Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Women Striking

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

bill hader laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually brilliant on the part of the CSA... that's a poison pill for the CWNT... and to a lesser extent the CMNT... makes them look like the bad guys to the grassroots membership who don't know much beyond "yeah your fees went up so we can pay the pro athletes more"...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

“Players on both national teams have demanded an audit of Canada Soccer’s finances and a review of its media and sponsor contract with a private company called Canada Soccer Business, which is owned and operated by Canadian Premier League team owners.”

Good Luck with that

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

“Players on both national teams have demanded an audit of Canada Soccer’s finances and a review of its media and sponsor contract with a private company called Canada Soccer Business, which is owned and operated by Canadian Premier League team owners.”

Good Luck with that
Maybe John Judd was handling the cheque book......:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bet they were probably thinking they should have done it sooner haha. That was too easy

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many CSA presidents from Ontario have cokced things up and got the boot?

What happens to the Concacaf VP position now?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many CSA presidents from Ontario have cokced things up and got the boot?

What happens to the Concacaf VP position now?

Seems like he keeps it. Vic pretty much installed him there.

When US pres, Gulati, resigned he kept his CONCACAF/FIFA seats.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb , I think the tactics the women used led to their issues being noticed and acted on.
  1. Changes are happening in leadership.
  2. The federal minister of sports has spoken out.
  3. Women got a hearing before a House of Commons committee.
  4. Sponsors are talking.

In fact when I was in the insurance business lawyers whose clients lost in court told the failed litigants to take it to the media. At times it works.

Much like going to consumer reports people at the major networks - Global, CTV and CBC if it's a major story.

Travel, life insurance decisions hit the media when legal avenues fail. I think that's fine personally.

Robino makes the point that playing for your country shouldn't be about the money but these days national teams mean players must devote full time to playing and training and unless you're in the major leagues money is an issue.

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb , I think the tactics the women used led to their issues being noticed and acted on.
  1. Changes are happening in leadership.
  2. The federal minister of sports has spoken out.
  3. Women got a hearing before a House of Commons committee.
  4. Sponsors are talking.

In fact when I was in the insurance business lawyers whose clients lost in court told the failed litigants to take it to the media. At times it works.

Much like going to consumer reports people at the major networks - Global, CTV and CBC if it's a major story.

Travel, life insurance decisions hit the media when legal avenues fail. I think that's fine personally.

Robino makes the point that playing for your country shouldn't be about the money but these days national teams mean players must devote full time to playing and training and unless you're in the major leagues money is an issue.
Well, I have a lot of trouble with lawyers telling clients to "take it to the media" if they lose in court. That's getting pretty close to an assault on the rule of law, I think. If the clients want to do that fair enough, but lawyers ought to be careful about that kind of thing.

With respect to the CWNT, it might have worked but it doesn't mean it was right. I put exactly zero stock in the fact that the federal minister and house committee jumped on this - our current federal government is an odiously woke and decidedly illiberal gang of ignorati who virtue signal first, last, and in between. And the women did themselves no favours by celebrating that the new CEO is a woman (as if that grants some divine merit on its own), and then lambasting her track record on the merits. Like either she's a good choice or not - pick a lane.

It may well be a love-in in Ottawa, but I'm still not buying what they're selling...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0