Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock, you are a muppet, end of story...what's its like coming on here and being the 'critigue guy'? Anything can happen on the day.

Yes, a muppet. Very original.

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to predict who was going to win in the final. What am I allowed to say, Porter7? BTW,what the fcuk is a 'critigue guy'? :confused:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hosting the Semi Finals

Congrats to all who won yesterday on a great day for football.
However, a couple of things that I'd like to vent about it here possibly benifiting those who plan on hosting this event in the future.

Schedule change mid-tournament:

We've spoke about this and beat it till it's dead, but I just want to confirm that the day was not complete without a few bus loads of idiots who would have come from the Island. When we were asked to host the Semi finals, the main reason to do so from our point was to showcase our facility and do things right. To take the other "Main Match" away from the tournament was bad form and should have been decided in August. Unfortunately, without Gorge or Bays coming over they won't know what playing on a fantastic natural grass park is like. I would have loved to have played at home last year in the semi's against Sporting at our facility rather than that postage stamp turf shite that Gorge call a pitch! I never complained then because that is what other teams have always had to do as I did the same thing in Nanaimo 6 years back against Westside.
That said the precident has now been set and lower mainland teams will no longer have to travel to the Island for a semi final game against another local squad. IMO this takes away from the tournament atmosphere and its nature being a "Provincial Cup" event.

Beer Garden:

I personally spent hours preparing and getting everything in place to host hundreds of beer drinkers complete with a 60" screen for hockey and a patio to see field #7. Unfortunately getting a permit to host an outside (in a public park) beer garden is not easy and ALL proceeds MUST go to charity. Previously we've sucessfully had the gardens behind the net, but were not able to do so this time around. That combined with the many Island idiots who would loved to enjoy this and the garden lacked atmosphere. ALL of the Metro Ford, West Van, Westside, Columbus fans and players who only wanted to drink their own beer all over the park and then "forget" to clean up the empties is very disappointing. It is very discouraging to put all of the work into this to then have no one appreciate it and take advantage of the facility. A few executives and old boys thanked us and said how well everything was done, but personally I don't think I'll ever cater again to BC Soccer, VISL or the many muppets who walk all over you and then leave a big mess behind them.

Can you imagine the scene at Hugh Boyd if all of the Scotland, England and Ireland fans and players drank around the park rather than enjoy the beer garden? That tournament is legendary because of the atmosphere in the garden!

Just a thought, but maybe West Van should host the Semi's on Friday night on turf! Possibly Inter or Croatia? I know Azzi has loads of facilties to chose from and all include grass and changerooms!

As a player who still loves to compete I find it emabarassing others don't realise what it's like to get these things sorted and take advantage of what's on offer rather than pretend they are at home and have to smuggle beer around the park and piss in the parking lot. There was a kids game about to start and many of the West Van donuts were still drinking on the pitch and spitting chew all over the place! No class. Great win, but take it to the change room or the beer garden. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVan will pump Gorge.......end of story.

Anyone fancy a bet?

I'll take you're bet.

Gorge are always the underdogs when they play the Vancouver teams .......but somehow we've won 3 cups in the past 10 years.

The fellas are looking forward to the roadie and a great match-up. It's been a pretty easy run thus far...sounds like we'll be playing the best
from the mainland.

Six pack to the winner Shamrock!!! Seeya after the final. :wa::bronco::knvb:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a muppet. Very original.

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to predict who was going to win in the final. What am I allowed to say, Porter7? BTW,what the fcuk is a 'critigue guy'? :confused:

Cap,

Critigue is what the dyslexic call critique ('g' and 'q' look almost the same and are right beside each other on a keyboard dontcha know?) ;)

In this case, we have a dsxleicy Islander who took the prediction to heart instead of at face value. Remember, the Islanders don't get what it means to "Take the Piss" as admitted by one of their own. They have a heavily moderated and restricted message board for soccer banter, discussion etc. I believe there was even mention of juvenile armed challenges in parking lots between each other or something similar.:eek:

Go West Van (or as Azzi/Tremarco love to say, the former Trollers!) Bring the cup back to the VMSL!!!

Porter7

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Transplantid island purson actually in this poo hole they call Vancoover for reasins out of my control, and thanks for the dsylexeia shout, I'm tryi'n my best here...another one who critigues others. cheers! Let's meat at the bikeracks after school and setle this.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Transplantid island purson actually in this poo hole they call Vancoover for reasins out of my control, and thanks for the dsylexeia shout, I'm tryi'n my best here...another one who critigues others. cheers! Let's meat at the bikeracks after school and setle this.

Maybe instead of meeting at the bike racks, you should be in the classroom brushing up on your English skills.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

At least you are taking the piss now P7 :D!

Don't worry about the jibes, initiation to TTP can be rough (but I hear that's how they like it on the island...) As for the bike racks, they are too close to the school where Pricipal Strickland can get us. I propose the baseball diamond at the back of the school. No weapons, just wits.

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take you're bet.

Gorge are always the underdogs when they play the Vancouver teams .......but somehow we've won 3 cups in the past 10 years.

The fellas are looking forward to the roadie and a great match-up. It's been a pretty easy run thus far...sounds like we'll be playing the best
from the mainland.

Six pack to the winner Shamrock!!! Seeya after the final. :wa::bronco::knvb:

You're on, Tunes..........:) Having said that, have you any players playing who DIDN'T play against RCIU? :D I need to know that information before finalizing our wager. :)

nanutdfc

Mar 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanted to give kudos to the Peace Arch Boys for putting together a great semi final weekend. Great day of soccer, beautiful facility, only thing that sucked was the score in our game. Thanks for all the hard work, good luck to all those made it through to the finals.

FK- Nanaimo United FC

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're on, Tunes..........:) Having said that, have you any players playing who DIDN'T play against RCIU? :D I need to know that information before finalizing our wager. :)

Nope, thats all we got .......:eek:. Oh wait...we do have a "STUD" named Karpati who may gear up for the final. If that happens, and we win...I'll reduce the bet to a single beer. :wa: (Lucky please)

Cheers
Tunes

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh come on... Gorge struggled to beat a bunch of muckers from Richmond. Why even play the game? Just engrave the trophy and hand it over. :rolleyes:

My 2 bits on the lone semi final at SSA.

The pitch was absolutely outstanding. It was in perfect condition... and had to have been a joy to play on. Congrats to PAU for putting on such a great event. It is a real shame what happened with the 2 island teams... as this is an unfortunate precedent to set. Undoubtedly this will come back to haunt BC Soccer. Why would PAU offer to host again in the future???

Bit of a soft peno to start off the scoring... when CMF had the bulk of the pressure early. CMF had to change their game in the 2nd... and opened the game up. Matt Bird stood on his head and the "young veteran" made a series of "superlative stops" to give his side a chance to even the game up (is there a vBookie event on either of those terms being thrown down in Azzi's Week in Review?). A fantastic performance from him, for sure. WVFC did what they always do... played simple footy and defended well keeping CMF miles from the net. A simple, well organized performance... finishing their early chance... and locking down the back for the rest of the game. They will be tough to beat.

BTW... a baseball hat brim poke?? WTF? Hardly enough for the straight red shouts, although that felt can make your eyes water, I'm sure. "He's gotta go, ref!!!". That was the highlight of the game for me. Well, actually, this tight mom who was cheering on her daughter on the adjacent field took a lot of my attention I must admit. Baby blue lululemon... thanks for that.

Looking forward to the big game.

WVFC 2 - 0 Gorge
WV with one 25 mins in... and another in the dying moments.

patty

Apr 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
you realize sixfyv that its how the teams plays on the day, your richmond club battled hard and played well and we did not play well on the day but somehow still managed to win, end of story. Also no other team in this province has won 3 BC's in 8 years, just process that for a min before you take the piss about what a bad team we are. just like last years final it will be a battle and that will be decided by a goal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hosting the Semi Finals

Congrats to all who won yesterday on a great day for football.
However, a couple of things that I'd like to vent about it here possibly benifiting those who plan on hosting this event in the future.

Schedule change mid-tournament:

We've spoke about this and beat it till it's dead, but I just want to confirm that the day was not complete without a few bus loads of idiots who would have come from the Island. When we were asked to host the Semi finals, the main reason to do so from our point was to showcase our facility and do things right. To take the other "Main Match" away from the tournament was bad form and should have been decided in August. Unfortunately, without Gorge or Bays coming over they won't know what playing on a fantastic natural grass park is like. I would have loved to have played at home last year in the semi's against Sporting at our facility rather than that postage stamp turf shite that Gorge call a pitch! I never complained then because that is what other teams have always had to do as I did the same thing in Nanaimo 6 years back against Westside.
That said the precident has now been set and lower mainland teams will no longer have to travel to the Island for a semi final game against another local squad. IMO this takes away from the tournament atmosphere and its nature being a "Provincial Cup" event.

Beer Garden:

I personally spent hours preparing and getting everything in place to host hundreds of beer drinkers complete with a 60" screen for hockey and a patio to see field #7. Unfortunately getting a permit to host an outside (in a public park) beer garden is not easy and ALL proceeds MUST go to charity. Previously we've sucessfully had the gardens behind the net, but were not able to do so this time around. That combined with the many Island idiots who would loved to enjoy this and the garden lacked atmosphere. ALL of the Metro Ford, West Van, Westside, Columbus fans and players who only wanted to drink their own beer all over the park and then "forget" to clean up the empties is very disappointing. It is very discouraging to put all of the work into this to then have no one appreciate it and take advantage of the facility. A few executives and old boys thanked us and said how well everything was done, but personally I don't think I'll ever cater again to BC Soccer, VISL or the many muppets who walk all over you and then leave a big mess behind them.

Can you imagine the scene at Hugh Boyd if all of the Scotland, England and Ireland fans and players drank around the park rather than enjoy the beer garden? That tournament is legendary because of the atmosphere in the garden!

Just a thought, but maybe West Van should host the Semi's on Friday night on turf! Possibly Inter or Croatia? I know Azzi has loads of facilties to chose from and all include grass and changerooms!
As a player who still loves to compete I find it emabarassing others don't realise what it's like to get these things sorted and take advantage of what's on offer rather than pretend they are at home and have to smuggle beer around the park and piss in the parking lot. There was a kids game about to start and many of the West Van donuts were still drinking on the pitch and spitting chew all over the place! No class. Great win, but take it to the change room or the beer garden. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm thinking a semi held at the picnic grounds would be EPIC!

Well said Guinny.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW... what was with the cowbell at kickoff???

There was a confused look from the spectators who were looking for the Austrian Bobsled team to come tearing through the park.

MORE COWBELL!!!!

oh you didnt know

Mar 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has any of the West Van players played in a BC cup final before? i predict they will have a shocker on the day...Gorge will win 3-1, then everyone from the mainland will make the excuses that they didn't play there best game. Lots of players off Gorge fc will be going for there 4th provincial title, that experience will go along way this weekend.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sixfyv, I think you should bet Patty a six pack too.........this would bring TTP to a new level. With Beer on the line, PAtty would giver!

P.S. How do we beat such an epic WV side??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0