Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the draw, games start the weekend of April 22/23/24

(1) Peg - VMSL
Comox - VISL

Saanich Fusion - VISL
Nanaimo - VISL

(2) Langley United - FVSL
Algergrove - FVSL

Inter - VMSL
Pacific United - VMSL

(3) Cowichan - VISL
Bays United - VISL

Croatia - VMSL
Abotsford - FVSL

(4) Metro Ford - VMSL
West Van - VMSL

PM Gunners - FVSL
Surrey United - VMSL

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The club at the top of the bracket is the home team for that fixture correct?

MF & WV right from the off, jesus. Some great fixtures in the opening round!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The club at the top of the bracket is the home team for that fixture correct?

MF & WV right from the off, jesus. Some great fixtures in the opening round!
Yes, top team is home... Peg with home field all the way to the final for example.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-4 years?
But can give them a game anytime? Only the top 6 of course. Hahaha!

Why wait 3-4 years if you're on that level now? I don't get it. One second a challenge and the other you need 3-4 years to get there? Are you building the youth system up?

Your lost.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I am wrong but there is unlimited subs permitted for provincial games? For "A" cup unlimited subs during half like Vmsl CAT league games and max 5 subs during the game. For "B" cup unlimited all game !!!!!!! I personally think this is a ridiculous rule by BC soccer and brings down the credibility of the competition. We are playing soccer not Hokey and embarrassing for all of us, therefore, I think VMSL cup is more credible than this. Don't you agree?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Correct me if I am wrong but there is unlimited subs permitted for provincial games? For "A" cup unlimited subs during half like Vmsl CAT league games and max 5 subs during the game. For "B" cup unlimited all game !!!!!!! I personally think this is a ridiculous rule by BC soccer and brings down the credibility of the competition. We are playing soccer not Hokey and embarrassing for all of us, therefore, I think VMSL cup is more credible than this. Don't you agree?
Confused on which rule/competition is embarrassing - can you clarify a bit more?

Cheers,

Regs.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused on which rule/competition is embarrassing - can you clarify a bit more?

Cheers,

Regs.

The rules and regulation of the BC provincial games that is allowing to do unlimited subs. I meant as a member I expect the rules to get more difficult compare to the league we have qualified from ,VMSL in our case, not easier. These games are pretty much a Canadian version of State championship and unlimited subs do not make sense what so ever.

If we want Canadian soccer to improve on the world stage we have to try to follow FIFA rules. Even for friendly games teams usually allocate maximum subs before the game in order to avoid demolishing the flow of the game.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rules and regulation of the BC provincial games that is allowing to do unlimited subs. I meant as a member I expect the rules to get more difficult compare to the league we have qualified from ,VMSL in our case, not easier. These games are pretty much a Canadian version of State championship and unlimited subs do not make sense what so ever.

If we want Canadian soccer to improve on the world stage we have to try to follow FIFA rules. Even for friendly games teams usually allocate maximum subs before the game in order to avoid demolishing the flow of the game.

These substitution rules are in line with the FVSL. FVSL Prem gets 5 subs during the game and unlimited at half. All other divisions are unlimited. VMSL has much stricter substitution rules (5 subs all game in every division excluding CAT and U21). I am not sure what the island's rules are regarding subs.

Whether or not this hinders our development as a soccer playing nation I'm not 100% sure. Fact is there are not a lot of teams qualifying for Provincials that are going to be making line changes at half time. I think maybe it allows teams the opportunity to waste time tactically, but outside of that I'm not convinced that it is detrimental.

Again I am not sure, but I believe these are the same substitution rules the CSA follows for nationals?? I know at the youth level it's a similar story, HPL has much stricter sub rules compared to Provs and Nats.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL/FVSL rules for substitutions have sweet 'eff all to do with our development as a football nation.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL/FVSL rules for substitutions have sweet 'eff all to do with our development as a football nation.

First of all, as the title clearly indicates we are talking about BC Provincial Cup games not VMSL/FVSL.

Secondly, not following a simple and basic FIFA rule, such as having a maximum number of Subs during the Provincial Championship games where the Nationals Championship participant is chosen, by the most influential organization could only hint how serious and passionate the nice and hardworking ppl in charge are thinking/planning at the moment.

I could justify the unlimited subs during half-time only for the Masters level and NOT for any other category.

Endurance is an important part of all sports especially when it comes to Soccer. That’s why the law is to play 90 minutes and not 30 minutes per an official match. Coaches and players will not be forced to prioritized to improve their endurance level when there are unlimited subs allowed. There goes more than 50% of the real game of Soccer out the door.

One could argue that the unlimited subs provides more players to get more playing time and gain the experience however, I think at the level we are talking about , Provincial Championship, only the best and most prepared should compete. It is the BC Provincial Championship games NOT a DROP-IN SOCCER night !!!!!!!!

I only say this because I strongly believe Canada has the potential to be much better even right now than what we have been getting from the National team and the Canadian Soccer Association in the past couple of decades. We need more serious and better disciplined management at the top who would be embarrassed when reminded it has been 30 years since we qualified for the World Cup considering that by comparison we have one of the easiest routes in the world to go to the World Cup !!!!!!!!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would tend to agree with @MasterTATA. The little details are the ones that accumulate and matter. I strongly suggest that you contact BC soccer and let them know. No need to take some people too seriously here. Contact the BC soccer adult coordinator. You can start a petition too, but yes I agree unlimited substitutions make it look like coed mickey mouse competition.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless you want to threaten legal action, right?
I would not joke with this regs. There is line between banter and defamation. Accusing someone in public having connections with illegal activity that involves several countries (international drug dealing) that can result in jail time is not a joke. I would suggest that you think about it. Banter is fine. Accusing or implying that people (with real names) are drug dealers is not fine nor cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0