Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Books

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but you don't drive...

Originally posted by animal
Maybe we can car pool and color together.

Animal;)

Isn't that you I saw the other day with the BIG "L" on your mommy's car? And oh, you must not be English, Australian OR Canadian if you are spelling 'c.o.l.o.u.r. like c.o.l.o.r.'

No need to car pool, I take the handi dart there!-
+Scjusttookthepissoutofherselfforthebenefitofothers

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shangrala!

Didn't everyone go there?

+SCisL.O.L.still-thanksforthehumor:D

BACK TO THE BOOKS!

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha

What a great place to meet chicks that place was. Young and not very bright just the way I like em.

Animal

onmywaytolangaratofindsomeholidaycheer

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bookheads

glad to see so many people here!!!

ALL se hinton books rule!

as for books enjoyed in high school "to kill a mockingbird" by harper lee. sensational.
to the girls - who read sweet valley high books????? preparing our young minds for melrose place!!!

s.c. i think you are aiming too high for animal i think he needs to just start with dr suess. i think you can also get tapes with an analysis of the book at the end.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe

maybe we should start a new thread with pictures of what Langara Girls would look like if they had a calendar...

But you can't really HEAR intelligence through pictures, or can you?

For those of you that don't know who this is you can catch her on her web anderson,pamela-HELLO

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sc if we could hear intelligence the pammy's picture would be the "cone of silence"

do you think they dictate her lines onto a tape for her to listen to on the beach before each show?:)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
L.O.L.

I 'searched' dumb blondes and came up with that web...yikes

I think Pam is a feeler, so her lines were done in brail ...and coke!

Sorry to those of you that may know her!

+SCisNOTblonde!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Non-Fiction

For an incredibly interesting read, I suggest The Moral Animal from Robert Wright. It delves in fascinating issues such as human polygamy, altruism, hetero & homosexuality, and attraction. It's very readable: easy, coffee-break type writing -- not boring in the slightest.

Check your local library or at Amazon.com

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
top read

just saw a preview of a movie called the shipping news. is filmed in newfoundland starring dame judi dench , kevin spacey amoung others.

the book by annie proulx is unreal and would recommend reading before watching!!!looks great .

dammit i wish i got there!maybe next time.....:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polar opposites

Glue - Irvine Welsh. Need I say more.

Fasty is going to have a go for sure with the recco:

Barney's Version - Mordecai Richler. With talent like that, there's no way he was Canadian.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Shipping News" looks good

Tiner:

I saw Kevin Spacey on Letterman last night with a clip of this movie and I agree, it looks and sounds from what Letterman said (and Spacey) that this will be a good one. At times you get the impression from some actors flogging their films that even they know the movie is crap. It sounded positive as Letterman either has seen something about it, read the bookas he knew a lot about the movie.

The clip they showed was Spacey in the small Newfoundland village where he had just returned walking near the water with an editor from the paper.

The editor asks Spacey to look out at sea and tell him what the headline in the paper would be. Spacey mumbles something about clouds on the horizon. The editor said no. The headline would be
Storm Threatens Village.

Spacey asks what happens if there is no bad storm. The editor said the next day headline will be something like Storm Tragedy Avoided.

I plan to buy the book for my wife and see the movie when it starts.
:) :) :)

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2nd book

if you want to buy 2 books get postcards by the same author . it is actually better.

i give many points to the fact that the film was done on location. if it wasnt i would not bother.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky....

I liked 'Glue' by Irvine Welsh. Last Christmas I was given a copy of his 'Filth' by someone who clearly couldn't stand me. That narrows it down. I hadn't read anything more depressing in my life until this season when I saw the standings for Div.1A and the Peg/Olys. Morbid.

'The Season Ticket' by Jonathan Tulloch isn't a bad little read and does for the Geordie dialect what Irvine Welsh does with his Edinburgh upbringing in every fcuking book he writes. It's been made into a motion picture, too, which a fancy way of saying there's a film out called 'Purely Belter' which stays true to the book in every way. Apart from the addition of a couple of Gateshead wizards.

026-6667395-1554008

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more non-fiction

keeper, will definately look for suggested read.

in reply, a book where you need an interest in history. "provos and the ira" by peter taylor. the author is recognised as the leader on this topic , he is a british journo who has been following these events for years. it is an amazing chronicle.

i started it after visiting belfast and londonderry around marching season. the hate and the violence are still real and despite what i thought, most involved still know and believe in what they are fighting for(both sides).

this book also shows that the british are not exactly who i would have invited to assist in the dealing of terrorism. over the last 90 years (approx.) in ireland they have had a shocker(or in strayn "a shocka").

i feel to give this review credibility i need to give the book a rating. not fully understanding SC's reating method i will stick to what i know best. a score out of 10 : 9/10 (loss of mark due to the anger caused by content):cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: more non-fiction

Originally posted by tiner

i feel to give this review credibility i need to give the book a rating. not fully understanding SC's reating method i will stick to what i know best. a score out of 10 : 9/10 (loss of mark due to the anger caused by content):cool:

tiner, in this case the rating may look something like this
9/10 is a mere B.8.5-

+Scisjusttryingtohelp:eek:

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC

Thank you. Thank you so much for your assistance.

your reward is = 1 beer purchased in aussieland upon visiting

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
make it a ...

VB please. I will settle for a Cascade though. Have one for me in the mean time... back to the books!

Anyone read the Farmers Almanac lately? It is creepy, something about crossing your index finger and baby finger and if they touch you will have the partner you choose (WTF?):confused:

+SC-notthatIamlooking:eek: -shutupknvb

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF indeed

It is creepy, something about crossing your index finger and baby finger and if they touch you will have the partner you choose (WTF?)
Is that in front of or behind the middle 2 fingers?

~TB.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0