Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Women Striking

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there been a good leader in the last 30-40 years??? Methinks not … power corrupts the unethical boot lickers the CSA produces
Blanket statements are easy. Can't remember a single anonymous poster who didn't use anything but blanket statements.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As great as Hedy Fry is as an MP she ran kind of a loose ship committee here.
I have testified under oath to the Justice Committee in 1999 and the Senate Ban

I don't think the leaders of youth sport get corrupted by power as much as they simply haven't the leadership skills and experience to do these roles.

Also, I don't think these folks have a grasp on how to deal with situations like Bob Birarda or they are just plain negligent. I wasn't involved in soccer at the time but I heard from a friend who had a daughter in soccer and he was concerned about her as she was in high-level youth soccer and she is a very beautiful young woman. They had heard the rumours so it sounds like it was not a state secret.
They could easily have gone to a soccer dude who is a lawyer like Dan Sudeyko - now a judge for advice but these collective committees are often as dumb as a strata council.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Basically acted as a puppet for Big Vic by rubber stamping the CSB deal.

Bent over and took it from Herdman who was threatening to leave if he wasn't given the MNT Head Coach position.

Hired that shite Danish fella as Herdman's replacement with the WNT.

Apparently didn't notice that Birarda was coaching teenage girls when he brought a team to the fcuking Nationals.

Couldn't convince Vancouver/BC governments to be a host city for WC 2026.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically acted as a puppet for Big Vic by rubber stamping the CSB deal.

Bent over and took it from Herdman who was threatening to leave if he wasn't given the MNT Head Coach position.

Hired that shite Danish fella as Herdman's replacement with the WNT.

Apparently didn't notice that Birarda was coaching teenage girls when he brought a team to the fcuking Nationals.

Couldn't convince Vancouver/BC governments to be a host city for WC 2026.
Wow. Quite the reach there on a few points.

On the Birarda/Nationals front - you and the rest of the mob on twatter really think a CSA President should know who is coaching a girls team at Nationals? Replace girls with boys and same thing... DO NOT CARE / NOT RELEVANT for the position.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Quite the reach there on a few points.

On the Birarda/Nationals front - you and the rest of the mob on twatter really think a CSA President should know who is coaching a girls team at Nationals? Replace girls with boys and same thing... DO NOT CARE / NOT RELEVANT for the position.

The reason I personally would hope/expect he would have noticed the Birarda thing is because at 2018 nationals Birarda won U17s with the girls while CMF won with the boys.

BC soccer is his home province and the last time they did the double in the oldest age group at Nationals was way back in 2003. So to me it is kind of a big deal and should be on his radar, maybe even worthy of a congratulatory note. But maybe that's just me, a soccer nerd, who notices when an Estrella de Chile striker is moonlighting in the Burnaby league and leading the league in scoring.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As great as Hedy Fry is as an MP she ran kind of a loose ship committee here.
I have testified under oath to the Justice Committee in 1999 and the Senate Ban

I don't think the leaders of youth sport get corrupted by power as much as they simply haven't the leadership skills and experience to do these roles.

Also, I don't think these folks have a grasp on how to deal with situations like Bob Birarda or they are just plain negligent. I wasn't involved in soccer at the time but I heard from a friend who had a daughter in soccer and he was concerned about her as she was in high-level youth soccer and she is a very beautiful young woman. They had heard the rumours so it sounds like it was not a state secret.
They could easily have gone to a soccer dude who is a lawyer like Dan Sudeyko - now a judge for advice but these collective committees are often as dumb as a strata council.

LOL... 40 years an MP and already a backbencher... that fossil is a career politician with precious little to her name in terms of real accomplishments for her constituents... I'll give her credit she was on the race grifting, woke train to crazytown sooner than most, but Jesus retire already...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSS mouth piece / shares peddler getting his ass handed to him on Twatter is making my day.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazing how detached from reality they are... I wonder who's advising them, if anyone...

It strikes me that they'd be a difficult sort of client... "yes, I agree to this deal... except that it's not fair!"...

I long for the days where the players did it out of national pride... of course, most of the generation currently populating our national teams probably thinks that Canada is evil and racist and blah blah blah...

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazing how detached from reality they are... I wonder who's advising them, if anyone...

It strikes me that they'd be a difficult sort of client... "yes, I agree to this deal... except that it's not fair!"...

I long for the days where the players did it out of national pride... of course, most of the generation currently populating our national teams probably thinks that Canada is evil and racist and blah blah blah...
You're in the freaking stone age. Those days of playing for national pride without compensation are done. Where have you been?
What they don't need is some gutless advisor telling them to take whatever is offered. They had no choice to accept this but that doesn't mean they must surrender.
Deals are taken all the time that the one party being dictated knows is not fair but they have little choice. Why are you so against the women yet the men who finally have some international get a pass?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're in the freaking stone age. Those days of playing for national pride without compensation are done. Where have you been?
What they don't need is some gutless advisor telling them to take whatever is offered. They had no choice to accept this but that doesn't mean they must surrender.
Deals are taken all the time that the one party being dictated knows is not fair but they have little choice. Why are you so against the women yet the men who finally have some international get a pass?

Actually, I've been quite critical of the approach taken by the men as well. And, I've never suggested that there should be "no" compensation; I've suggested that the players could have focused on things like creature comforts, training, etc while also asking that the money they earn get pumped back into the grassroots system.

All we ever seem to hear from either team is complaining. It's usually about money, and it's usually to the effect that more of it should be going into their pockets. I won't apologize for finding it irritating...

The reality is that the CSA signed a legally binding contract that bet against their own national teams. I don't like it any more than the players do. But it's a binding contract and restricts the money available for the players' purposes. Sinc - who I have a ton of respect for - has basically demanded that the contract just be torn up.

Who's in the stone age, exactly?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember way back when the women said they wouldn't be available to media so they could focus on an upcoming game? (collective they, not just Quinn)

I long for those days, the world made so much more sense.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0