owners in the loop...Cooke for Pettinger, probably not...A blockbuster with blue chip talent and money...hell yeah

I don't know what you do for work, but I'm in Sales, and bidding small jobs is one thing, If I'm "Elephant Hunting" or going after a big ticket order I always consult my boss for his advice and input...If I didn't I wouldn't be effective at my job, and or not have a job for not consulting with him.

Really then if the owner/boss wanted the deal he could have made it. Going by what your saying is the owner has the last say and if that was the case Richards would be here then...I shook my head but still feel the same.

If they consulted the owner then they wouldn't need a GM, the owner would be on the phone at the trade deadline.

I agree the owner is in the loop but he isn't calling the shots for the team, he fires them when they make poor ones....i.e NONIS

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
franchise aka joke

if Nonis was not serious about making the richards deal, why would he even consult the owner about it? I personally think this is bottom of the barrel rumor. The owner let Nonis go for not pulling the trigger at the deadline, but its ridiculous to think its because of one specific trade that did not go through.

That being said, I think Nonis did the right thing not trading our future to make the playoffs this year, you add 1 superstar we still didnt have a cup contender. However Nonis still doesnt have the experiance/testicular fortitude to pull of big signings this off season to bring us into contention this season. I just wish they were not waiting so long to let the coach and his yawn style of sitting back and losing/depending on the goalie, go.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
However Nonis still doesnt have the experiance/testicular fortitude to pull of big signings this off season to bring us into contention this season.

Yes- my point since the deadline.

For the record, the deal being reported as the cause of the riff (Kessler, Edler, picks, etc) sounded like too much, simply considering what Kessler brings (ideal key cog for playoff hockey, and still very young), and Edler's current state of development and upside.

There was another deal Noonis was chasing involving Bourdon & Schneider that I'd have been be OK with. So, on that particular instance, I’m glad he didn’t make that deal.

That being said, in the big picture, besides Luongo, he didn't do enough to change the direction of the franchise. Going back to his 1st year, apparently Scott Neidermeyer had Vancouver as his #1 destination. The Noonis re-signed Naslund. That was one of several very safe moves he made that didn't inject new life here.

No doubt in time Noonis will be a quality GM, just not now.

I like that Mike Gillis confirms he's been approached. Now this guy has the experience, relationships, and balls the franchise needs. So what if he's an agent...history has shown that the former agents have been quite calculated at taking risks, instead of playing risk adverse.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
franchise aka joke

if Nonis was not serious about making the richards deal, why would he even consult the owner about it? I personally think this is bottom of the barrel rumor. The owner let Nonis go for not pulling the trigger at the deadline, but its ridiculous to think its because of one specific trade that did not go through.

That being said, I think Nonis did the right thing not trading our future to make the playoffs this year, you add 1 superstar we still didnt have a cup contender. However Nonis still doesnt have the experiance/testicular fortitude to pull of big signings this off season to bring us into contention this season. I just wish they were not waiting so long to let the coach and his yawn style of sitting back and losing/depending on the goalie, go.

Read my pervious posts I already said your first paragraph:rolleyes:

Dutch:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0