Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why should the Sun or Province write articles about it? They don't since the readers don't care and it doesn't sell papers.

If this league goes ahead, like I think it should, it should have nothing to do with all the old, allready had their chance at trying to play pro or go over-seas, and should be all about the up and coming young players of this area. If we want to be like Jr Hockey in this country, then, make the league like that, not a top semi-pro league that older players can relive the glory days in.

This new league would be for the best players coming out of youth, allmost a reserve league for the USL and MSL. Then the VMSL, FVSL, and IVSL that is left, is for the young kids that didn't make it, and the old farts that can stll play, but will never go any higher than the local leagues.

It is a great idea, because, the VMSL and FVSL have been used as development leagues for young players coming up in the system for far too long.

What does a young 16 or 15 year old kid get out of a Premier training session, it is a over-rated beer league, the young kids should have better places to go then the top Premier leagues in the lower mainland.

If the league happens, I hope that it is to develop the young players, and not boost egos of the old has-beens.

hos

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahah u guys are funny still can't sort it out.

Ghouse - PCSL is NOT a great league it is a very good Summer "BEER" league. And stop paying your players to play. $100 dollars a game for Riopel wow ur generous.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone:

Why did you attribute a quote to me that I would never make?

Please fix it.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is a over-rated beer league,

this is true it always makes me smile when you read guys saying ...yeah welcome to the show and such

play in front of 10,000 or more each week then crow.
some guys on here realy think they are the shite because they have played prem for a few years and done well i very very rearly talk about my past because its just that past .... its all about what i'm doing now that matters now.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson you know Riopel. LOL. He is playing div 2 for us trying to get fit after his ankel injury. I wouldn't buy him a bus pass let alone a hundy to play div 2. LOL. I did give him a ride after last game to the skytrain. And the pcsl is a dam fine beer league.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This idea has been a vision (forward thinking clubs) for some time now and FVSL is a big reason for it. This league is not to make the national program better today, rather geographically organise an equal standard across the lower mainland and Island. The VMSL has long been the "top teir" where many of the graduated university players and ex-pro's end up. Many have ethnic historical ties and have lived off that reputation. However, their "Friday night turf league" at the local high school has been an eye opener for many players.
Here are some of the points Dude clearly stated but some how got mixed up:

Concept
-12 team league with 4 spots allocated from each league. After each year, the bottom 3 teams get relegated back to their respected associations and 1 tea from each league gets promoted.
Actually posted by: Bluebird
Once the higher league is in place and a team can win their way into a higher league and play at their home park, perhaps some of the players who travel from all over the valley to play v.m.s.l. will no longer have to, and the home teams will be stronger.
- funding will not be provided by BCSA or CSA. All of the "Aussie sports" and CSA debate could hasve been spared.
- double headers are for travelling teams to split costs.
(ie) Metro Ford and Langley would play on the Island against Gorge and Vantreights at the same pitch on a Saturday at 12:30 and 2:30pm. Thus creating a bit of an atmosphere!
- clubs that are spending $ on player developement have a place for their kids to go if they don't make pro or have finished University.
- this is a winter proposal with the summer switch or a rugby style "winter break" (Dec. - Feb.) option down the road. This is not to be alligned with eastern canada or that scum from alberta! We need to be selfish and think what works best for local football. The vision can expand as sucess builds.
- like the PCL, teams will need to provide changeroom and showers for their travelling visitors. Most teams can do this already, but it will be up to individual leagues to prepare "their" teams to do this. Home games shared meaning Club Ireland could host 2 time slots at Minoru with the other home team being Columbus. That would be reversed later in the schedule with Hastings bowl being a home game for Club Ireland.
(ie) if teams like Inter can only provide a friday night spot at Van Tech. they would be shite out of luck unless the VMSL got them the use of Hastings bowl.

The BCPL is a great avenue to provide a high calibre amature league, with a place to play for up and coming "local "prospects and players that strive to be better but will never be a professional. I really think this will be great, but will take a few years to get to where it needs to be.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
- this is a winter proposal with the summer switch or a rugby style "winter break" (Dec. - Feb.) option down the road. This is not to be alligned with eastern canada or that scum from alberta! QUOTE]

Guiness ah no need to get personal and call albertans SCUM just because we create and have the best players in Canada no need to get personal. The only reason your playing at a high level now in BC is because the level has dropped. lol C'mon CELTIC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
- this is a winter proposal with the summer switch or a rugby style "winter break" (Dec. - Feb.) option down the road. This is not to be alligned with eastern canada or that scum from alberta! QUOTE]

Guiness ah no need to get personal and call albertans SCUM just because we create and have the best players in Canada no need to get personal. The only reason your playing at a high level now in BC is because the level has dropped. lol C'mon CELTIC

Getting old. You're not even an Albertan, and have nothing to do w/ the success of their system. The coat-tail riding is tierd.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concept
-12 team league with 4 spots allocated from each league. After each year, the bottom 3 teams get relegated back to their respected associations and 1 tea from each league gets promoted.

what happens, for example, the first year, the bottom 3 teams come from FVSL. But then you relegate the worst team from each represented league? There would be a problem if the top 4 teams came from one league and you would have to relegate the 4th place team. Probably won't happen but it is a viable scenario.

Without knowing all the discussions, it sounds like a new league that is formed by taking the 4 top teams from VMSL, FVSL and VISL. Wouldn't that simply be taking the 4 best team from each league thus a waterdown effect??? For example VMSL the first year after the new league starts will comprise of teams placing 5th -12th and adding some teams from Div 1

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happens, for example, the first year, the bottom 3 teams come from FVSL. But then you relegate the worst team from each represented league? There would be a problem if the top 4 teams came from one league and you would have to relegate the 4th place team. Probably won't happen but it is a viable scenario.

Without knowing all the discussions, it sounds like a new league that is formed by taking the 4 top teams from VMSL, FVSL and VISL. Wouldn't that simply be taking the 4 best team from each league thus a waterdown effect??? For example VMSL the first year after the new league starts will comprise of teams placing 5th -12th and adding some teams from Div 1

I gave a few scanarios earlyer on in this thread. 2 ways of religation is possable. 1 where you just simply religate the bottom 3 teams and which I believe most here agreed would happen and could make over a few years a division of just 1 area (ieVMSL)a dominant player in this new league.
The other religation idea is similar to the Mexican system where the bottom team from each area is religated .Meaning yes a forth place team could be religated if they were fourth behind all 3 teams from the same area. Thus always keeping the same amount of teams from each of the 3 areas... I do like this aswell because it makes all games vs teams from your area or home league very important. (6 point games or derby matches)
something to think about for sure

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gave a few scanarios earlyer on in this thread. 2 ways of religation is possable. 1 where you just simply religate the bottom 3 teams and which I believe most here agreed would happen and could make over a few years a division of just 1 area (ieVMSL)a dominant player in this new league.
The other religation idea is similar to the Mexican system where the bottom team from each area is religated .Meaning yes a forth place team could be religated if they were fourth behind all 3 teams from the same area. Thus always keeping the same amount of teams from each of the 3 areas... I do like this aswell because it makes all games vs teams from your area or home league very important. (6 point games or derby matches)
something to think about for sure

that wouldn't be bad. 3 groups of 4. each group one guaranteed to be relegated.

the other fight will be the allocation of provincial spots. the 3 current leagues will have to continue to lose spots. PCSL already took one of 16 already.

Will there be 2 pizzas given out every week or just one for VMSL Premier?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting old. You're not even an Albertan, and have nothing to do w/ the success of their system. The coat-tail riding is tierd.

Dude if you only knew! hahahaha that is funny maybe you should bring a team out to MY Tournament then you can make your stupid conclusion as to why Alberta is the best soccer province in Canada. No more talk guys come out to Calgary August long weekend and prove that your better and don't try and say we need to come out there to prove it as you know we are the 2 time defending national champions we have home court advantage.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would I do that? Unlike you, I'm not defined by my success (perceived, actual, manufactured, or otherwise) in this sport. I could really care less if Alberta is better or not. In my opinion, if Alberta is able to produce better players that will one day help develop a better National side, I'm on board. Competition and raising the bar is good.

I'm just telling you, oh so politely, that your coat-tail riding claims of self fulfillment are getting tired.

I know...I know...you're "rich, bitch".

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude unlike you who has never won anything or been on top. Everything i do turns into winning wether that is playing or coaching. Sorry to spoil ur fun but i am not coat tailing anything or anyone. lol hahaha Man it must suck to be you cuase if you really new what i do and have done you would be eating your words muppet. It is guys like you that ruin the game and think they know everything yet they have down nothing......proove me wrong what have you done and won. Dude! nice name ..did u figure that name out after a few puffs narly man!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So predictable. You win at everything, including beating up little kids. Well played.

I suppose you'll be coming over to my house to punch me in the face now. Maybe use your gold chains as brass knuckles. That's what a coat-tail riding, clinically retarded muppet would do.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larrson I for one am very impressed. Dude's an idiot obviously.

I'd like to know more about your winning ways and your Midas touch. Do you offer a testimonial pamphlet? Is it by donation? Can you provide me your Ministries address? And can you throw in some of that Mirance Manna.

Appreciate
Donkey.

Some posts are difficult to get through.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AH poor DUDE did not like my comment so you forget about answering my question and instead attack me personally .. Bravo well done peanut head!
And last time i checked i have never beaten up a little kid . What incident are you referring too and where you there? Right!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larrson I for one am very impressed. Dude's an idiot obviously.

I'd like to know more about your winning ways and your Midas touch. Do you offer a testimonial pamphlet? Is it by donation? Can you provide me your Ministries address? And can you throw in some of that Mirance Manna.

Appreciate
Donkey.

Some posts are difficult to get through.

Sorry man you either have it or not! You can't teach this stuff just has to be naturally

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so predictable. You win at everything, including beating up little kids. Well played.

I suppose you'll be coming over to my house to punch me in the face now. Maybe use your gold chains as brass knuckles. That's what a coat-tail riding, clinically retarded muppet would do.

dude answer the fecking question have you won anything!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing of significance, muppet. Somebody call the waaaaaaaaaaaambulance. I'm crushed.

You? I mean, besides the race to the butter aisle.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0