Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chivas 2-1 over the Caps last night. Mattocks missed several easy chances but two of the old guys, Miller and Davidson socred, although one was an OG. Is Salgado stillll injured, Hurtafo and Manneh get lots of playing time but Salgado sits. Someone must think Salgado is Canadian.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another game where I thought Reo & Kobayashi went AWOL... sensing a bit of a Barry Robson re-enactment...

I predict Mattocks is a regular on the bench by the end of the year - unless he is traded before then. I thought you could sense that those around him do not think as highly of him as he does...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another game where I thought Reo & Kobayashi went AWOL... sensing a bit of a Barry Robson re-enactment...

I predict Mattocks is a regular on the bench by the end of the year - unless he is traded before then. I thought you could sense that those around him do not think as highly of him as he does...

you clearly have not noticed how fast he is.

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chivas 2-1 over the Caps last night. Mattocks missed several easy chances but two of the old guys, Miller and Davidson socred, although one was an OG. Is Salgado stillll injured, Hurtafo and Manneh get lots of playing time but Salgado sits. Someone must think Salgado is Canadian.

Salgado is still injured!

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you clearly have not noticed how fast he is.

I have noticed how fast he is. Ben Johnson was faster and tried out with Winnipeg in the old CSL, but same as Mattocks, he couldn't play.
We used to have a saying for fast players like Mattocks. " Open the gates and let him keep running".
It comes down to the famous 4 words that Nobby Styles used to quote.
"Can he F*****g play"?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have noticed how fast he is. Ben Johnson was faster and tried out with Winnipeg in the old CSL, but same as Mattocks, he couldn't play.
We used to have a saying for fast players like Mattocks. " Open the gates and let him keep running".
It comes down to the famous 4 words that Nobby Styles used to quote.
"Can he F*****g play"?

Well it is reassuring that at the highest level of the pyramid, that skill, technique and soccer intelligence is being embraced and rewarded. :rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Said it before, I'll say it again. Mattocks is a one trick pony, and not a very good one at that. Agree with Regs he will find himself stapled to the pine in short order. Reo Coker was bad and Jun Marques Davidson was awful.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Pyramid?
If it was drawn correctly to show Canada's structure, there would be a huge gap where Professional Soccer should be.
I do not know of any Country in the World, other than Canada that does not have it's own league.
There are more Pro' teams in Birmingham than we have in the whole of Canada.
Unfortunately, apart from 3 MLS Teams, that don't sign Canadians, the "top of the pyramid" is what they call "Pub League" anywhere else in the world.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again a division 5 level game. There were several 'lumpy' players on the Chivas team and Reo Coker needs to drop some pounds before anything. Miller is a JOKE. He works as hard as he thinks he needs to. He had the balls to throw his hands in the air after the young kid flicked the ball to him but missed him by a couple of yards. He is an imposter. He is fcuking useless and for anyone to say anything different you are easily deceived. He is stealing money from the Whitecaps for what he actually does over the period of a game. He's a fraud.

YP had a shocker as he put cross after cross right into the keeper's arms(he was a lump too). This Whitecaps team could put a 4 X 100 m team together and have a better chance of doing well in that sport than in this sport.

On a positive note, the buildup to the Fraud's goal was fantastic. A bit more of that please and people will continue to go watch. Anything else like the first half will have BC Place's bottom level 1/4 full in no time especially when the quality of teams coming in hasn't exactly given the fans a treat of entertaining football.

Sorry, one last thing. Cannon's kit was shocking and he was as much to blame as Davidson on the goal as he was blatantly cheating.

Go Caps Go

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill take this years Miller over last years Miller any day of the week. I quite like Hurtado, he has good pace and can beat guys, but he does need a little work, I think he can do well. Mattocks is the one trick pony, lets ship him out for some talent and get a good DP striker in the mix. Both goals were saveable and cannon needs to be better.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is something interesting unfolding with Chivas and their new coach, Josa Louis Sanchez Sola aka "Chelis". The new coach even bypassed shaking hands with Rennie after the game in order to celebrate with the supporters. He's a beauty and his players clearly love playing for him.

Chivas is the team to watch in the MLS this season. Here is a great quote that we could all take to the park with us:

THE GENIUS OF CHELIS: "Football rewards you. If you go into a match and you grind and grind and grind for the good of the team, at the end, it rewards you," Chelís said, before really rounding into form. "In a barrel of feces, you're grinding and grinding, you finally poke your head up to get the fresh air."

Go on, Goats.

clip_image001.jpg

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd rather be deceived by Miller's work than know exactly what I'm not getting from Hassli, Jarju, Dunfield, etc...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least Hassli could bang in a goall. These guys now I do.t know man. One guy attacking is fricken borring. Coach is from Scotland. I would love to see three guy attacking and seven defending. Open the dam game and play ball. It's god borring to watch Mottacks drible. He has both left feet when he dribles. Put the guy on the outside and let him run. Put the big kid in the midle and Hurtada with them. Miller in my opinion should play in the mid on the flanck with his speed to help Croaks.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coker with a crunching fackin tackle!
We need more of this "fack u ****" attitude!

Still no room for Rochat or Thiebert.....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we please, even if its just for a month, have the same starting line up as the week before. What a fcuking joke this is.Its been 3 years like this. How do we expect to get any wins and put a solid playoff team together, when we start people so their feelings aren't hurt. I would really love to see Renne go, and get someone with some balls to coach this team and actually stick to a line up. Were never gonna get better being the Railhawks A team or the scottish retirement team. Maybe ill get the chance to start next week for the caps, seems like everyone gets a chance. Fingers crossed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Koffie gets the hook early last week when clearly Kobyashi & Reo were the ones struggling and then this week Koffie finds himself on the bench to start?

WTF?

BTW, Knighton must really be the shits to not have a sniff yet this year... Cannon looks somewhat "uncomfortable" between the sticks. Not sure what it is but I don't really have too much confidence in him when watching. I get making yourself look big but you better have your angles right if that's all you are going to do - I felt the Quakes goal was stoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0