Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCTF Strike 2012

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would it not be better to cast out: ineffective-pedophiliac teachers; doctors plagued with malpractice; and Lawyer... all of them?
Kick'em

I wasn't gonna go their. Glad you did. It's a huge problem the way alot of these teachers talk about their students. Kick'em you obviously socialize with a few teachers on a regular basis. I only know about half a dozen teachers on a social basis and they all talk the same. Thats not to say every teacher is a perv but makes u wonder how many others are like this. You look at them differently.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, one of the reasons I never went the teaching route is that I didn't want to be known by students as "The Perv" - how any male high school teacher cannot be caught sneaking a peek these days is beyond me.

Nope, definitely couldn't do it.

So instead I chose the path to be know as "The Prick" on the Internet.

:)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Regs, akslop and Sid have you beat in this category by miles.
Freddy u should release christy Clarke from ur dungeon so she can get some sorting done with This walkout,don't make me and akslop pay a special visit to u!!
Special Ed is special freds long lost retarted brother

Social distortion Sid

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey regs I thought u would of got lots of education this year playing with SULLY?
Just saying

Sid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid,

A special meeting is in order. Lunch Thursday march 29th @ the Fid? R U allowed out?

Freddy go fukagoat!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid,

A special meeting is in order. Lunch Thursday march 29th @ the Fid? R U allowed out?

Freddy go fukagoat!
Well today I'm going to Whalley in my f350 & going to cross the picket line & run over Freddy & his crack head teachers
Ps;is it girls gone wild lunch?

Lol

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
as to the general issue here, if the main ask are better conditions for learning, them I fully support the teachers. There's a ton of value added there for our society, and if we need to sink money into it so be it. Thats precisely what the lawyers who take public defender cases are asking for - not a pay raise (although we've had a net paycut of 10% over the last 15 years, not accounting for the cost of living, but I digress), but for value added things such as more coverage for more people that will save the justice system millions in the long run.

Where the teachers lose me, and I suspect many others, is when they demand 15% over 3 years. You wanna poke that dog, game on. I have no medical/dental, no pension, no job security whatsoever in that I eat what I kill, zero sick days, and zero days of paid vacation. You have 10-15 weeks of paid holidays a year, less whatever time you take in the summer to review/edit your annual lesson plans. You have health benefits, you have a pension, and you have to pretty much have an affair with a student to get canned.

You want more money? Go get a masters level degree. Until then? Fcuk RIGHT off...

To clarify, we get paid for 10 months....we pay into our pension(imagine that), we pay into our 'benefits'(only get up to 20% back if we go to physio for example). Don't get me wrong......I'm very satisfied with what I earn as a teacher and enjoy what I do. Hence the reason why I voted NO. I do understand the conditions in certain areas are not as good and I understand if that's the area of concern. As Regs mentioned, I don't get why things from the bargaining team like the bereavement issues, are made public without us even having a say. That bereavement thing was the most embarrassing thing since our last 'leader', Sims, saying we damand a 24% increase. It is an embarrassing time to be a teacher in more ways that one at the moment.

As mentioned, if I had another job waiting tomorrow that paid the same, I'd be gone. Everything outside the classroom or off the practice field/floor is a mess.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, the question of having admin control hiring within their school. Where that could work in some cases, what would stop them only hiring family friends or people they like... not who is better for the position.

Welcome to the real world where experience, qualifications, reputation and connections matter more than how long you have been working.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see BC's resident ambulance chaser Jim Sinclair has thrown his unmitigated support behind the BCTF. Shocking!! :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, would you say that you are in the minority when it comes to your thoughts/beliefs? or do you feel like more actually feel like you but keep quiet for fear of being ostracized etc?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well today I'm going to Whalley in my f350 & going to cross the picket line & run over Freddy & his crack head teachers
Ps;is it girls gone wild lunch?

Lol

Pick me up on the way!

Yes Lingerie Lunch .. i mean its a fundraiser to support the women who dont have clothes.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, would you say that you are in the minority when it comes to your thoughts/beliefs? or do you feel like more actually feel like you but keep quiet for fear of being ostracized etc?
I'm
Curious !!do u get extra money for coaching soccer in school captain !or is that volunteer time?!me thinks u should be paid for your time!that saying if you don't & volunteer how do u & where do you get the time to adjust your schedule to get focused for the next school day?

Sid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and for the person who was on about the sick days......sadly there are people who abuse things in a variety of jobs..not just teaching. FYI, I believe I have 188 sick days saved. Am I going to use them all? No chance. At the end of it all, what do I get? Nothing. Just a bunch of sick days that will disappear and never to be used. There is no payout plan in our district AND I'm not going to use them just for the sake of using them......especially if someone on TTP is going to be offering me a job soon. See above.

CS

Yes people abuse the sick days in variety of jobs. But the way teachers have it setup, all they have to do is call a general number. press 1 for english.. Then enter an id number.

I think they call it " taking a 10 personal".. Im sure you have heard that phrase used before.

Anyhow, nothing personal.. but you have a lot of colleague's abusing the systems your selves fought for a had put in place from the last dispute.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain:

I know you pay into your pension but I belive that pension is also an issue at the table and the Union hasn't disclosed that either.

I 'think' the BC teachers pension is the only 'defined benefit' plan left out of all provinces and the rest are 'defined contribution' now.
This is a huge difference and am led to believe the BC pension is a cherry compared to the rest of the country.
I've only heard that though and is therefore a rumour and don't have any proof when I say that.

Cheers,
RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to know, RF. :) I just check my statement at the end of the month and only complain about the MANY deductions. Having said that, I'm satisfied with the money I make despite the deductions being depressing. :)

Hope things are well with you, Big Man.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expert calls for review of B.C. education spending | CTV British Columbia

But Niels Veldhuis, a Fraser Institute budget expert, said his calculations find that education funding has increased by 32 per cent since the Liberals were elected in 2001 and when inflation is factored into the equation, the increase is still 10.8 per cent.
He said the teachers' union is calling the education numbers a cut when the money has actually increased, though at a slower rate than spending on health care.
"What they (the teachers' union) are doing, in my opinion, is purposefully misleading British Columbians because they're suggesting that education has been cut when that is 100-per-cent absolutely false," said Veldhuis, who suggested skeptics consult page 144 of the government's current budget and fiscal plan to see the increases.
Education Ministry statistics also indicate another source of the confusion: Money for education is based on the number of pupils in the system and those numbers are dropping. Ministry statistics show student enrolment has dropped almost 42,000 students this year compared to last year to 556,045 students provincewide.
Per-pupil funding has increased $2,229 per student to $8,491 for each student, but there are fewer students being funded.

hmmm....

Shared service agreements between 17 Vancouver-area school districts could more efficiently deliver $400 million in outside classroom services, the budget suggests. Potential savings in joint tendering and transportation services could produce savings between three per cent and eight per cent annually.

But Unions will always protect other Unions. Would the TF say that you could do away with redundant bureaucracy in order to get their demands? Never! Everyone is entitled to their entitlements.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS

Yes people abuse the sick days in variety of jobs. But the way teachers have it setup, all they have to do is call a general number. press 1 for english.. Then enter an id number.

I think they call it " taking a 10 personal".. Im sure you have heard that phrase used before.

Anyhow, nothing personal.. but you have a lot of colleague's abusing the systems your selves fought for a had put in place from the last dispute.
What does CS stand for ass slop?if they don't get what they want he will be calling 911 or the TA for a jOb

Acid

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0