Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] WC Quarter Finals - England vs Portugal [R]

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRUTAL. BRUTAL. BRUTAL. Poor Rooney. Christ with officiating like that I'd be lucky to last 5 minutes in most games.

At least the English kept their heads better than the Dutch. But Rooney still gets a red card. Does Scolari have naked pictures of all the refs wives or something?

Someone anyone please beat these prima donnas.

At least a Canadian scored a PK.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
How many chances does England need?

Diabolical red card. Absolutely diabolical.

The result is somewhat predictable though... Well, for 3 of us anyway.

KNVMillionaire

Am I the only one thinks that the red was for the stomp?? Referee 3 feet from it. he just waited for the melee to die down before he pulled it out. Rooney knew he was done. Pretty light protest by the English if that is what they thought.

I am a english supporter by a bit of blood, but this team did not deserve better. 5 arguably piss poor performances led by a guy that looks like he is napping on the bench. And a captain that is so self centered that he openly weeps on the bench when he should be rallying the troops.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is said that revenge is a dish best served cold and today Argentina through the referee of the Eng-Port game settled a score with England that dated back to the 1982 Falklands War with the sending off of Rooney. Rooney has had a number of undisciplined moments this tourney but he did not deserve a sending off for the shove on Ronaldo.

There is no chemistry with the England team and no real style of play other than lumping it up the park and turning over the ball for most of a game.

Hargreaves was super today and worked hard.

Until England learn to get people forward and attack and to play two strikers when at full strength, they will continue to lose on the world stage.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed reccos, i think most premier teams would be able to beat the english national team, with that being said, God I hate that Portugese team, I still can't believe they got this far.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lampard for me was the most disappointing of the bunch all tourney. Fcuk trying to get him and Gerrard to work together - just drop him from the national squad and reap the rewards.

There are 4 players I can't REALLY stand on England as I think they are all highly OVERRATED:

John Terry
Rio Ferdinand
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the replay, there was no stomp. Nothing that would have warranted a red in any case. I started the game wanting Portugal to win but they are divers and cheaters and they deserve to go home. I thought Lennon when he came on was one of the best on the field.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a Scotsman, that is a fantastic result. It's great to see England go out again :) :wa: . I must admit though, that call against Rooney was ridiculous. The only foul I think he committed all day was the one seconds before he shoved Ronaldo. Since when is a small shove a straight red card? P athetic!!!

With all the complaining about the refereeing, diving, cheating, etc., it all falls on the shoulders of F.I.F.A. in my opinion. Three or four World Cups ago they started telling the refs to start handing out cards more frequently for fouls from behind, etc. That has led to players receiving yellow cards for "tippy-tappy" fouls in these last few World Cups. How many games have we seen this year where the ref gives someone a yellow card within the first 5 minutes for basically clipping a guys' heels while he's trying to get his toe on the ball? What ever happened to a ref VERBALLY warning a player? What ever happened to yellow cards only being given out for dirty tackles or professional fouls? It's become a game for pussies!!! This has all led to the cheaters flourishing because all you do nowadays is scream and fall down as soon as you get touched, hoping your opponent will get carded. If you went back twenty years only the I-ties and Latin players did all that diving and acting bullshite simply because they were wankers, not because opponents were getting carded every 2 minutes. Defenders would foul forwards, ref would call fouls, forwards would get up being content with getting the free kick. AAaahh, the good old days!!!! It's all a shame because it hurts the game of soccer in North America where we are used to sports like hockey and football, sports where you play in pain and 99% of the time don't fake stuff. Thanks for ruining the game F.I.F.A., you fukcing wanks :mad: .

Anyway, back to feeling good ............GOODBYE ENGLAND. By the way, Brazil/France is a yawner so far.

Silver Fox

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
agreed reccos, i think most premier teams would be able to beat the english national team, with that being said, God I hate that Portugese team, I still can't believe they got this far.

I can...highly skilled, move the ball well and work together.....three things that England didn't do

Portugal to the finals:knvb:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
silver fox said:
Being a Scotsman, that is a fantastic result. It's great to see England go out again :) :wa: . I must admit though, that call against Rooney was ridiculous. The only foul I think he committed all day was the one seconds before he shoved Ronaldo. Since when is a small shove a straight red card? P athetic!!!

With all the complaining about the refereeing, diving, cheating, etc., it all falls on the shoulders of F.I.F.A. in my opinion. Three or four World Cups ago they started telling the refs to start handing out cards more frequently for fouls from behind, etc. That has led to players receiving yellow cards for "tippy-tappy" fouls in these last few World Cups. How many games have we seen this year where the ref gives someone a yellow card within the first 5 minutes for basically clipping a guys' heels while he's trying to get his toe on the ball? What ever happened to a ref VERBALLY warning a player? What ever happened to yellow cards only being given out for dirty tackles or professional fouls? It's become a game for pussies!!! This has all led to the cheaters flourishing because all you do nowadays is scream and fall down as soon as you get touched, hoping your opponent will get carded. If you went back twenty years only the I-ties and Latin players did all that diving and acting bullshite simply because they were wankers, not because opponents were getting carded every 2 minutes. Defenders would foul forwards, ref would call fouls, forwards would get up being content with getting the free kick. AAaahh, the good old days!!!! It's all a shame because it hurts the game of soccer in North America where we are used to sports like hockey and football, sports where you play in pain and 99% of the time don't fake stuff. Thanks for ruining the game F.I.F.A., you fukcing wanks :mad: .

Anyway, back to feeling good ............GOODBYE ENGLAND. By the way, Brazil/France is a yawner so far.

Silver Fox
Spot on SF!

Does this mean Rangers have finally cut the nutbar between the pipes?

:D

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I can...highly skilled, move the ball well and work together.....three things that England didn't do

Portugal to the finals:knvb:

Sure, to the finals to get pasted by Germany.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
-Rooney is a donkey! When is going to grow up? I think the red was for the stomp to the groin area of the portugese player. Fully warranted. No ref would pull a straight red for a flimsy shove.

-Sven is pathetic....If he wants to play 4-5-1: Place Crouch as a target man up front and have Rooney slide in behind, he'd see much more of the ball in positive situations.

-Frank Lampard should be embarassed.

-I thought Carragher was going in for the cramping Terry and a possible pk if needed......like 9th or 10th......not 4th. He wasnt even warmed up!

-Hargreaves outstanding performance on Canada Day.

-At the end of the day England was fortunate to be in the top eight. They simply did not perform at World Cup 06.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
silver fox said:
Being a Scotsman, that is a fantastic result. It's great to see England go out again :) :wa:
Being a German, that is a fantastic result. It's great to see England go out again :) :wa:

As I somewhere between Revelstoke & Golden during the match, I missed the whole thing. However watching the highlights on the FIFA website, it's pretty obvious that Shrek received the red for stomping the Pork Chop's nuts. Watch it a couple of times -- you'll see.

The only major disapointment was discovering that Beckham wasn't fit to convert another field goal. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky, England. :D GIRUY

Portugal is officially the biggest bunch of cheating wanks in the tournament. I hope they get ****ing gubbed by the French next game.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I think you forgot about Beckham in your 'overrated' list. He used to be a good player but, as was pointed out by a T&T player (Birchall, I think), Beckham just doesn't have the legs anymore. It was no coincidence that every time Lennon came on (in place of Goldenballs:rolleyes: ) the team was far more dangerous. Also, as was pointed out by LFC2, that was a pathetic display of leadership by Beckham after his substitution. Crying on the bench? For fcuk's sake, quit trying to steal the spotlight, get off your ass and spur the boys on.

God, Sven is lame. I can't believe the money he was getting paid for that load of shite. It seemed like he was a thirteen-year old kid, picking the team after reading the newspapers and seeing highlights on TV. Unbelievable. Here's a suggestion. Have some balls and put Lampard and Beckham on the bench you useless cnut. Oh, and great idea to take Walcott. He came in useful.:rolleyes: Thank god, he is quitting. I will laugh my ass off if Real, or any 'big' club for that matter, pick him up after that display of tactical acumen and bold leadership.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Portugal is officially the biggest bunch of cheating wanks in the tournament. I hope they get ****ing gubbed by the French next game.
Next to Portugal, there's Italy. If karma actually works, it'll be a French/German final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Looking at the replay, there was no stomp. Nothing that would have warranted a red in any case. I started the game wanting Portugal to win but they are divers and cheaters and they deserve to go home. I thought Lennon when he came on was one of the best on the field.

He stomped him. He is a cheating ugly bastard. Beckham is a ****ing baby. Lampard was a fanny the whole tournament. It was exactly what should have happened.....England out of the tournament.

Rooney is a bawbag and tries to be a little too much like Mr. Gascoigne. :D

A great way to end Beckham's World Cup career. :D

At least Posh can give him a gobble later.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Next to Portugal, there's Italy. If karma actually works, it'll be a French/German final.

Keeper,

I have to admit that I hope the Germans win the tournament. They have been the most consistent and have played some attractive football at times. Klinsmann has done a great job with the team and it doesn't hurt to be playing at home either....

The other 3 teams at some point have cheated significantly in the tournament.......Italy striker against Australia, Portugal(every ****ing game with their diving), and of course Henry's phantom shot to the jaw against the Spanish. If karma plays a part here, Germany should win this tournament, even though they started two World Wars. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0