Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dave Nonis Fired!!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First thought was that he must have told the owner in a recent meeting that he still wanted to keep the core group and just "tinker" with the line-up.

I really never thought that Nonis would get the axe this year. I think I will start a rumour though...

Trevor Linden is going to be the next GM. That is money in the owner's pocket :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW! I am honestly surprised, and delighted with this recent development...

I thought this whole mess truly is his fault, you can't screw up over and over again, and have that one deal (which was a no-brainer) for Luongo bail you out time and time again.

Tambellini gets the GM role with Linden as the new Tambellini...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually liked Nonis. But then again, I like Dickens and JAGS (in a completely non-homosexual way...I mean just look at them). Who is the next GM? Pat Quinn?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Regs, I didn't see them firing him with the work he 'could' have done this summer, he must have said something they didn't like. Totally new Canucks team next year I'm thinking.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprising. He probably still thinks the lineup he has can be successful.
:rolleyes:

Rumours of Burke aren't suprising. New owners, coach, a little money to work with this year, they're ready for major changes, and Jenny is in town still

What more could he ask for?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what.......After thinking this over i really am okay with this.

Bottom line is this is Daves team and people in markets like this have to be held accountable?

Fransisco bought this team to be a winner and Dave had to make some moves???? He made none.

I am a Canuck die hard and i think Dave Nonis is a nice guy........Nice guys sometimes finish last and yes this team needs a change.

Just my viewpoint here boys...........I am fine with this move and it shows that the owner wants better from EVERYONE!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody on this site (I'm not naming names, but his TTP nick is Dude) advised and predicted this.

Somebody at Orca Bay is reading TTP. ;)

Seriously, I did predict this.

And seriously, it needed to happen. The trade deadline showed on the outside that Noonis doesn't yet have the relationships within the old boys club to make deals happen. He has a very bitter and vindictive Mike Keenan to thank to Luongo.

Again, removing him is one of two big leadership roles they need to replace now, while keeping the rest in place. The other role that needs encouragement to find a different organization is Markus Naslund.

Tambi as GM.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody on this site (I'm not naming names, but his TTP nick is Dude) advised and predicted this.

Somebody at Orca Bay is reading TTP. ;)

Seriously, I did predict this.

And seriously, it needed to happen. The trade deadline showed on the outside that Noonis doesn't yet have the relationships within the old boys club to make deals happen. He has a very bitter and vindictive Mike Keenan to thank to Luongo.

Again, removing him is one of two big leadership roles they need to replace now, while keeping the rest in place. The other role that needs encouragement to find a different organization is Markus Naslund.

Tambi as GM.

are luongo and jaque martin out of florida on good terms?

just a thought:rolleyes:

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
too many times over the years this club has stood still......it was time for Aquilini 2 say what he said....now let's go find a dynamic GM who will fix this club......please, please, don't give it to Tambellini, although with "LLINI" at the end of his name who knows.......sweep a broom through this mess and let's go......the team sweden experiment is over....I would trade Luongo back east if his wife remains in Florida....how can he be happy staying here with a newborn so far away....he is at his maximum trade potential.....somebody will bite huge.....philly perhaps....just my view from the highlands:cool:

p.s. why not give it to DUDE, he's a fukcin expert on every subject on here

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's official: Ryan Kessler is THE worst interview ever - that was excruciating to listen to :rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too funny Regs......How many people are banging away on the computer while listening to the team 1040.

He was shocking!

New poll needs to start....Who will be the new G M

No chance on Burke or Quinn........No chance!

Maybe a new fresh face will be good.......New Scouts have to be hired as well.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprising. He probably still thinks the lineup he has can be successful.
:rolleyes:

Rumours of Burke aren't suprising. New owners, coach, a little money to work with this year, they're ready for major changes, and Jenny is in town still

What more could he ask for?

Nonis don't let the bench door hit you in the ass on the way out. Missed the playoffs 2 of last 3 years....fuk see ya!

Burke won't be the gm as Canucks would have to wait until the playoffs end for that to happen. Canucks will sign a new gm in the next week and a half.

Quinn and Tam's top the list....(brother in law has the inside scoop as he works for the Canucks)

I say bring in Millbury...he is a proven winner:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was Aquillini I would make a move promoting Tambellini, Linden to replace him as assistant GM.

Fire Vigneault and hire Pat Quinn as head coach for the next two years (which is the contract length I would offer Tambi)

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The firing of Nonis was bold and it took some Kahunas...qualities that Nonis did not have. This ultimately led to his downfall.

I just hope Frankie has a plan in place.

I think Messier wants to be GM ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0