Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs have you considered putting up any sort of disclaimer on the sight? I was thinking maybe something like:

The TTP community has been around for many years and we kinda pride ourselves on a whole bunch of stuff, discussing things among people of many different backgrounds. Topics can be a bit controversial and there is a slight chance, TTP is not everyone's cup of tea. If you are one of these types, probably best to just move along.

Let me know what you think ;)

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree with MasterTATA.

It is amazing to hear people talking and discussing about the development of young players and then we have the provincial association changing the rules of the game for the most important adult competition in the province

In my opinion, these rules implemented by BCSA are more suitable for a recreational leagues than for the Provincial Cup finals in which the top teams from the top amateur leagues in the province are working hard during the regular season to be part of it.

Just my opinion.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we not a recreational league???
Are you all facking serious???
Give your collective heads a shake.....

This exact attitude from our coaches and leaders is why we are spinning our tires as a soccer nation.

Utah, what is above this A cup level in BC?
What is the next level for our top players?

Yah, easier to call it Rec and kick guys eh?
As you were.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you all. We need something more...
But don't take what we got and make it something its not

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah, how many subs do you make at any give half? In a match?

I remember when the UNLIMITED sub rules came in for FVSL Prem. It was a joke then, but nothing really changed. Teams still typically only used 3-5 subs all match. Why? Obviously because you want to keep your most competitive squad out there, and keep the flow / cohesion going.

Now it's 5 all match and unlimited at half. Fine. Whatever. I bet if you changed it to 5 total, there'd be very little protest.

But, fcuk me, limiting the growth of Canadian soccer? You do realize our leagues are for has-beens and never-was-beens, right?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah, how many subs do you make at any give half? In a match?

I remember when the UNLIMITED sub rules came in for FVSL Prem. It was a joke then, but nothing really changed. Teams still typically only used 3-5 subs all match. Why? Obviously because you want to keep your most competitive squad out there, and keep the flow / cohesion going.

Now it's 5 all match and unlimited at half. Fine. Whatever. I bet if you changed it to 5 total, there'd be very little protest.

But, fcuk me, limiting the growth of Canadian soccer? You do realize our leagues are for has-beens and never-was-beens, right?

Pretty much my thoughts. Teams don't make that many subs at the highest levels, so the rule is essentailly irrelevent other than as I mentioned, possibly wasting time at the end of a game or replacing an injured player.

If we limit the amount of subs further I am not sure anytone would protest too much, then again it is a tough sell for players to be on a team and see no game time because there are only 3 subs week in week out. (Waiting for some real veterans around here to start talking about the days before any subs were allowed...)

I just don't see the leap to how this effects us as a nation. Sure our collective mindset might to too "all inclusive" but for f*ck's sake the number of subs in amateur men's league is not stopping us from beating Honduras.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much my thoughts. Teams don't make that many subs at the highest levels, so the rule is essentailly irrelevent other than as I mentioned, possibly wasting time at the end of a game or replacing an injured player.

If we limit the amount of subs further I am not sure anytone would protest too much, then again it is a tough sell for players to be on a team and see no game time because there are only 3 subs week in week out. (Waiting for some real veterans around here to start talking about the days before any subs were allowed...)

I just don't see the leap to how this effects us as a nation. Sure our collective mindset might to too "all inclusive" but for f*ck's sake the number of subs in amateur men's league is not stopping us from beating Honduras.

It's just a simple & basic example that elaborates the mind set and seriousness of ppl towards the game. The same mindset that has prevented the nation to have a national league which is a joke now days and the main reason we have a poor quality national team.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIFA LAW 3 – THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS

Number of Players

A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team consists of fewer than seven players.

Number of substitutions

Official competitions

Up to a maximum of three substitutes may be used in any match played in an official competition organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations or the member associations. The rules of the competition must state how many substitutes may be nominated, from three up to a maximum of twelve.

Other matches

In national “A” team matches, up to a maximum of six substitutes may be used.

In all other matches, a greater number of substitutes may be used provided that:

• The teams concerned reach agreement on a maximum number

• The referee is informed before the match

If the referee is not informed, or if no agreement is reached before the match, no more than six substitutes are allowed.

Return Substitutions

The use of return substitutions is only permitted in the lowest levels (grassroots/ recreational) of football, subject to the agreement of the member association concerned.

There you have it. Now a decision has to be made by Leagues and Provincial Associations whether to be a competitive amateur institution and have up to the maximum of six substitutes or be a recreational amateur institution and have a maximum of twelve substitutes.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not making any comparison. I am just saying how the game is played in the competitive leagues around the world of football, following the laws of the game whether they are professional leagues or amateur leagues.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll way past any prime thoughts on the above thread but wish to remind we are more a hockey nation, it should not surprise anyone that when our young players are identified (hockey only), they have options to better coaching, better leagues, etc. Namely 16/17 years playing Jr A or college.........what does football or soccer if you prefer offer.....not much, another development league that goes nowhere, perhaps an American partial scholarship if you're lucky. Amateur football alive but perhaps not so swell in BC....

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, as the title clearly indicates we are talking about BC Provincial Cup games not VMSL/FVSL.

Secondly, not following a simple and basic FIFA rule, such as having a maximum number of Subs during the Provincial Championship games where the Nationals Championship participant is chosen, by the most influential organization could only hint how serious and passionate the nice and hardworking ppl in charge are thinking/planning at the moment.

I could justify the unlimited subs during half-time only for the Masters level and NOT for any other category.

Endurance is an important part of all sports especially when it comes to Soccer. That’s why the law is to play 90 minutes and not 30 minutes per an official match. Coaches and players will not be forced to prioritized to improve their endurance level when there are unlimited subs allowed. There goes more than 50% of the real game of Soccer out the door.

One could argue that the unlimited subs provides more players to get more playing time and gain the experience however, I think at the level we are talking about , Provincial Championship, only the best and most prepared should compete. It is the BC Provincial Championship games NOT a DROP-IN SOCCER night !!!!!!!!

I only say this because I strongly believe Canada has the potential to be much better even right now than what we have been getting from the National team and the Canadian Soccer Association in the past couple of decades. We need more serious and better disciplined management at the top who would be embarrassed when reminded it has been 30 years since we qualified for the World Cup considering that by comparison we have one of the easiest routes in the world to go to the World Cup !!!!!!!!

Provincial Cup games are teams from VMSL/FVSL (VISL) so yes we are talking about those leagues. Players in these leagues are 99.99999% not going on to professional soccer careers nor playing in the national team. They are adults who may have done very well as youth, some playing on provincial and national teams. But, those days are gone. These cup games are competitive for the players who enter them. The players take them seriously, as do the coaches, refs, leagues, and BCSA. But, they are not impacting the development of the footballers in this country as they pertain to the national teams. It is not a feeder system to the Whitecaps, or any other professional league, and players in these leagues are not getting invited to national team camps. Players in these leagues are good, and they want to compete. And, I respect and applaud them for that. But they have nothing to do with our national football development anymore so than do the Sunday footballers in England have an impact on their national team.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only say this because I strongly believe Canada has the potential to be much better even right now than what we have been getting from the National team and the Canadian Soccer Association in the past couple of decades. We need more serious and better disciplined management at the top who would be embarrassed when reminded it has been 30 years since we qualified for the World Cup considering that by comparison we have one of the easiest routes in the world to go to the World Cup !!!!!!!!

Absolutely, I agree with this. But, let's take this idea and apply it to our u6-12, and then again to our u13-u18 players that are trying to get into the Whitecaps programs. It is the Whitecaps, like it or not, in BC (and the BCSPL, MSL, and to a degree the Gold/Div 1 teams) that are responsible for progressing us as a footballing province that contributes to our national team. Not the BC Men's Senior Provincial Cup competitions.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would tend to agree with @MasterTATA. The little details are the ones that accumulate and matter. I strongly suggest that you contact BC soccer and let them know. No need to take some people too seriously here. Contact the BC soccer adult coordinator. You can start a petition too, but yes I agree unlimited substitutions make it look like coed mickey mouse competition.

I agree there should be limited subs in the senior men's/women's premier leagues (Div 1 as well?), as well as the cup competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0