Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2008 - Banter, Etc...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it wasn't all your ladies it was just one who thinks it is just being competitive to use her shoulder or elbow when going for a ball or to clip ankles from behind. It hasn't been just her Aftershock and a few others have a girl or two that does the same crap, you guys were just the ones we played the other night and I felt like venting. The point she is missing is that if a guy goes shoulder to shoulder with her, his shoulder is at her head level and the guy is considered a dick so we go in trying to avoid making any contact which makes us more vulnerable to get injured. It would be nice if they realise and appreciate that and not take advantage of it. I have always felt you should treat coed like you are at a practise and then tone it down some more.

Like I said earlier I have decided on a simple solution girl cheap shots us the next time a guy has the ball the tackle might be missed timed, accidentally of course:D. I have a feeling Butter's history of zero reds might come to an end soon. It's a good thing I am on the discipline comity according to the beernuts that means you don't have to serve any games.

Btw I would never call a girl a cnut to her face I am not brave enough to do that.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I would like to thank Orange Crush for allowing us to use a couple of BDGC players so that we could field a team last night.

But I like to vent today about what bothers me most in coed soccer and I know I probably will take a ribbing from a few of the idiots on here. Hi super striker.

Why do some girls like to take cheap shots at the guys knowing that we are not going in hard on them so that they do not get injured. When you play mens soccer you expect it and go into tackles hard to protect yourself from getting injured. If we were to do the same in coed you would see a lot of girls getting hurt and for the most part the majority of girls respect the fact that a guy will back out of a tackle so they don't injure a girl. Some girls seem to use coed to prove that they can play as hard as a guy and like to take cheap shots knowing there is nothing we can do...or is there.

The way I see it you can either take the Rockets approach to coed and go in hard on the girls. Or what I prefer is if a girl takes a cheap shot at you the next time you go into a tackle with one of their guys you arrive accidentally a little late. I think that would be playing coed soccer in the spirit that was intended.

WOW, way to involve me in a discussion that has nothing to do with me. I feel the love I really do! We dont even play you guys this year. Stop being a baby because we always beat you. We dont hit girls either, at least never on purpose. Sometimes a girl gets a harder tackle than usual after she is the one that is doing exactly what you are on here crying about. Thats the other way that some guys deal with the wacking, by going in a little harder with that particular girl (not in an attempt to injure) but more so as to not get injured themselves or as frustration for taking the hits from her all game. I think its a stupid solution to wack a guy on the team for something the girl did. I know your not good with the ladies but no guy can control them, so its not cool to wack the next random guy and injure him instead. Yes you are definately known for being a late tackler/wacker anyways and I just think you are trying to give an excuse for your play!

The way I see it you shouldnt take the Butter approach and stop whining and just play the damn game!

Funny thing is, I totally would have been supportive of the majority of your post until you had to bring me into it for no reason... your such a douche..:bronco:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting match up's in the first round of "A" cup!

1) Beefeaters vs Rockets Tuesday at Gates 7PM
2) Dragons vs PCOV Wednesday at 8:30 at Bby Lakes
3) Cheatside vs YG Thursday at 7PM at Bby Lakes
4) Gunners vs BDGC at WestView Thursday at 8PM

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting match up's in the first round of "A" cup!

1) Beefeaters vs Rockets Tuesday at Gates 7PM
2) Dragons vs PCOV Wednesday at 8:30 at Bby Lakes
3) Cheatside vs YG Thursday at 7PM at Bby Lakes
4) Gunners vs BDGC at WestView Thursday at 8PM

The one day notice really sucks. Our team has trouble with weeknight games as it is. I dont know if we will even have enough girls. I only have 2 confirm right now!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one day notice really sucks. Our team has trouble with weeknight games as it is. I dont know if we will even have enough girls. I only have 2 confirm right now!

everyone knew when playoffs were at the beginning of the season
just had to wait to slot the teams in depending on how everyone finished.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyone knew when playoffs were at the beginning of the season
just had to wait to slot the teams in depending on how everyone finished.

Yes I knew they were either tues, wed, thurs or sun of this week... Sorry but that doesnt really give a very accurate day! I cant expect my whole team to book off each day waiting to hear which will be chosen for us. I think next year it should be 1vs8 on this day, etc... then if you can see where you are in the standings it will give you an idea of which are possible instead of waiting for the other team to choose which fits best for their team. I know we have always done it this way, just saying that with 4 dif dates as a possible between us being in either the A or B cup and not knowing til very late Sun night, makes it hard to plan for.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker if you come in the top 2 , you pretty much get to play on the day that works best for your team! I agree with the fact that teams who have been consistent and done well in the standings should have an option. At least this way it would also narrow down the days for you!:D

Yes I knew they were either tues, wed, thurs or sun of this week...

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker if you come in the top 2 , you pretty much get to play on the day that works best for your team! I agree with the fact that teams who have been consistent and done well in the standings should have an option. At least this way it would also narrow down the days for you!:D

Yes I realize if you end on the top you get the choice... I guess we just didnt TRY HARD enough.. :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I knew they were either tues, wed, thurs or sun of this week... Sorry but that doesnt really give a very accurate day! I cant expect my whole team to book off each day waiting to hear which will be chosen for us. I think next year it should be 1vs8 on this day, etc... then if you can see where you are in the standings it will give you an idea of which are possible instead of waiting for the other team to choose which fits best for their team. I know we have always done it this way, just saying that with 4 dif dates as a possible between us being in either the A or B cup and not knowing til very late Sun night, makes it hard to plan for.

Even though there were about six teams involved in tiebreakers that were not decided until last night, I also like the idea of the playoff schedule decided upon ahead of time. I've been playing phone tag since last night and cannot schedule any games for the B or C cups until team contacts reply to me. It's been frustrating to say the least.

The only B Cup game to be scheduled so far is Beernuts vs Union Jackers; Wednesday @ 6:30 @ Bby Lakes.

The WTFC vs Orange Crushed game is a default win for OC.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's surprising What the FC goes from dominating C division last year to forfieting their playoff game. What happened, sophmore blues in terms of running a team?

B Cup
-Beernuts vs Union Jackers (to be played this Wednesday at 6:30 @ Bby Lakes)
-Violators vs Slappers (Violators please let me know when/where you want to play on Sunday)
-WTFC vs Orange Crushed (Orange Crushed wins by default)
-Barely There vs Aftershock (BT, please call me and let me know when/where you want to play on Sunday)

C Cup
Butter vs Gin and Tonics (Butter, please call me)
Knackered vs Shadow (Knackered, please call me)
Cosmos vs Wanderers (Cosmos, please call me)
Allover vs Like Rabbits (Allover, please call me)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's surprising What the FC goes from dominating C division last year to forfieting their playoff game. What happened, sophmore blues in terms of running a team?

they are missing the playoffs due to 2 forfeited games during regular season

beernuts had a game vs. them a couple weeks back, they were super short players, so we leant them a few players, and it ended up being a really good game, so, it is too bad to see them miss the playoffs.

good luck to all teams

striker14

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb just called me and said that we do not have Bby Lakes #2 tomorrow at 7PM.

Game between Cheatside and YG has been moved to 8:30pm at Bby Lakes #1.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 4-1 PCOV close game with them getting 2 in the last 10 to make it 4-1. Fun game to play in and hopefully I can play a bit more next year. Cheers and good luck to all remaining.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Esportsdesk is not working. Here is the semi final schedule for the A-C Cups.

Monday at Port Moody Middle:
6PM Shadow vs Allover (C Cup Semi)
7:30PM Butter vs Wanderers (C Cup Semi)

Tuesday:
YG vs Beefeaters 7pm Gates (A Cup Semi)

Wednesday:
Beernuts vs Slappers 6:30 pm Bby Lakes (B Cup Semi)
Dragons vs BDGC 8:30 pm @ Bby Lakes (A Cup Semi)

Thursday
Barely There vs Orange Crushed 7pm Gates (B Cup Semi)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shadow 4-3 over Allover.

No word yet on who they play in the C Cup Final on Sunday.

STD...how did Butter do tonight?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They play the Wanderers, we lost in a shoot-out. I would suggest a lit field for next year because both games went to a shoot-out and ours was in the dark. No excuses it just would have been nice to be able to watch the shots from centre.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG 5
Beefeaters 3

Wild start to this game. YG up 2 buzz in the first five minutes of the game and then Beefeaters tied it up five minutes later. Sammy A was Fantabulous with 3 goals in the first half as well setting up another and missing a couple breakaways. Both teams had a PK with YG scoring theirs and Beefeaters missing theirs. I thought Herb did a good job despite the moaning.

Next up is either Dragons or BDGC. Should be a good final either way and hopefully the weather is nice!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow is that now 7 in a row that YG is in the "A" cup final? Win or lose on Sunday, it has been a pretty good run by YG, being in the league since 1991. I just hope they don't get champion shirts again, as I don't have any room left in my closet for another shirt!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts