Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2008 - Banter, Etc...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, I wasn't there but I heard we bbq'ed until 10:00 pm that night. You probably didn't see us, as we respect the rules about drinking at the park in Port Moody. We therefore move to the back parking lot away from the field so that we won't be associated with the AMSL and lose our field permits!

"I'm not sure what you mean. Our game against you guys you didn't field a team for either drinking or soccer, as with the 7 players and no one was around after drinking. We left there at midnight that night!"

On another note, at least we didn't forfiet like alot of other teams would do, including POCO rockets!

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, I wasn't there but I heard we bbq'ed until 10:00 pm that night. You probably didn't see us, as we respect the rules about drinking at the park in Port Moody. We therefore move to the back parking lot away from the field so that we won't be associated with the AMSL and lose our field permits!

"I'm not sure what you mean. Our game against you guys you didn't field a team for either drinking or soccer, as with the 7 players and no one was around after drinking. We left there at midnight that night!"

On another note, at least we didn't forfiet like alot of other teams would do, including POCO rockets!

If you say so..:rolleyes:

And for the record since I have played for this team (about 10-12 years) we have never forfitted any game to my knowledge. Thanks for the kind words anyways though!

I almost thought for a minute that someone from the Young Guns ( the most tryhard team in the history of this league ) called us tryhards, that woulda been funny..:bronco:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game was forfitted by the Beernuts, sucks arse as it was such a nice day to drink the bevvies

trust me...we didn't want to do it, but, unfortunate for us, we have a quite a few "SHitaly" supporters that would rather watch their team lose than play footy themselves. i agree, it does suck, and i apologize on behalf of my team for having to do that, but, it was either that, or play short and that's no fun.

striker14

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker you must have us confused with another team!

"I almost thought for a minute that someone from the Young Guns ( the most tryhard team in the history of this league ) called us tryhards, that woulda been funny.."

Young Guns a team that has been in the league longer than any other AMSL team, now that's a HISTORY lesson! By the way I might add *********, just in case you can't add that's 9 stars! LOL :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UJ's 5 - Butter 4 or 4-3 or something like that.
that was the most "co-ed" like game we've played all year.
Including the bevies afterwards.

Although it was weak that Butter ran out of cold beer.

Awe shucks.... they like us! They really like us! :)

It was a fun game, we came to drink beer (well not me exactly) so it was nice not playing a try hard team!

Yes we're having some ice issues on the team.... we can buck up for tons of beer & coolers yet only 1 bag of ice?!?! After swapping you guys all our warm beer we actually had to do a beer run! Team shotguns over & over cause our beer supply to diminish quickly... :(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, my apologies I forgot you have been in the league a long time and not only enjoy the post game bevvies, but you also enjoy losing losing! Most people I know like to at least try and win, no matter if it's a drinking game, bocce, cards or any sport activity for that matter!:D

"And for the record since I have played for this team (about 10-12 years) we have never forfitted any game to my knowledge."

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, my apologies I forgot you have been in the league a long time and not only enjoy the post game bevvies, but you also enjoy losing losing! Most people I know like to at least try and win, no matter if it's a drinking game, bocce, cards or any sport activity for that matter!:D

"I have to admit after a dismal start to the season YG is starting to come back into their winning ways. After a bad loss to Poco Rockets who thought it was great to run up the score against a team with 7 players and a female in net"

By the way, I know you werent there so I will correct your mistakes. You had 10 players, started with 8 for 5 mins. The female goalie went in for the last 10 mins and was only scored on once. Way to twist the facts..:rolleyes:

That's probably enough said to reply to that latest drivel you wrote!

We have definately won many more games than we have lost in our history that is forsure! We have never sourced out premier players and such and have been happy to play mostly in the rec division of this league to which we are almost always close to or at the top of! Again this year we signed 2 players that havent ever played in a mens soccer league. If you are trying to get into a my team is better than yours discussion go right ahead, I'm not interested. The funny part is you started this whole tryhard labelling rant and now you are defending it cause you realized it applies more to YOU....:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, does this mean you guy's signed two more females players to your team this year?

"Again this year we signed 2 players that havent ever played in a mens soccer league."

Actually I'm not defending the tryhard label, YG has never created an image or consciously attempted to change our style! I will state that the AMSL has evovled with us being in the league!:D:D

try-hard

A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, does this mean you guy's signed two more females players to your team this year?

Nope, 2 guys that never played mens. My point being that ours is a team where theres a large difference in skill from the top to bottom. Of course we want to win, no one that plays any organised sport is doing it hoping to lose. Just that for most of our team now and in the past it has been about hanging out with friends and LOTS of bevvies, just been nice that we have won a fair share over the years.

As I'm sure with all teams in the league there are certain players that take it more serious than others and at times act a little too "try hard". The thing we try hardest at is finishing the cooler every week!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, if that's the case than you guys are winners every week!:D

"The thing we try hardest at is finishing the cooler every week!"

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, you've been around this site long enough to know how to QUOTE someone properly. If you are still unsure, please ask KNVB for a lesson.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14 you know you are right, but since they did the upgrades to the website, I've never been able to quote, as my cursor always ends up in the middle when I go to paste something and then it's half cut off! So I'm keeping to my simple ways and it's winning for me, opps I meant working for me! LOL :D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I would like to thank Orange Crush for allowing us to use a couple of BDGC players so that we could field a team last night.

But I like to vent today about what bothers me most in coed soccer and I know I probably will take a ribbing from a few of the idiots on here. Hi super striker.

Why do some girls like to take cheap shots at the guys knowing that we are not going in hard on them so that they do not get injured. When you play mens soccer you expect it and go into tackles hard to protect yourself from getting injured. If we were to do the same in coed you would see a lot of girls getting hurt and for the most part the majority of girls respect the fact that a guy will back out of a tackle so they don't injure a girl. Some girls seem to use coed to prove that they can play as hard as a guy and like to take cheap shots knowing there is nothing we can do...or is there.

The way I see it you can either take the Rockets approach to coed and go in hard on the girls. Or what I prefer is if a girl takes a cheap shot at you the next time you go into a tackle with one of their guys you arrive accidentally a little late. I think that would be playing coed soccer in the spirit that was intended.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I would like to thank Orange Crush for allowing us to use a couple of BDGC players so that we could field a team last night.

But I like to vent today about what bothers me most in coed soccer and I know I probably will take a ribbing from a few of the idiots on here. Hi super striker.

Why do some girls like to take cheap shots at the guys knowing that we are not going in hard on them so that they do not get injured. When you play mens soccer you expect it and go into tackles hard to protect yourself from getting injured. If we were to do the same in coed you would see a lot of girls getting hurt and for the most part the majority of girls respect the fact that a guy will back out of a tackle so they don't injure a girl. Some girls seem to use coed to prove that they can play as hard as a guy and like to take cheap shots knowing there is nothing we can do...or is there.

The way I see it you can either take the Rockets approach to coed and go in hard on the girls. Or what I prefer is if a girl takes a cheap shot at you the next time you go into a tackle with one of their guys you arrive accidentally a little late. I think that would be playing coed soccer in the spirit that was intended.

I quit playing co-ed for that very reason, had to worry about tackles coming late and from behind, and they knew there would be no reprocussions. Many years without ankle problems since I stopped playing.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirtydiggler, first you come and burn people than, you ask for players? What team are you, cause I might have some players for you (guys or girls) ?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?!?!?! We let you use other players and then took at 5-2 humping from you as a sign of appreciation?!?!:eek::confused:

I wasn't there at our game against you STD, but it sounds like some of our girls may have ruffled your feathers? Were they really cheap shots or just mis-timed tackles? Our ladies aren't ones to lay on the cheap stuff...unless you're the guy who called 2 of them cnuts last year? Then I would fully endorse any of our ladies gouging, giving shots to the nuts, or just giving someone a good ole kick as they run by!;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0