Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] WC Quarter Finals - England vs Portugal [R]

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i really don't think portugal is going any farther, Germany is to take it all, god i hope they do, they have been the best team out there, no diving (maybe some) but not even 5% of what italy and portugal have done this tourney, those two really need to hang at hollywood and make sum of the shitty movies they have been making out there, they will fit right in. GERMANY ALL THE WAY BECAUSE OF THEIR WORK ETHICS AND THE FACT THAT I SPEAK A LITTLE BIT OF DEUTCH :D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why Rooney was sent off!! A stamp to the balls is dangerous play, pure and simple. Well done, Troll. The side actually played better down to 10 men and with Beckham off of the park. They should take note for future international's. Hargraves was dangerous all day long and Lennon created and ran hard upon entering the game. But WTF is with Crouch??? How does that guy make the side? He's ****ing useless!! It is disapointing to see Portugal fall over and roll around when someone runs up behind them. Semi's will be entertaining with a full side verus France. Deco should provide some excitment. At the end of the day, Portugal are through and send England packing, again.
Forca Portugal!

Attachments

• stamp_g.jpg
    stamp_g.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I change my mind after seeing a close up of the offense that I don't think was shown during the game. Rooney is a mental fukc who is no better than the cheating, diving Portuguese.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rooney did not get the red for the stomp. I've watched the replay about 30 times now, and the ref was only giving a free kick until the 'push'. He stood over the ball and pointed towards the england goal for about 5 seconds - no looks at Rooney, no motion towards his cards, nothing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Rooney did not get the red for the stomp. I've watched the replay about 30 times now, and the ref was only giving a free kick until the 'push'. He stood over the ball and pointed towards the england goal for about 5 seconds - no looks at Rooney, no motion towards his cards, nothing.

I didn't realize your headset was hooked up to the refs to know what he gave the red card for. :D

Either way the bastard should have been sent off and he was. :)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be more worried about the greek league final than playing on the computer at this point. You musn't be feeling very well. Wouldn't want you to give out any more dodgy red cards like yesterday. ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone notice the absolute difference between the Brazil/France game and the Portugal/England game?

Outstanding sportsmanship on the one hand ie players and clubmates hugging congratulating each other...playing the game as it should be played.

And then there was the Portugal/England match. Firstly, Portugal got through to the game by cheating (Holland cheated as well), and then again to the semis. A player of Figo's stature does not need to stoop to the level he did. They are a team that tries to draw other players into being sent off by faking injuries and over-reacting (C. Ronaldo, Figo etc).

It is really too bad, they are a team of many fine players, but I at least will forever look at them as a team that cheated their way to the semis.

Hopefully cheating is now over, but dont hold your breath.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canucklehead said:
This is why Rooney was sent off!! A stamp to the balls is dangerous play, pure and simple. Well done, Troll.
It's Ogar. Get it straight, donkey. And Regs is right, he was sent off for pushing that little poof not stomping the other lads Mickey Gilly. 6 in one really. I can't wait for the Chops to be knocked out.

Attachments

• shrek.jpg
    shrek.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 160

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
I didn't realize your headset was hooked up to the refs to know what he gave the red card for. :D

Either way the bastard should have been sent off and he was. :)
And I didn't realize your eyes were so bad to be incapable to infer from the obvious.

Oh wait, that's right, you're a ref now. :eek:

:D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
It's Ogar. Get it straight, donkey. And Regs is right, he was sent off for pushing that little poof not stomping the other lads Mickey Gilly. 6 in one really. I can't wait for the Chops to be knocked out.

Oh..I am aware of what you Muppets refer to him as but in an effort to not sound like everyother poster on TTP, I chose Troll.

BTW...from SoccerNet.com:
Updated: July 2, 2006
FIFA to investigate Rooney red

Wayne Rooney will be investigated for violent conduct following his 62nd-minute sending-off in England4s quarter-final defeat by Portugal.

FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler said this morning: 'Wayne Rooney got a direct red card so he will automatically be suspended.'

He added: 'It will be a disciplinary case. If you may ask why (he was sent off) I refer to law 12 on violent conduct to make that clear. Like for any other player (who got a red card) the committee will decide on the penalty.'

Rooney was dismissed after appearing to stamp on the groin of Ricardo Carvalho and then push Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Asked whether the 20-year-old was dismissed for the stamping or pushing, Siegler said: 'I refer to rule number 12 on sending-off offences.'

FIFA`s disciplinary committee also opened a case against Argentina4s Maxi Rodriguez for his involvement in the post-match brawl between Germany and Argentina.

We shall soon learn the real reason for the red. It appears that FIFA are unsure of which act of "Violent Conduct" that the little Troll was punished for. What a Meathead!
KNVB: As for the you, the rest of your Dutch supporters and the English supporters all around: Don't go away mad, just go away:D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The World Cup final is on Wednesday at noon France verus Portugal I have both in my blood but I am going to stick with Portugal winning 2-1 in extra time.

Germany or Italy it doesn't matter they will both lose....

Italy although won 4-1 in the exhibition before the tournement

Ronaldo is a lock for the best young player award!!!:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
And I didn't realize your eyes were so bad to be incapable to infer from the obvious.

Oh wait, that's right, you're a ref now. :eek:

:D

And I would like to think a fairly competent ref. :D

I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the middle soon with your interpretation of his sending off. :D :bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poshs bristol cities for captain...

Beckham quits as England captain

David Beckham has decided to step down as England captain after holding the role for six years. But the Real Madrid star does want to continue his international career.

Beckham revealed his decision at England's final news conference in Germany in the wake of their World Cup quarter-final defeat by Portugal.

The 31-year-old midfielder said: "I feel the time is right to pass on the armband as we enter a new era under new coach Steve McClaren."

Beckham was forced to leave the pitch against Portugal in the 52nd minute with an Achilles injury that will force him out of action for six weeks.

That England went on to lose the game on penalties made Beckham's announcement even more emotional.

It was England caretaker manager Peter Taylor who made him captain in 2000.

And Beckham was keen to thank the now Crystal Palace manager when he read from his prepared statement in Baden Baden on Sunday.

With tears in his eyes, the former Manchester United player said: "On 15 November 2000 Peter Taylor gave me the greatest honour of my career in making me the captain of England, fulfilling my childhood dream.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have captained our country and I want to stress that I wish to continue to play for England and look forward to helping both the new captain and Steve McClaren in any way I can."

I am extremely proud to have worn the armband and been captain of England and for that I will always be grateful

David Beckham

He said: "I came to this decision some time ago but I had hoped to announce it on the back of a successful World Cup. Sadly that wasn't to be.

"This decision has been the most difficult of my career to date. But after discussing it with my family and those closest to me I feel the time is right.

"Our performance during this World Cup has not been enough to progress further and both myself and all the players regret that and are hurt by that more than people realise.

A tearful David Beckham reads his statement in front of the media

"I wish to thank all the players for their support during my time as captain, as well as Peter Taylor, Sven and all the coaches.

"I would also like to thank the press and, of course, all the England supporters who have both been great to me and my team-mates. I want them to know for me it has been an absolute honour.

"Finally, I have lived the dream, I am extremely proud to have worn the armband and been captain of England and for that I will always be grateful."

Beckham was an important link between the players at this year's World Cup and manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

He tried, but Beckham summed up this England team - hyped up, all style and no substance

And he led by example against Greece in 2001 when his curling last-gasp free-kick sent England to the 2002 World Cup finals, where they were beaten by Brazil in the quarter-finals.

Eriksson said of Beckham's decision: "He's been a very good captain and very proud to do the job.

"I was a bit surprised when he told me but you have to respect his decision.

"It is now Steve McClaren's job to decide on Beckham's successor. He has a lot of choices that are more than capable of doing the job. It is very much up to him."

poof...

Attachments

• _41837576_beckhamstatement203.jpg
    _41837576_beckhamstatement203.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 53

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steven Gerrard has slammed the conduct of Cristiano Ronaldo for his role in Wayne Rooney's red card.

Rooney was sent off during England's World Cup quarter final defeat to Portugal after stamping on Ricardo Carvalho.

As referee Horatio Elizondo stood over the incident, Ronaldo came up to the official to remonstrate over the actions of his Manchester United team-mate.

Ronaldo was then pushed by Rooney before the England striker was dismissed for his initial altercation with Carvalho.

The actions of Ronaldo have drawn heavy criticism and Gerrard was fuming with the Portuguese winger.

"If it was one of my team-mates, I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that," said Gerrard.
"I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order."

Television cameras also caught Ronaldo winking at the Portuguese dugout after Rooney's sending off, with Gerrard again infuriated by his Premiership rival.

The Liverpool captain added: "I think that sums him up as a person.

"If I was playing against my team-mates from Liverpool and they were involved in a situation like that, I'd never try and get them sent off."

Gerrard was later one of the players to miss in the penalty shoot-out, as England lost to Portugal in the same fashion for the second tournament in a row.

He remains disappointed with his spot kick, which was saved by Ricardo, and is still devastated by England's World Cup exit.

He continued: "I just can't get the penalty out of my head. I feel numb at the minute.

"I was man enough to step up and take it, but, the way I hit a ball, I should score a penalty.

"It never went exactly where I wanted it to go. I've taken maybe 20 or 30 penalties and I've probably scored 95 percent of them.

"I tried to do what I did for Liverpool in the FA Cup final, but my strike wasn't good enough."

Attachments

• gerrard_ronaldo.jpg
    gerrard_ronaldo.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 53

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
The World Cup final is on Wednesday at noon France verus Portugal I have both in my blood but I am going to stick with Portugal winning 2-1 in extra time.

Germany or Italy it doesn't matter they will both lose....

Italy although won 4-1 in the exhibition before the tournement

Ronaldo is a lock for the best young player award!!!:D

I've found Ronaldo has been pretty useless and ineffective all tournament. Other then being a little whiny, diving bitch he hasn't done much. podolski(sp) has my vote, hehas been abig part of the german's success.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently Rooney has told british tabloids he will split ronaldo in two if he sees him at training camp. I have a feeling ronaldo is going to get that transfer he is looking for.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0