Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Travelling teams

Speaking of start times....

IMO, these games which include ferry travel should be played on a Saturday. Our 3pm start in Cowichan (I think it's Duncan) will be a late SUNDAY night trip home. If you lose and end your season, no one is in the mood for a Monday hang over. If you win, there is no point celebrating as you still have big games to play (and don't want a Monday hang over).

If the Island teams do what the lower mainland teams have done and play on a Saturday, we can have pints win or lose and actually enjoy the road trip. I know it must be impossible for organizers to understand this side to the game. :rolleyes: However, this is the part of travelling the players really enjoy.

Guinnessjusthappytobestillplayinginprovincialcup!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was a bit of an odd game out at Newton yesterday. It was not your typical provincial cup game the way I remember it (mind you, it’s been a while)…as WAB pointed out, there were scoring chances flying all game for both teams and Delta were indeed unlucky not to have scored on a few other occasions...but so were we. Yes, our first goal was a fortunate bounce but the buildup and cross was brilliant. As for the 2nd goal, there was no deflection from my view, other than a slight tip by the keeper after a great strike from the top of the box. Our 3rd goal was magical.

I am very proud of our group's performance because Delta is one team that really gives us problems…something about the match ups and their style that can cause issues for us…and for other teams in the league, as evidenced through the amount of goals they scored in the league this year (near the top of the table). As Sandman says, Blakeway, Miller and Harp up front together in the 2nd half would be a handful for any team. They also are a team with a lot of experience, which is important at this time of year so, above all, we are extremely pleased to be moving on in the competition. At this point I believe all teams would subscribe to the saying, "Just Win". :D

Congratulations on a very solid season to Delta…a very classy team.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Reedie

Unlucky Jr..You boys did have a good season.

That's the beauty of the B C' s. In one game anything can happen.

You are right though R R..." Just Win Baby" is the term. Congrats.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL said:
KNVB - did you really try to not pile on. If the backup goalie wouldn't have made 4 or 5 quality saves when they were down to 8 men it would have been 8-0. Plus you shat your pants about 5 times in their six yard box. Good luck the rest of the way. When you talk about merging, I'm assuming you're merging with the PAU Rangers and going to play Master's because you guys looked really old out there.

JTL
This coming from the guy who thought it best to score 7 goals in an 035' league game. Great stuff. I bet you really felt like Jack the Lad that day. If watching you play against us this season in Premier is any indication of how we looked old, you're right, time to move on. Cheers, tips, we'll do that as soon as we're knocked out.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hotel suggestions in Victoria? Not The Empress!

Beaches,

I would not worry about Hotel accomodations, but rather referee allocations. Just wondering who Simon will officiate Indo or Akal?!?!;)

Good luck against Bays United.

Gilly

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be a tad leary of the hotel situation in victoria this weekend....apparently giving head [gordon head] are holding their annual youth soccer tournie this weekend and my guess is teams from everywhere and anywhere. i would recommend the 9am ferry, shud be at uvic between 1115 and 1130. The real key is having a designated driver for the way home.......

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

I actually believe Aztec Ruler is referring (not to be confused with refereeing) to Tad Leary, the not so famous brother of this guy ..............

Denis Leary

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI - PAU vs Poco is now under review with BC Soccer with a official protest. As opposed to an unofficial one like we have when TM tries to take his shirt off. Referee conduct being the main concern.

I can't say I like it, but I can't say I totally blame them.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI - PAU vs Poco is now under review with BC Soccer with a official protest. As opposed to an unofficial one like we have when TM tries to take his shirt off. Referee conduct being the main concern.

what about my ferry reservations?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

How long is this process!? :eek:

I guess there's a hearing tonight or something on this, have you PAU folks been invited to the meeting?

I guess it is all over for Rueben officiating in this league ever again... :)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're Friday night plan to hire a male prostitute doesn't concern the rest of us :wa:

Hey asshole i double check my spelling before i posted to avoid any confusion:D ! I belevie they spell Ferry diffent in Vicotria...
Its either spelt FAIRY or KASH HEED..

Cheers bastard:D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What a shambles this is! I guess they submitted the protest within the acceptable time limit? Still, is refereeing by itself grounds for a protest??? Sounds more like sour grapes to me but I wasn't there. I did hear the president of the FVSL's behaviour on the sidelines was shocking....yup, that's correct, similar to that of a "spoiled child."

It wouldn't surprise me to see a ridiculous ruling come out of this. The entire system is a poor man's kangaroo court at the best of times. For example, why the fcuk was the vmsl scrambling to sign off on accepting a ruling that would see suspended players permitted to play in the provincial cup?!!! The diabolical thing was that this was being done on the day of the first provincial cup game. It may come as news to some in the vmsl but apparently we have voted to accept the ruling. :rolleyes:

Great news for a few teams that had some key guys out (i.e. Poli and Sulentic) who are now eligible to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0