Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M I got this off of Soccernet

The game was played behind closed doors as a UEFA punishment for crowd trouble at Olympiakos's home match with AS Roma last season.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stuttgart at 2.75........I'll be having some of that. :D

As for Celtic's game today, I couldn't watch it, as Channel 67 doesn't show the group stage games live. :mad: I will watch the replay later.......I'm not surprised by the outcome as Scottish football is ****ing shite compared to most countries. We can't deny that.....

BTW, 40 million quid over the summer? They call Shakhtar the Ukrainian Chelsea.......and for good reason apparently. :D

You got that right!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic...For the second time in two weeks Alan Hutton looked like a proper footballer...(See Scotland v France 1-0 win :D )

He was easily MOTM with Whittaker looking completely out of his depth.

How did Stuttgart win Die Bundesliga last year with defending like that!?

If Hutton, Novo, and Charlie Brown can go slicing through that defense something is wrong.

Bayern Munich, Schalke, Dortmund, you should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing that lot to win the title.

Whittaker missed a sitter that myself and Guinness decided we both could have finished easily.

Stuttgart's only goal came with Baz getting stitches following a shocking attempt to injure by Boca..or whatever his name is...

poor officiating as well, nothing in the first and yellows like candy in the second half, hopefully none of those ridiculous yellows come back to haunt later on in the tournamnet.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to the games that matter....

Manchester United to a 1-0 win over Sporting Lisbon....Ronaldo in the 62 minute!:wa::knvb:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A massive congratulations to Rangers and their TTP supporters. Seriously, a great result against the German champions especially after being bent over by Hearts on the weekend.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italians all had good starts with the exception of Inter, who somehow dropped the ball against a team I can't even spell. Fenerbache? Something like that. Roma looking really good this year.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italians all had good starts with the exception of Inter, who somehow dropped the ball against a team I can't even spell. Fenerbache? Something like that. Roma looking really good this year.

I guess Roberto Carlos shut them down eh? They pretty much dominate Turkish soccer. But like all the 2nd teir leagues their good players run off chasing the money...Nicolas Anelka?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fenerbache looked much the better team today, granted Inter were missing about four of their 1st choice defenders. Fenerbache played a very entertaining brand of football and the adidas white kit with yellow stripes and black numbers was very stylsh: can be worn pretty well anywhere...save for perhaps a Turkish prison.

But Arsenal looked the most entertaining of anyone on matchday one, although Barca was a close second.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shakhtar Donetsk were VERY entertaining too.........I'm calling it now after watching that performance.......they will be getting out of the group, with Benfica 3rd and Celtic 4th........:(

The 5 Brazilians were great to watch particularly Fernandinho and Inzinho......:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't catch that game Captain...

It's the only game I was able to watch, albeit the replay. Honestly, Sir M, this team is going to be a VERY difficult team to play against when they're at home......I don't know how deep they are but their starting 11 is very good.....Celtic will not a win a game in this group sadly......for me anyway. :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone see Giovanni Dos Santos and Bojan Krcic get in to the game for Barca? total kids, they say they were 18 and 17 respectively, but that Dos Santos looks no more than 14!

Ronaldinho was subbed off without an injury for the first time I have ever seen...And at 1-0 Barca, game was still not even close to over...That Being said, Barca looked a lot more creative once Ronnie was subbed out for Iniesta.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have a take, don't suck. Whatever A$$hole just doesn't cut the mustard...I know you WG, you can do better...

Zee Germans have little to offer in the way of good football this season in the Champs League...The Best Team in that League is stuck in European Football Siberia (The UEFA Cup)
Werder is crap this season, And Stuttgart looks like more of the same after yesterday's debacle vs Rangers.
I don't know enough about vfB Stuttgart to say, but I hope foe their sake that was their 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th choice defenders playing yesterday, cause Alan Hutton made them look like FVSL Div 3 muckers...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone see Giovanni Dos Santos and Bojan Krcic get in to the game for Barca? total kids, they say they were 18 and 17 respectively, but that Dos Santos looks no more than 14!

Ronaldinho was subbed off without an injury for the first time I have ever seen...And at 1-0 Barca, game was still not even close to over...That Being said, Barca looked a lot more creative once Ronnie was subbed out for Iniesta.
Ronaldinho didn't look happy at all - did you see the glare he was giving Rhijgaard (sp? fcuk, look it up you know who I mean)? Is Giovanni playing for the Mexican NT yet?

Deco's buzzcut looks weird on him - dunga-esque even.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0