Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2008 - Banter, Etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another season is almost here!

TOURNAMENT - MAY 3rd and 4th

AGM - Monday, March 10th
Team contacts will receive an email with directions to the meeting

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello,
It appears that all teams will be returning this year. Unfortunately, this means that there is no room for expansion.

One possibility for next year is that we move to 2, 15 team divisions (30 teams---up from the current 24). However, for this to occur, we would need to find a few more fields in the Vancouver/Burnaby/TriCities areas that are available on Sundays and the odd day throughout the week.

GK
NSSSAA Coordinator of Athletics

hmmm

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's fast approaching. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
And i'm getting fat not playing at all.

Not that this league is any way of keeping in shape, other than pear shaped.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
got my team's tourney schedule, no 8am games this year! *phew*

anybody have an idea when the league schedule will be out? website? etc?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that this league is any way of keeping in shape...

round is a shape :(

i look forward to another season. i was knocked up last year, so missed out.
i have a gimp ankle right now, but, hoping to be in the tourney.

see you on the sidelines!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap!!! We've been given the dream BBQ & cooler schedule with all 11am Sunday games at Eagle Mountain...sweet! BTW, where fcuk is Eagle Mountain???? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap!!! We've been given the dream BBQ & cooler schedule with all 11am Sunday games at Eagle Mountain...sweet! BTW, where fcuk is Eagle Mountain???? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Wow, you did luck out. But be sure you're cooler is full enough because there's not too many beer stores around that field. Its isolated between the golf course and mountain atop Westwood Plateau. Just get onto Eagle Mountian Drive and go up and up an up past civilization. Good place to have many pints, and a little bit of footie too.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, you did luck out. But be sure you're cooler is full enough because there's not too many beer stores around that field.

You mean there are no beer stores around that field. The closest ones are back down at the base of the plateau.:eek: You might want to bring an atv as well and head for a ride after or a nature walk:rolleyes:, out of civilization is almost right.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
could someone post the tourny schedule?

Saturday games are 50 minutes each (one half) and Sunday games are 2 x 35minutes. Each team plays 3 games and there are no playoffs.

GATES TURF

Saturday

11am All Over Beernuts
12pm All Over Gunners
1pm Beernuts Gunners
2pm Knackered Orange Crushed
3pm Knackered YG Inc.
4pm Orange Crushed YG Inc.
5pm Shadow FC Cosmos

Sunday

10:30am Shadow FC Knackered
12:00pm Cosmos Beernuts
1:30pm Shadow FC Gunners
3:00pm Cosmos Orange Crushed
4:30pm All Over YG Inc.

GATES C
Saturday

11am Barely There Gin & Tonic
12pm Barely There Cheatside
1pm Gin & Tonic Cheatside
2pm UJ’s Beefeaters
3pm UJ’s Slappers
4pm Beefeaters Slappers
5pm Violators Wanderers

Sunday

10:30am Violators UJ’s
12:00pm Wanderers Gin & Tonic
1:30pm Violators Cheatside
3:00pm Wanderers Beefeaters
4:30pm Barely There Slappers

PITT RIVER
Saturday

11am What The FC PCOV
12pm What The FC BDGC
1pm PCOV BDGC
2pm Rockets Butter
3pm Rockets Like Rabbits
4pm Aftershock Like Rabbits

Sunday
10:30am Aftershock Rockets
12:00pm What The FC Like Rabbits
1:30pm Butter Aftershock
3:00pm PCOV Rockets
4:30pm Butter BDGC

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to teams who cheat in the tournament and if they make it to the playoffs and want to borrow every non-drunk to play, we are now relegated to playing 3 meaningless exhibtions games, yet still calling it a tournament( Yipee). Congrats to the Cosmos for taking all the fun out of this by winning the last tournament without a game being played, but via a straight shootout! I heard if this keeps up that next year, there will be no league games but the AMSL will consist of 10 or 12 exhibitions games depending on if you want to be in the top half of the draw or the botttom half.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one Conductor.

On that note, Union Jackers won this years AMSL (Adult Meaningless Soccer League) Title.

I have to admit, it does suck to just play 3 games and be done.

So to whomever is screwing things up for everyone else, give your head a shake and play fair..........you big meanies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team contacts voted (unanimously) on this format at the league "AGM" for a number of reasons:

-Having a "winner" was meaningless since teams in the finals and semis were filled with players from other teams
-Committing to an entire weekend and not knowing when you would be playing on Sunday is difficult for many in the league
-Teams would piss off if they did not win their first two games since they knew they were out of the playoffs, thus ruining it for the teams they were scheduled to play
-Teams were not great reporting their scores
-Who really cares who wins this tournament

The idea was that this weekend should be used to meet your new team mates or get together with those you have not seen since last year. You would get in a few practice matches, know the times you had to commit to ahead of time, and not worry about tryhardness.

I always hear the "It's just co-ed" argument, so a tournament whose outcome meant nothing would be a good way to see if people really mean what they say.

If the tourney format is to be changed next year, I recommend to all those who want a change that you tell your team contacts to bring this up at the AGM. That's how things are decided in this league.

I also recommend that you put your name forward to help run the weekend and/or league.

Speaking to Herb a few weeks back, we were of the opinion that the league could save $2000+ if we passed on this tourney altogether and got right into the schedule. This way all teams could also get a "bye" Nations Cup weeked.

I could not be there this year due to a family issue, but I hope all went well and I thank Mel, Warren, Herb, and whoever else helped out with lining fields, putting up and taking down nets, etc.

Best of luck to all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We didnt' need a book of excuses Dial, after all, it's just co-ed
;)

Tourney was fun. We played a decent time for morning game, then sat and drank for the rest of the day. can't beat that!

Good luck to all this season.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (Rockets) had a great weekend aswell, was fun and good to drink beers. Our only complaint from the Pitt River field was there were 2 teams, PCOV and another black uni team (what the fC ??) that as soon as their game was done took down their nets and booked it for the day, even though there was only 1 game left after them. Very poor league comraderie (sp) from those teams. Luckily we brought 2 nets and had them both up for the teams after us so they could play their game with nets. I think they signed up in the wrong league when neither one of them had a single player drink a beer after...:eek:

What has this league come to...:rolleyes:

We should do a better job of screening teams...:wa:

Good luck to all beer drinking teams this season!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard we were not having a cup final because the last couple of years the Young Guns were not in it and if they can't win it nobody will.

Super div. 2 striker you are wrong one of the girls from PCOV drank with us on the Saturday but she was told on the Sunday by her team she was no longer allowed to drink with us. Who knew we were such bad influences.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts