Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Women Striking

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Womens side, first WWC in 1991 had no prize money.

2011 was the first tourney to include prize money and the amount was $5.8M

2019 the amount was $30M

2023 the amount is $110M

I have read that FIFA wants the next WWC prize money to be the same as the amount for the men in 2026.

No wonder Christine said "probably" ... I kid, I kid.

:)

CJ Mundy

Sep 8, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can not believe how naive I have been. I actually thought it was out of love for country and paying back to a system that gave you so much. Embarrassed actually.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can not believe how naive I have been. I actually thought it was out of love for country and paying back to a system that gave you so much. Embarrassed actually.
not this generation. me me me me me.

before reccos jumps in, i'm not suggesting they play for free. it's not a binary thing, but they're way way way too far to the end of "we want our bag"...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I wrong or does it appear Canada soccer needs money to fund proper “camps, trainers, physios, exhibitions.” Wouldn’t that Million dollars make more sense helping fund the stuff to actually make us better prepared. You can’t complain that we aren’t getting the funding other teams are getting but then want the money for yourselves.

Admittedly I have no idea how the budgeting and funding works as I have a hard time caring about all this. I always thought the national stuff was more pride and honour stuff. Obviously I’m out of touch. I get the women are in tough, I’m sure lots aren’t making enough as soccer players to call it a profession.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0