Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Books

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not surprised but surprisingly disppointed. thought for a second some of you could actually READ......but , no still more pictures!!!

for the record i am currently trying to finish "lord of the rings" before i see the film:p

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touchè

Now that I've finished exams, I'd also like to re-read Lord of the Rings. I've borrowed it from my friend, but I don't think I'll finish it before seeing the movie.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rawk 'n' roll

'Powder' by Kevin Sampson, the ex-manager of the group responsible for the Christmassy 'All Together Now', The Farm, is a cracker. It's all about drugs, sex with cripples, rawk 'n' roll, and untold other debauched bits and pieces. Jinky and Willy would love it, HedKandi and Buckfast would too, and I daresay the Gaffa and Dazza would enjoy reading it as well. Keeper, you'll hate it and Christ knows what your girlfriend would make of the thing.

The book contains no wizards.

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
local

anybody read douglas coupland?? very very funny man.

microserfs is excellent and has some choice costco jokes.

i have read several of his books, none of which contain wizards.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff, Dapo.

As for books, I am currently listening to my wife talk about the "Lord of the Rings". She says it is not as good as when she read it in high school . Of course, I don't have the time to read it in between my 1089 posts. However, I remember reading one book in grade eight called The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
It was a good read.

I am currently looking at another novel sitting on the table that I will not be reading called Sailing to Sarantium . Apparently, it is a sci-fi book. Hopefully, other TTPers can read it and let me know if it is worth keeping on the book shelf.

Captain

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sailing to Sarantium - Not sci- fi but artsy fartsy fantasy novel from Winnipeg Author Guy Gavriel Kay.

It's OK if you like that sort of a thing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan,

Impressive(I guess). That is the 'Guy' and the cover is pretty lame. However......

Sarantium is the golden city; holy to the faithful, exalted by the poets, jewel of the world and heart of an empire. Artisan Caius Crispus ceceives a mysterious summons from the emperor, and sets off on a journey toward the sparkling city. But before Crispin can reach Sarantium, with its taverns and gilded sanctuaries, chariot races and palaces, he must pass through a land of pagan ritual and mysterious danger...........

I have heard that Lord of Emperors is a crackerjack sequel?

CaptainwhoiswaitingforKurgantocorrecthimagain

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sequels?

Sure I'll help you get your posting rate up by giving you something to respond to...

Crispus is a mosaicist - basically another wop tile-layer...but with a heart. A friend of mine, female, loved it and even got a signed copy.

Again, not bad, but not the Lord of the Rings.

Not nearly enough Wizards. Keeper would like it though.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like packets of crispus, especially cheese n' onion and my cat's breath smells like cat food.

CaptainwhoisofftobednowafterbeingpeltedwithtoomuchintellectfromKurgan

So, what did you think of the Outsiders, Kurgan?
Crispus is a mosaicist - basically another wop tile-layer...but with a heart

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I'm offering opinions...

The book was way better than the movie (as they usually are).

S.E. Hinton wrote THE OUTSIDERS when she was only 15 and had it published two years later in 1967.

The movie was a real who's who though.

Starring Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe and directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

~KurganofftobedbeforeTheCaptainasksforanymorebookreviews;)

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers

It's been an entertaining evening. I don't ask for much!
I loved 'The Outsiders' too, and 'Lord of the Rings'. I can't wait to see the movie although am sure it won't be as good as the book. I think it will just be different and hold a place of it's own.
Thanks for letting me in on your conversations. Feels a bit like eavesdropping but interesting for me...
good night all.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arthur Golden....

I've read all the books in the house and can't be arsed buying any more at the moment, libraries are just so pedestrian and old-fashioned, and the people I know don't read books as they're far more into the Buckfast school of red-hot Dutch literature so I've been trying to read 'Memoirs of a Geisha' which Sweet Fanny Adams left lying about the house. So far it's complete mince and there's not a tit, a blowjob, or even a ham-shank in sight.

Why would anyone write, nevermind read, such a book?

I'm going to go back to my A-Z of London, it's more realistic.

No kimono no, Fastshow.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't call me a freak but here's one for all of you

Okay, in order to cope with my addiction(s) and to deal with all you TTPers, I recommend "Anatomy of the Spirit, the Seven Stages of Power and Healing" by Caroline Mys, PH.D.

I'm not going to name names, but maybe some of you could benefit from some of the topics discussed:

A few tips for dealing with idiots
A few tips for addiction
Energy - consequences of belief patterns
Identity - Regsi
Principals of self-esteem
Loyalty -
Manipulation
Narcissisim
Negativity (bad attitudes)
Neuropeptides (the chemicals triggered by emotions)
Objectivity
Power-acquisitioners (I believe this is one for the married men in the crew):(
Psychotherapy (Knob, Copper, Appy possibly Kurgs):confused:
Reflective attitude
Self esteem (developing) - K-nob:confused:
Self sufficiency (Skytram)
Sexuality -
Shame
Social Justice
Stress (I don't think any TTPers have this):cool:
Support Groups - Knob & SC:D
Survival -Knob:eek:
Tribal Culture
Vengeance
Wisdom (we seem to lack in this area, except for Auntie Jinks of course);)

new words for small minds "HOKHMAH" - the energy of wisdom and the contact point between the Divine mind and human thought. :confused: "GEVURAH" - the energy of the power of judgement ;) "TIF'ERET"-the energy of compassion, harmony and beauty :) (for the female TTPers)
~SCdoesnotknowwhereallthatcamefrom

deb

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
geisha schmeisha

fastshow - i know where you're coming from....so to speak. i quite liked the book until i got to the end. it was certainly no "wild swans". now THAT was a good book. no wizards, though....

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where can I find

Some of these books sound interesting can anyone tell me where I can find the read along tapes, they must have the bell to let me know when to turn the page though. These tapes would be great for the beach in the summer, I could fool everyone it to thinking I was smart:rolleyes:

Animal

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for you Animal, it is called....

"Day care", "Preschool", or the "Open learning centre"

+SCnominatesAnimalforIrritatingTTperofJanuary

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens