Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] WC Quarter Finals - England vs Portugal [R]

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] WC Quarter Finals - England vs Portugal

Team Becks to beat up on the Portugese buns, who are missing too many super stars.

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Figo has been cleared to play against England. Why does FIFA even bother with "video evidence"? How can anyone justify Figo's actions? He should not only be suspended for the head butt, but for his faking/diving as well.

Sandman

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I totally agree with Sandman. Figo is caught blatantly head butting and still Fifa does nothing. I hope Ashley Cole and/or whoever plays right back kicks him all game.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Read FIFA's explanation in the article I posted here. It's ludicrous to say the least. Basically, they're saying they won't do anything despite the fact it was a bad desicion by the ref, simply because a descision was made.

Dumb.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with champ and Sandman, Figo should have gone for three games.

Apparently Scolari is challenging Deco's first yellow card. He said Holland were not playing by the fair play rules, and should have passed the ball back, after the drop ball. He pretty much said, because Holland didn't give the ball back to Portugal, Deco made the challenge. Although I don't know how chopping someone from behind is fair play. I find it pretty funny.

If they look into this, they should also look into the fair play headbutt again.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Granted, the game was a total gonger, but of all of the fouls committed I would have to say that Deco had no choice but to chop Van Persie down. Everyone here knows that the sporting thing to do was knock it back and everyone on the pitch is stunned as Marco Van Bastard is encouraging V. Persie to take off with the ball.
Even with Deco and Costinha out, Portugal is good for the win. They played Mexico with 5 starters out incl. Deco and Costinha plus R. Carvalho and Figo and still beat a Mexican side that is much better then England. It's a wonder really, why anyone would think that England will do anything more in this tourney. They barely beat Ecuador for Chirst's sakes!
Forca Portugal!!!

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

It will be nice to see Scolari take his apprently depleted team against an England side that was desperate to have him come over after the tourney. You'd have to take 5 more starters off the park for England to have a sniff.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now that the Dutch are out I have no choice but to hate Portugal.

England to win, ugly and undeserved. I hardly think Portugal inspired anyone with that performance against the Dutch.

If Portugal plays the same undiciplined game, and England is able so stay composed, look for lots of free kicks for Beckham.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Granted, the game was a total gonger, but of all of the fouls committed I would have to say that Deco had no choice but to chop Van Persie down. Everyone here knows that the sporting thing to do was knock it back and everyone on the pitch is stunned as Marco Van Bastard is encouraging V. Persie to take off with the ball.

So you must be a class act on the pitch too...you condone revenge for not kickin the ball back...is that what you consider sporting...of all the stupid things people have posted about the world cup so far I think you win with this one..

I suppose you have a rational for why that idiot Figo head butted someone too...they must have deserved it right...:rolleyes:

It's a wonder really, why anyone would think that England will do anything more in this tourney. They barely beat Ecuador for Chirst's sakes!

England and Portugal won by a goal...how the hell can you say that they barely beat Ecuador...Portugal barely won..not only that they shouldnt have....you are hilarious

Portugal are the new Italians with their cry baby attitudes, lack of class and expert diving ability...you should be proud...I'll look for Figo to spit on someone next match....:eek:

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Superstriker said:
So you must be a class act on the pitch too...you condone revenge for not kickin the ball back...is that what you consider sporting...of all the stupid things people have posted about the world cup so far I think you win with this one..

I suppose you have a rational for why that idiot Figo head butted someone too...they must have deserved it right...:rolleyes:

England and Portugal won by a goal...how the hell can you say that they barely beat Ecuador...Portugal barely won..not only that they shouldnt have....you are hilarious

Portugal are the new Italians with their cry baby attitudes, lack of class and expert diving ability...you should be proud...I'll look for Figo to spit on someone next match....:eek:

You're bang on that I'd have fouled him and if you go to any park in the lower mainland on a given weekend and the same thing happened, you can bet your rightous ass that said player would have had a similar fate. That's the price for being an unsporting fcuker. That's just being honest. And let's get real here...he got clipped and rolled on the floor like he'd been 2-footed. Lots of cheating going on that day from both sides.
Not a game a fan from either side can be proud of.

Are you actually putting Ecuador in the same class as Holland??? Very observant...Portugal beat Holland by a goal as did England over Ecuador. But Holland are a supiorior team to Ecuador and my point is that if Portugal are able to beat quality sides such as Holland and Mexico with key plyers out of the line up, then they are quite capable in taking care of England. There is no way that you can say that England are equal to Holland at this point. Do you actually watch the games or just the highlites on SportsCentre, muppet?? Give your head a serious shake.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

:wa:
You're bang on that I'd have fouled him and if you go to any park in the lower mainland on a given weekend and the same thing happened, you can bet your rightous ass that said player would have had a similar fate. That's the price for being an unsporting fcuker. That's just being honest.

Thanks for makin the point that you and the portugese twit are also classless idiots....I never said it was ok to not give the ball back...but you proved for me what a bunch of morons actually play this game..the dutch guy included

And let's get real here...he got clipped and rolled on the floor like he'd been 2-footed. Lots of cheating going on that day from both sides.

Well I wont disagree with that welcome to W.C. 2006 it's terrible..everyone's tryin to play like Italians now...and look at the game against Australia why shouldn't they it works...bunch of diving losers...However the headbutting and intent to injure on behalf of deco regardless of the reason is unacceptable and anyone condoning that behaviour is as much a moron

Are you actually putting Ecuador in the same class as Holland??? Very observant...Portugal beat Holland by a goal as did England over Ecuador. But Holland are a supiorior team to Ecuador

Superior how?? cuz of their ranking or performance?? Ecuador beat Poland (rnk 28) 2-0..Costa Rica (rnk 26) 3-0...Holland beat Ivory coast (rnk 32) 2-1....Serbia (rnk 46) 1-0...Tell me where the superiority comes in !!! two 1 goal wins against worst opponents than ecuador who won by 2-3 goals without getting scored on..

There is no way that you can say that England are equal to Holland at this point.

I think I just did....and proved it too

Do you actually watch the games or just the highlites on SportsCentre, muppet?? Give your head a serious shake

I've watched almost every game...seems like you are the one who has no idea what he's talkin about....:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anything other than PKs would cheat the fans of absolute drama.

Please let Beckham try again. :D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for makin the point that you and the portugese twit are also classless idiots....I never said it was ok to not give the ball back...but you proved for me what a bunch of morons actually play this game..the dutch guy included

If you agree with the point, then what else was he to do? He had no other option then to foul him. And again...it was a clip of his feet and not some horendous 2 footer. there was no other choice then to let him go straight to goal.

However the headbutting and intent to injure on behalf of deco regardless of the reason is unacceptable and anyone condoning that behaviour is as much a moron

Intent to injure? Are you kidding me? Does that mean that every foul that occurs is an intent to injure or was it with the intent to negate an oportunity at goal?

Superior how?? cuz of their ranking or performance?? Ecuador beat Poland (rnk 28) 2-0..Costa Rica (rnk 26) 3-0...Holland beat Ivory coast (rnk 32) 2-1....Serbia (rnk 46) 1-0...Tell me where the superiority comes in !!! two 1 goal wins against worst opponents than ecuador who won by 2-3 goals without getting scored on.
I always base my thoughts on the FIFA ranks, don;t you??;)
A few results you didn't consider:
Argentina(1) #9 Rank vs Holland (1) WC 2006
Holland (2) vs Czech Republic (0) (Rank #2) WC Qualifier 08/10/2005
Holland (2) vs Czech Republic (0)WC Qualifier Sep 8, 04

Oh..beating Costa Rica is a real feather in the cap.

It's not as though I was inferring that Ecuador was weak, but Holland play better teams throughout the tourny and qualifying and that is what I base my opinion on. And just Ivory Coast are a better team then a 32 rank would indicate.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like England but that was by far the WORST call of the tournament so far. Figo can head butt someone and get a yellow but Rooney barely shoves Ronaldo and gets sent off. This ref won't be doing the final.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many chances does England need?

Diabolical red card. Absolutely diabolical.

The result is somewhat predictable though... Well, for 3 of us anyway.

KNVMillionaire

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lampard with a solid miss:rolleyes:
Hargreaves scores...Canadian:bronco: :knvb:
Gerard nice shot goof....right at him:knvb:
Carragher another beckham like shot:knvb: :bronco:

Portugal....Ronaldo........goal.......goal........:knvb: :bronco: :wa: :D