Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not pleased with this draw to be honest..........:( Celtic's stay in the CL might be another Bratislava away.......as Spartak Moscow are no mugs AND they're in the middle of their season........a VERY tricky tie.......Rangers' opponents if it is Red Star will be very tough at home.....but overall, I would rather have Red STar than Spartak Moscow. :mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ahhh. That was better, a few frightfull moments but Mac showed up.

Cuellar is going to be the signing of the season...worth every penny.

What a goal by Beasley...laced it into the short side corner after running past two Zetans pretending to be professional football defenders.

Here we come Red Star.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, Rangers beat Red Star 1-0...:wa: going back to the former Yugoslavia to knock out another side..:D

But a 1-1 away at Moscow is a great achievment by 'them':(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnnybluenose,

I thought you always wanted Scottish teams to do well. :D

It was a gritty performance by the Bhoys......certainly didn't deserve to win the game but a great counter-attack goal in the first half by Hartley on a sublime cross by McDonald. Their goal was a ****-up by Wilson in the marking and Brown(goalie) who should have stopped a weak header. They did have a great chance at the end to win it but Brown made a great 'stop'. Spartak have a couple of handy players, most notably a 20 year-old Brazilian named Welliton. I think the is from Brazil but the boy can fly and play. He gave Naylor fits all game.....granted Naylor has not had a good game yet this season. Beasley would have a field day with him, sadly.

McDonald and McManus were the two strongest players today......

Now to hopefully get the job done at home..........a 0 - 0 draw:)rolleyes:) or a victory will do..........

Off to a Aberdeen for another difficult job this weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Spartak :D
Wilson shat it? No Way!? ;)

I have no worries that Spartak will score at Sellick, but Sellick will/have the ability to score more...Your D is suspect at best.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Rangers supporters on the site.........on to the group stages for you............and now I have to shite myself tomorrow to see if Celtic can go through.........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ali, Your lot should go through...You are at home, but will the unrest of 3 guys/goons being transfer listed take a toll?

here's to hoping ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ali, Your lot should go through...You are at home, but will the unrest of 3 guys/goons being transfer listed take a toll?

here's to hoping ;)

Bluenose, that shouldn't be an issue since none of them are starters......if they use that excuse, that's pathetic.........It will be tricky as Spartak Moscow has several tricky players who could trouble our backline again......especially Naylor. :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Shellick in the 27th...hold on hoops...I see possession is not in your favour, by a long shot...

holdingouthopeloyal. :p

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 at the half. Spartak miss a PK. Then 2 minutes later score. Half time starts with Boruc going toe to toe with Naylor. Brilliant!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spartak, as I mentioned, have a couple of players who are 'tricky'. In fact they are ripping Gary Caldwell and Lee Naylor a new arse hole.

They were 'given' a penalty.....terrible call but they missed. Celtic came down and scored on a horrible mistake by their defender......the goal Celtic gave up was a back post corner, which zonal marking doesn't defend well.

Boruc grabbed Naylor by the throat right before the whistle because Naylor gave up on a ball which went for a corner. It was embarrassing to say the least but Naylor has been ****ing DREADFUL.......DREADFUL......

It's all level with 45 minutes to go........let's see what we can do in the second half. Brown has been invisible so far with McGeady being the best player on the field, besides Boruc. Brown has been EXCELLENT in every second half this season so we can only hope for the same. One more goal for Spartak and Celtic need 2........I don't like that proposition......

It kills me to say this, but I can see one Glasgow team in the group stages at this point...........and it's not the one I want. :D

:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic completely took over the second half and Nakamura had NO less than 3 great chances in a 2 minute span.......they had a defender sent off for a last man offense......I would have give it a yellow probably.....

McDonald is struggling big time with is touch.....McGeady has been excellent.

Naylor hasn't had too much to do fortunately in the second half.

30 minutes of extra-time now. Celtic looks a lot fitter than Spartak at the moment and hopefully that can be the difference. They are playing one up front now so a counter-attack will be the only thing to be Celtic OR penalties.....

Celtic has the momentum but those chances missed.....at least 5 with McDonald having another sitter......will hopefully not come back to bite us on the arse......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0