Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,
I would agree with everything there except Stuttgart is a better side than Lyon, I watched Lyon Sochoux the other night, last night, whenever- it is all a blur with a non-sleeping newborn... and they looked like a shadow of their former PLG-run then whats his nuts run selves...

VFB Stuttgart, I predict, will finish 2. Flip a coin between us and Lyon for the coveted UEFA Cup place. :|

Balls...Poor Walter.

ok, and c'mon Benfica.:wa:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I shouldn't have a moan about flying to Kyiv then ;)

I'm sure the Roman police are licking their chops at another chance of cracking a few women & children with their batons :rolleyes:

To be fair, all groups are tough in the Champions League. Sure, you wish you'd be in another group (ie. possibly Group H) but you've still got to contend with 3 very, very good sides. Good luck to Celtic & Rangers - there will certainly be some cracking games in the Group stages this year.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Walkies - Nothing comes easy at this stage does it?

Johnny:
It was a toss up for me on the Lyon/Stuttgart call as well the Slavia Prague/Sevilla and Werder Bremen/Lazio ones.
Sevilla, should they advance, IMHO could give the Prague club a run for their money and watching some of Lazio's game last week also had me impressed. Lazio looked much better than what they showed last year in Serie A.

But, as Walks said, everyone is in tough.
Although you know the 8 or 9 big guns will advance.

Christ, even Rosenborg looks good right now but I don't see them going anywhere in their group.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised there is so little love for the two time defending UEFA Cup Champions, 3rd in Spain is a pretty good feat too.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you referring to the team that just lost their two best full backs.
1. To a dispute over his on again off again move to Chelsea
2. one to death?

I wouldn't be giving them love..other than I feel bad for them...But they should have sold Alves way before the Puerta incident, now they have to sell Alves or he won;t play, and they need to airlift in replacement(s)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes..........karma.......:D

Celtic has won the league two years on the trot. Rangers has been runner-up in both seasons. It is only fitting that Celtic would get an 'easier' draw especially since Celtic DEFINITELY had the tougher opponent in the last round. Besides, you must all be full of confidence going into these games as you're top of the league. :) All I can really say is UNLUCKY. :D

Having said that, Celtic is in with the defending champions and a Benfica team which pumped us 3 - 0 in the last game........Shakhtar also beat us two years ago..........I'm predicting a CHANCE for second place but ONLY if we get some defensive help by tomorrow.......If not, even Artur Boruc, who is now a Celtic Legend in my opinion, will not get us into the top two in this group.........:(

As for the group of Death, it's definitely not Rangers' group because Rangers is in it..........Group B is definitely the Group of Death........Rosenborg is no pushover as a 4th seed, whereas Rangers are. :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I looked at the Sportsaction Lines last night and thought that the number they gave Celtic was good value...I guess I was right in staying true blue and not betting for the Scum... ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see both Premiership sides in action today have their hands full: Liverpool at Porto and Chelsea at the Bridge hosting that Jewish side Rosenborg. Both games tied on ones at about the hour mark. Although it looks like the Reds are on their heels and the Blues have their tails up.

Good to see the Canadian International goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld playing well in the Chelsea match so far.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't there another former Canadian Intl playing for Rosenborg as well?, the Black guy from Quebec...His name escapes me at the moment, I believe he was/is a striker.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
johnnybluenose said:
Wasn't there another former Canadian Intl playing for Rosenborg as well?, the Black guy from Quebec...His name escapes me at the moment, I believe he was/is a striker.

Lars Hirschfeld - far from a black striker from Quebec. A white goalkeeper from Edmonton :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Do you mean Atiba Hutchison from FC Copenhagen? The same Atiba who said moving to the SPL would be a step down?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh, That is the guy Bucky, him and another I had confused....I think (after a quick google or two) i had him and Oliver Occean (Odd Grenland) mixed up and somehow came to the conclusion he/they/you know ;) played for Rosenborg.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'll never walk alone, eh? Well done, Steve-o. There through thick and thin.

If I were lucky enough to be employed by a better natured boss I could have squandered the whole game in front of the computer, unluckily she came home for lunch and turfed me. No worries though Bucky, my old man sends me updates. We will crush them at Parkhead, heed my words.

Good luck tomorrow against a team a wee bit more talented than Hearts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I looked at the Sportsaction Lines last night and thought that the number they gave Celtic was good value...I guess I was right in staying true blue and not betting for the Scum... ;)

Stuttgart at 2.75........I'll be having some of that. :D

As for Celtic's game today, I couldn't watch it, as Channel 67 doesn't show the group stage games live. :mad: I will watch the replay later.......I'm not surprised by the outcome as Scottish football is ****ing shite compared to most countries. We can't deny that.....

BTW, 40 million quid over the summer? They call Shakhtar the Ukrainian Chelsea.......and for good reason apparently. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm watching Olympiakos vs Lazio at the moment in a completely empty stadium in Greece (the teams I mean). It really makes the broadcast suffer.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0