Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Jeremy

Sep 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarassing is the only way to describe the first 20 minutes of the 1st half. Even as a supporter of any team playing the tims I was uncomfortable watching them get humiliated at home like that. Barcelona were treating them like orange headed adopted stepchildren. No offence to the orange headed adopted stepchildren in the crowd but y'know what I mean. It was a nice bonus to have Gio in the lineup as well as Larsson doing them over for the setup on the winner and the real rub-in was the 'rounding the keeper' for the 3rd. Too easy by FAR!! Too slow in midfield too big and slow in defence and too fat up front (hartson, who ate all the pies?) Is that enough of an explanation dumbass?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ron Jeremy said:
No offence to the orange headed adopted stepchildren in the crowd ......

I didn't know knvb was at Parkhead the other night .......

~Stunned

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There you go dragging me into your shite again. Please excuse Mr. Walker he's got a major case of KNVB on the brain… and to save time... yes that's the closest I've been to a brain in years... har har hardy har har. :rolleyes:

I see the Arse pulled one out of their Arse.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ron Jeremy said:
Embarassing is the only way to describe the first 20 minutes of the 1st half. Even as a supporter of any team playing the tims I was uncomfortable watching them get humiliated at home like that. Barcelona were treating them like orange headed adopted stepchildren. No offence to the orange headed adopted stepchildren in the crowd but y'know what I mean. It was a nice bonus to have Gio in the lineup as well as Larsson doing them over for the setup on the winner and the real rub-in was the 'rounding the keeper' for the 3rd. Too easy by FAR!! Too slow in midfield too big and slow in defence and too fat up front (hartson, who ate all the pies?) Is that enough of an explanation dumbass?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maritimo 1-0 Rangers

McLeish remains confident
Rangers failed to take their chances as they slumped to a single-goal defeat to Maritimo in their Uefa Cup first leg.
Italian striker Gustavo Manduca pounced after Stefan Klos failed to hold a Luis Filipe drive to put Maritimo ahead.

A Nacho Novo volley and a Dado Prso header struck the post either side of that first-half opener.

But Klos also had to produce a fine save to deny Leo Lima after the break, while Maritimo keeper Marcos Oliveira prevented Novo grabbing an equaliser.

Rangers had made one change from the side that drew with Hearts on Sunday, with Shota Arveladze replacing Paolo Vanoli for the trip to the sun-kissed island of Madeira.

Maritimo were protecting a proud record, having only lost one European tie on home soil - to Juventus - with Leeds United being among their victims.

But Rangers took the game to the Portuguese and Novo should have done better than to head wide after being found unmarked 12 yards from goal by a Chris Burke cross.

Former Motherwell defender Mitchell van der Gaag appeared to clip Novo inside the Maritimo box only for the referee to rule it was a dive.

The ball moved to the other end and Alan's low drive was well held by Stefan Klos.

A superb Fernando Ricksen cross found Novo 10 yards out, but the Spanish striker steered the ball off his chin and against the upright.

Luis Filipe rounded Craig Moore inside the Rangers box but sent the ball wide of the far post with only Klos to beat.

A Prso header flew just wide as the action moved from end to end.

Maritimo went ahead when Klos failed to hold Leo Lima's drive and Manduca followed up to drive the ball home from 15 yards.

Leo Lima almost made it two moments later with a curling drive that was tipped over the bar by Klos.

Novo was unlucky when he chested down a cross and stabbed the ball towards goal only for goalkeeper Marcos Oliveira to clear off his line with his foot.

Prso's header struck the post from the resulting corner.

A Leo Lima drive flew just wide of the Rangers far post before Novo broke clear only for his powerful shot to be blocked by the goalkeeper.

Klos had to produce a fine save to palm away an Alan drive as Rangers tired and Maritimo dominated in the latter stages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maritimo: Marcos Oliveira, Ferreira, Tonel, Van der Gaag, Briguel, Leo Lima (Zeca 84), Wenio, Luis Filipe, Manduca (Zumbi 73), Chainho, Alan.
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Bino, Souza, Fernando, Joel Santos.

Goals: Manduca 27.

Rangers: Klos, Ross, Moore, Boumsong, Vignal, Burke, Mladenovic, Ricksen, Arveladze, Prso, Novo (Lovenkrands 83).
Subs Not Used: Graeme Smith, Hughes, Thompson, Khizanishvili, Malcolm, Vanoli.

Att: 5,000.

Ref: Johan Verbist (Belgium).

I think you should probably shut your hole about now, Jeremy. Speaking of embarrassing............

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the first 20 minutes of that game, Barce definitely embarrassed Celtic. The rest of the game, not so much but I can't fathom any Celtic supporter having a positive outlook going into Barcelona for the return match...

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ron Jeremy said:
Embarassing is the only way to describe the first 20 minutes of the 1st half.

You'd know all about embarassment, so I'll take your word for it muppet.

Don't forget to come back and provide more football commentary when your mob are playing Barcelona and we are playing Maritimo, whoever the fcuk they are.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Maritimo, whoever the fcuk they are.

They're the once mighty squad (no, not Khalsa) who Alex Bunbury used to play for. Yes, that's how massive a side this is.

Buckfast

PS - Eck, a great opportunity to leave with some dignity. Please do so. NOW!

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ron,
Thanks for getting back to me in such a timely manner, if it's going take you that long everytime you get slagged, maybe just P.M. me so i dont have to go scrolling back a page.

Embarrasing maybe for a bit, no denying that, but the whole game naw I don't think so. This is Champions leaque son, remember it from two months ago. These are big teams with awesome squads, and to watching the bhoys fight like they did in the second half was brilliant. The mistakes aside, I for one thought Celtic fought back from a terrible start, and gave Barca something to think about. For the record, even Prso would have scored on the Thompson gift. I am happier to see Larrson capitalize on it than anyone else.

Dying to read your post game from MariTIMo

Ron Jeremy

Sep 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The HOLE remains open and your memory doesn't go back far enough I guess to the amazing run to the final of this sad EUFA cup tournament for the tims when they regarded it as a visit from his holiness. The tournament is shite and Rangers are shite but at least we won't grab any sad glory from a shite tournament like they did. My remaining joy for the season will be the turnaround at Ibrox when Big Eck leaves.......a good bluenose but out of his depth unfortunately, at least he stands still during the game unlike the 'wee leprachaun' in the other dugout. I can't wait for the return game in Barcelona, oh boy! will there ever be some 'brown trousers' that day tee hee

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait for the return game in Barcelona, oh boy! will there ever be some 'brown trousers' that day tee hee

Why, are you a Barcelona supporter now? Are you that thick that you can't even support YOUR team? How about AC Milan? Shokhtar? Can you wait for those games? How about the Huns vs. Caley Thistle today? You're one side fcuker. I'm guessing you're embarrassing Bucky and RF with comments like that. BTW, have you had any calming of the headaches lately? Coping with the depression?

SEVEN - SEVEN - FOUR - can you tell me what these numbers represent, arse hole? I'll give you a hint. It's not the only system the Huns would have to deploy to get a result against Celtic.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Old Firm Euro matches - It's only the first game lads

Ron Jeremy said:
a good bluenose but out of his depth unfortunately,

Words to live by Ronnie. ;)

I have to admit MON does drive me nuts as he's always on the touchlines.

I'll take the 'B' Cup at Ibrox any day.
Any fcuking day.

In the wrong thread, I know, but apparently we played not too bad in Madiera (sp?).
It's half time and we play them at home next.

I haven't lost faith...yet.

Follow, follow,

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense, RF, but this is a Champions League thread. You and your buddies, Ron and Novo-Prso, might want to start up a UEFA Cup Qualifying thread and see if it lasts more than two weeks. ;) For now, there is now room in this thread for a 5th place SPL team. :p

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game is on TSN tonight at 8:30pm but....

Manchester United 6
Giggs (7)
Rooney (17, 28, 54)
Van Nistelrooy (78)
Bellion (81)

Fenerbahce 2
Ferreira Marcio Nobre (47)
Tuncay Sanli (60)

Other results:

Real Madrid 4-2 Roma
Bayern Munich 4-0 Ajax
Liverpool 0-1 Olympiakos

It seems thing are getting back to normal and the stars and moons are back in line! ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow

Holy shite - The kid plays his first game and bags a hat-trick?
That is amazing.

Sir Alex and the Man Yoo support must be well chuffed.

Oh, and Walks. :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
No offense, RF, but this is a Champions League thread.

You heard him RF .... now bugger off :D

The home debut for the youngster after not playing since Euro 2004 and he slams in 3 ??!!! :wa:

Unbelievable .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0